Mutant plants, fasciation and other abnormalities

Extreme variation in leaf shape and width in this Blue Tara F3 I just chopped this morning, different main branches looking like different plants

1 Like

Hey I got a four cotyledon leaf mutation here. It is an Acapulco Gold fem seed.
We will see how it grows.

2 Likes

Humboldt - Pound Town (Auto)

What an interesting mutation. Since seedling, it was abnormal…and the flowers on top are something I’ve yet to see. Two buds, one stalk. Never topped.

What do you think? It is still super healthy somehow in such a little container without much amending.

1 Like

This is a very strange dwarf plant (SSSC Creeper auto), it looks happy (and all plants around it are for sure), but it doesn’t want to stretch at all, and is forming dark and extremely vibrant purple buds, with the colouration spreading to the leaves.

As the label suggests, I pollinated the plant with some Fro-yo autofem pollen I kindly received from @joheimgrohen, hopefully we get some seeds~!

Cheers,
eS :tropical_drink:

2 Likes

Fasciation on Lemon Thai f4 Male from Doc-d reproduction line. I’m growing it out for observation purposes only and dusted a female clone to see if will get seeded. I read that they are sterile but we’ll see what happens.

!

4 Likes

@Juno oh man, that’s exactly what I’m looking for! Please tell me you didn’t cull it!

The thread in this topic is here:

2 Likes

@mrsquiggle I haven’t cull the fasciated Lemon Thai f4 but, I did separate it from everything else just to observe the growth pattern as this is the first male that I have encountered with this mutation.
I dusted a clone Lemon Thai f4 female to see if the pollen was viable and so far it looks to be viable as the pistols are starting to develope and the stamen is now brown. It did take more than a couple of attempts for the pollen to take but we’ll have to see. I will not be planting the offsprings but will keep the seed (if any, could be non-viable) in storage just in case since I feel that the male Fasciation is rare.
I may also clone it to see if it will revert back to normal from the clone but I doubt it since it was a triploid from seed.

Speaking of Lemon Thai, Doc Ds Malibu Pure Kush x Lemon Thai no19

3 Likes

I think me meant the jaguar s1’s with the trich covered veg leaves :wink:

1 Like

@ChongoBongo, I made a cross with the CSI Humboldt “Jager s1” (mom) “frost” into “Hermetic Genetics” (lol, love the breeders name) “Platinum Jager” (dad) and will have to pop at the very least 50 beans to see if the trait carries through before sending out seeds. I’m shooting for late winter since I’m currently running Mexican Death Sativa x D.E, Bandaid Haze, Cuban Black and Congo Black.
Hit me up late winter to remind me to soak them beans for a spring run.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Juno Yep, frosty fan leaves in the vegetative phase is what I’m looking for.

I’m hope the all vegitative leaves of the ‘frost’ Jager produced trichomes. Did the
Veg leaves stay frosty the whole grow, or did they revert to normal fan leaves? Do you have any pictures?

Yep, I would be very interested in seeds from this ‘frost leaf’ mom! I’m not even interested in the quality of the flowers, but in preserving this trait.

@mrsquiggle I’ll be replying to this on your thread.
Thanks

A little Drunken Bastard being extra weird :crazy_face:

and one of my “143” autos popped with three cotyledons :hushed:

2 Likes