My 1’x1’x2’ mini tent and new 60w spacebucket

Hello!
I have made several posts asking crazy questions however I love growing efficient indoor plants. I plan on revegging, as it can be done perpetually , as I like to keep simple and I don’t mind waiting 2-4 weeks for it to reveg. After a few harvests, I plan on getting some fresh clones from the revegged plant and keeping the best clone, rinse, repeat. Needing only 5-6oz a year, I’m aiming for 1-2oz a harvest to keep it fun year round.

The tent-1’x1’x2’
120mm exhaust fan
3-15w 2700k led screw in domeless bulbs. Connected on a bucket lid that has been trimmed down to fit perfectly on top. This is a cheap tent from eBay and does have small pinhole leaks around zipper. Not enough to mess up flowering I’m sure, but enough to be annoying.

Spacebucket
4-15w 2700k domeless (might be too much)?
80mm noctura fan
I created the 5 gal bucket to make a quieter, grow box. However my plant has grown to big in the tent, so I may just try to fix it.

Currently both need smell protection. I’m trying to figure out the simplest, easiest way. That doesn’t involve buying a lot of things or skills. I have a lot of activated carbon sheets. One sheet works for veg, but not for flower.

Thank you all for the motivation , and any filter tips would be appreciated.

5 Likes

If you post just the image address of each photo they show up as below.

Also plant looks ready for flowering, Personally i would prune a little, such as some of the lower and inner fan leaves, but its good to go other wise.

4 Likes

that’s interesting that you have more lighs in the bucket than the tent :slight_smile: sometimes light leaks are only visible from one way if it has a zipper guard thing inside. you could fix them with little pieces of black gorilla tape

as for a simple filter, look into either ducting pipe or say mesh pencil holders at a dollar store, just pack with carbon and seal the ends with some mesh and put over your exhaust and it will help. Only need about 2.5"-3" carbon depth

https://www.homedepot.com/p/5-in-x-2-ft-Round-Metal-Duct-Pipe-BCP5X24/100165174

Yeah after the tent I plan on running the bucket and see which one yields more. I’m already at 45w/Sq ft in tent, lol. I wanted to see if the 60w bucket would yield 15g more, even with 1” less overall diameter(fan leaves fit flush against side with its current height) seems the tent offers more space, and it just looks healthier overall which could be due to the better airflow/Mylar / better environment for it to thrive vs the bucket. This tent also folds up into something smaller than an umbrella, so i might try to get a new shell from the eBay seller and just keep it.

Thank you @Mr.Sparkle . You are truly a micro grow wizard. Another option that was running around in my mind, was to purchase another fan the same size. Hollow it out, and use 2 of these sheets with the pellets put internally. Still trying with push/pull methods, and I believe these fans work best by sucking through a filter, vs pushing?

1 Like

If you could achieve sufficient air flow and light penetration, everything else is more an inconvenience to the plant.

In my grow, I like to give the plants a luxurious life, so the tent works, but these mini-projects are totally cool.

Love to see the innovations. Some of the lessons learned apply very well back in the tent, greenhouse and out in the garden. :thumbsup:

Keep it posted and well photographed.

Nice!

99%

2 Likes

Thank you. Are you saying put the filter on top, as in pushing through for best results?

2 Likes

Looks like you’re off to a good start. Check out the 1x1x2 Challenge thread for some ideas and tips. Maybe share a photo or two of them.

push or pull, both will work. Pulling just eliminates most chances of unfiltered air bypassing the filter, but if the filter doesn’t have air gaps pushing works just as well

1 Like

7F, doubled height from last pic, defoilated a little, and bent some tops. Will do my best to leave it alone from here, unless another bending session is due at the end of stretch. Cleaned up all the growth below the white bucket. Still only needing a watering every 3-5 days in a 1 gal coco smart pot. When needed I can use the 2 gal as a Rez, only in a situation where I might have to leave for 5-7 days perhaps.

Not seeing much with the flowering process at all, maybe another week. Carbon filter has been fixed. I have 2 clones in the spacebucket, I’m not sure if I’m seeing it correctly but I’m sure I have growth already. 7 days, pure coco, daily misting.

After this grow I gotta make up some decisions. I would like some kind of auto mated grow going forward, in a micro setting. This plant might just be to large for what I might need. Needing only 5-6oz a year, I would rather grow smaller, no stink, no maintence, small strains. I guess this is why @Mr.Sparkle runs what he does. Years of error and progress.

I’m also in the process of locating to the Pacific Northwest soon, so that would put my mind at peice. Also will look into building the next setup into some kind of micro, auto watering, stealth, fun to garden box/cab. Will be renting, even in legal state, but don’t want any attention of course. Spacebuckets work great, but it’s not the best stealth approach imo. I have also been debating running one plant and reveg, or doing the sog with a mother and putting a new clone straight into flower for 5-8g per harvest, every 1-2 weeks. 2 approachs, one outcome.

1 Like

Will update tom morning with pic. Quick update. Plant grew too tall for the tent. I defoiliated again, and moved to the bucket. I have no idea what I will yield. With the size of it currently it looks larger than the 2oz+ grows on spacebuckets with 5 spacers currently. I am now using 60w, instead 45w.

1 Like

where you get the tent ?