HLG 260 in a 2x2

What could go wrong :joy: it’s only 62.5 watts per square foot. Todays the first day at 75 percent and I’m at 14 inches from canopy. My goal is to maximize the output of this 2x2 to see if my goals can be achieved with less space. Day 2 of flower I’m using a trellis from Ac Infinity. Oh forgot to mention it’s a 2x2x4 :joy::joy::joy:

20 Likes

Holy cow man that’s some serious power. I ran an HLG100 in a 2x2 and had very nice results.

Maybe you’ll fiddle with the dimmer but I think it will work well!

10 Likes

Oh man! I think you’re gonna have to turn that down :joy: I use HLG RSpec’s and can’t get past 27w/sqft without light stress and burn. Best of luck though, everything’s looking good!

6 Likes

I have had good results in the 2x4 with the HLG 260 along with a bloomspect 100 so I was at a about 350 watts total in my 2x4 according to the kill-a-watt. I feel like I need two HLG 260s in a 2x4 though so if this works I’ll just get another one and have 500 watts in my 2x2. It’s not a crazy thought if you think about the output of the HIDs we use to use but we can get away with more light with less heat using LED. I know it’s all about DLI and VPD but I have no way of measuring those at the moment so I’m gonna play around with it.

2 Likes

I’m really tryna see if this gelato cross @bassman5420 bred can even be stressed. It’s so vigorous and no matter what I do it seems to stay happy. I’m gonna mix these two plants a little by reversing this gdp so we will end up with (Gelato x C99 x PBB) x GDP and hopefully some straight GDP seeds I can start playing around with. The GDP is a slow growing girl so if I can get some of the vigor in this cross maybe I’ll end up with something cool.

4 Likes

Ooh man, that could potentially be a sick cross that’s for sure. :metal:

2 Likes

Very good luck to you! I use the same size tent for starting seeds/clones lol …the space restriction especially with a carbon filter in there! You’re a brave soul my friend! Cant wait to see where this goes! :+1:

1 Like

I got it at 75 percent and they pretty happy so far. Not seeing any light damage but I been training them too. I still have about 4 inches of space and another trellis so I don’t believe I’m gonna have a space issue. Maybe a yield issue lol. My goal is 8 oz we will see.

7 Likes

I do see a bit of taco’ing but could be nothing/unrelated :thinking:

Also, I have found a lot of plants won’t show any damage through stretch, but within a couple days of the stretch stopping and flowers starting to come in then the damage starts showing up to.

Who knows tho, maybe these girls will take it no problem.

2 Likes

They are not even praying, they are fine.

1 Like

I been super cropping and bending things and I just watered pretty heavily. I hope they do t burn after stretch :flushed:

As a fellow short 2x2 tenter with an oversized light, I highly recommend ditching the typical light straps in favor of something you can really cinch up to the top. It will add some extra space and you can just crank the light to produce whatever you need @ canopy height no problem.

3 Likes

Oh you know we getting creative with the straps lol. I managed to put my filter on a bar and slide it to the very back which leaves me just enough room to put the HLG in the front. If they try to get stretchy I have the trellis. As long as the buds don’t stretch, which they shouldn’t because of them not having to move to get the right amount of light, I don’t expect to have a problem. They looking very hypertrophic this morning. In a week we’re moving to 100 percent on the dimmer.

6 Likes

Had to remove the net. The Cynthia is too stretchy and the GDP is too bushy. I am not a fan of a scrogging id rather use wire ties. Once again though I’m out of bud and flipped to flower earlier than I’d like. I could scrog the Cynthia by herself with good results but the GDP is just way too compact to try and and scrog next to something that stretchy.

Day 13 Feeding-

All in a 1 gallon Jug of tap water

FloraGro 10ml/G
FloraMicro 8ml/g
FloraBloom 5ml/g
KoolBloom 15ml/g
Cal Magic 5ml/g
Blackstrap Tblsp
Mycos WP 1/2 Tsp

5.4 Ph
2.8 EC

Having to water everyday because these pots are only maybe 2 gallons and I don’t have room to switch to buckets

1 Like

2x2 growers unite!
Love it

2 Likes

Hey BlazeUno423, our local shop had theses tent kits on sale a few years ago now. LED light, 2x2 tent, inline fan, and some other items for $400.00

All but 1 person, of the 5 tent kits sold, (that I took to the grow shop) remoted the exhaust and filter, by laying a thin piece of plywood on the top of the tent, sucking air from the top.

That 12’-14" of extra space, increased bud harvest, by 15-20% making that area very valuable.
You set looks very nice and clean!! I wish you all the best in your grow!!
Sincerely webe

2 Likes

Did a 2*2 on its side last time, 2 ft hight

Had the fan blowing into filter and the whole thing outa the tent

Works good
Silent too

1 Like

I think ima be good with room.

4 Likes

Mind blown. Thats how you make a 4x2 out of a 2x2 :joy: I thought about doing this a couple times but I thought it would be silly. The dimensions are there though I grow short ass plants

1 Like

Yes and the only downside with working in only 2 ft hight was getting in there as I had it on the floor

If you go this way I highly recommend putting it on a bench or table so you can get to the back to train

I’d happily do a 2x2 on its side for flower
Stacked on top of a 2x2 on its side for veg

1 Like