My Dad gave up on Chemo for his Pancreatic cancer

Hey guys I wanted to have this conversation. My dad has been battling pancreatic cancer since thanksgiving and he has made little progress with chemo. Now he decided that he does not want to do the chemo anymore and is pursuing alternative medicine. He has been anti weed all his life but he is open to it now after reading research on it. With that said I want to grow some plants to help him out. I am not really sure which ones would be the most effective. I don’t want to grow any 0 thc stuff in my garden either. I am interested in breeding a plant that has THC, CBG, and CBD. Also this article that I was looking is referencing a strain called black swan which I never heard of but its high in Caflanone that is supposed to helpful against pancreatic cancer. I live in Missouri and I am going to have my dad sign up for the medical program and I will grow as his caregiver so I have increase my plant count. I was just wondering if anyone would have any input or help point me in the right direction. I have almost 2 years of growing now under my belt and I am new to breeding. So I will need to do my research on that. But I have the space and capacity to start breeding. Well I thought I would throw this out there and see where this goes. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the current strains I have going in my garden.
Jelly Rancher
Mountaintop Mint
Willie McGee
Big D
10th Planet Ethos
Superfreak
Peanut Butter Parfait
Blueberry Muffin

29 Likes

Horsemanure and topdressing with straw and hay is good practice when growing outside, as for consumption after harvest, RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) can be a bit of a hassle to make, but I have found that just cooking your ground dried bud in an empty covered pot sitting on top of a bigger pot with boiling salted water for 3 hours works great too for decarboxylation and preserves more of the good stuff than when heating higher. Make sure the water touches the bottom of the pot. Check on the water level every half hour and add more as necessary. Doesn’t matter if it stops boiling for a couple of minutes.

Then just eat a teaspoon at a time, up the dose to 2 or 3 teaspoons a day, or as much as he can handle.

Cutting out coffee, alcohol, red meat (gradually) and starting the day with salted warm lemon water will speed up recovery too, along with yoga to increase bloodflow.

Add organic super foods to the diet: spirulina, red beet, black radish, nettle, dandelion flowers, etc.

Godspeed to you and you father! And above all, fear not. Fear is the real killer. Our bodies are immensely powerful, but they follow our beliefs, assumptions and convictions. The cells of our body are in direct electro-magnetic connection with our every thought. So keep a clean head. A positive mental attitude and faith in what nature has given us makes all the difference.

Also plant some garlic, onion, basil and mint around your plants to confuse pests.

There’s also affirmations, to say upon waking: “I am healthy. Dear body of mine, glucose only for the benevolent cells, for I am magnificent and I am loved.”

May feel a bit strange in the beginning but loving yourself enough to turn destructive habits into benevolent ones is really the key to it all.

23 Likes

Bro, you may have luck going to @Sebring directly. He has both Fantasmo CBG AND Pink Panama CBG. I MAY have some of each coming in soon (hopefully the Spring Box). If so, I can certainly forward a Coin Flip of EACH. Have you considered making RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)? I think Rick contributed that with “diminishing” his Cancer. I have both you and Father in my most personal/reverent of thoughts, wishing only the best. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Blessings to your family. :heart:

5 Likes

Here’s a Listing of Cancer-relieving Strains, NOT in any particular order:

4 Kings
Jungle Spice (I have some that @lefthandseeds made)
Bubba Kush (appetite loss)
Northern Lights (nausea)
GDP (pain/appetite loss)
Pennywise (High CBD, relaxed mindset)
Cannatonic (High CBD, pain-relieving)
Super Lemon Haze (energy boost)
ACDC (High CBD, numbs the pain, especially Chemo-related)
Pineapple Express (energy and fatigue relief)

Hope you find something that works for your Dad. SS/BW…mister :honeybee::100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

I have a few beans let me know when you narrow down choices would be happy to share.

5 Likes

The Israeli research is fascinating me
I heard a Ted talk with great info
BEHIND THE SMOKESCREEN OF MEDICAL CANNABIS — DEDI MEIRI

5 Likes

I hope you can find the strain you are looking for to help your dad. You are in the right place to get help. OG people are the best

3 Likes

Pain management will be a challenge went dealing with pancreatic cancer.

Generally, cannabis having a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD works best, I’d suggest having several strains on hand to see which works best for your dad.

G

9 Likes

Perhaps also take a bit of every single strain and mix them all together, broad spectrum application. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Peach Purée could be a possibility? I’ve read it’s a good one for cancer patients. Sending good thoughts your way.

Awww-

FUCK cancer…

The Herb gives us relief, and it sounds like your going to be there to help all you can-

I’m just really sorry for your dad-

2 Likes

Might want to get on ig and ask seattle chronic seeds what they recommend. I know he is putting in some work. On thc cbd poly hybrids

2 Likes

As someone that is just recovering from cancer Gorilla Glue #4 has been the best strain for me for pain management. Have a cut of ac/dc coming to me on Monday 20:1 cbd hoping that helps for the times I can’t medicate with something that has thc.

The only reason I’m alive is because of excessive amounts of chemotherapy. It’s horrible but it works and you just have to keep going with it. I’m half of what I was prior to chemo but at least I’m still above soil.

15 Likes

Honestly and it may be painful for YOU but realistically your father likely does not have time to wait for you to grow, harvest and cure. Sorry if that isnt something that sounds realistic but depending on where you live you need to search for alternate sources of flowers, edibles, etc if what you have on hand doesnt fill your bill. Now as in yesterday. Last couple years I had a fam member that discovered very early pancreatic cancer and the survival rates ARE dismal. Good luck dealing with this and stay strong but dont ignore the reality of the situation. I tried to do what you want and I even had strains and flower’s but this stuff moves fast.

12 Likes

A good indica would be great for sleep and some sedation. And, if he’s not into smoking, you can decarboxolate the pot in the oven for 20-40 min on 250’ish° (?). (Check on those details, but close).

Then you could grind the weed and put into capsules for him to eat before bed or after chemo… make sure to check google or more reputable people than me, but the idea is the same.

I believe you can do the same with sativa but with obvious different effects. It might help with daytime activities. You can process it with the same techniques but with a more energetic or alert outcome. Still, consult with more specific caregivers regarding these therapies. Cancer sucks and I’ve lost family and friends to it all too often, myself.

Cannabis has the ability to eliminate the cancer cells from replicating. Rick Simpson oil has those properties.

On another sad, side note, I saw a website with a plea for donations to a Rick Simpson website to help with costs associated with a stroke of two that he suffered recently. Sorry, I only saw that recently.

Prayers and vibes sent for you and for your pop. I was lucky enough to spend time with my dad throughout his battle with lung cancer and hold him during his last breath on this earth. Peace

5 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear the struggle he faces but I feel your father made the right choice. I beat cancer last year using RSO made with Pink Kush from Vancouver Island and some other holistic treatments. Rick himself recommended a mix of 5 or more heavy indica leaning varieties for the most diverse range of cannabanoids. Please feel free to send me a private message if you want some help, bless

18 Likes

Best of luck and wishes to your father

I’m sorry to hear about your father and hope he can find some relief. My wife and I celebrated her being 15 years cancer free this past weekend.

20 Likes

Prayers and good thoughts sending your way.

RSO worked for friends

Peace

8 Likes