My first Hydro Setup 🌿

So, you want the roots as exposed as possible?

I see using a peet puck or rapid rooter and putting it direct into its first and final home as a seedling, that seems easier . Would that work?

2 Likes

it should work with out a problem

I would look at what the hydro people do

I have taken plants out of pots knock off the soil cut off 3/4 of the top growth

and stuff them into a bucket

but it slows them down a little

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

Did some research, Basically start them in the rapid rooters, throw em in a solo with the verm/perlite mix to root, then transplant about 2 weeks after rooting in the solo.

This is so awesome!!! I’ve got everything here, ordered the Jacks from Amazon, going to get my seedling started tonight.

Going to throw down a Seedsman Alaska Purple. I’ve wanted to from this one for awhile now!

Squeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

see how easy it is :slight_smile:

if you clone in rockwool stuff them right in the hempys

plant love them

grow well

Dequilo

2 Likes

I’ve never had much success with cloning by stuffing in Rockwool. Seems like it would be easy. Basically from what I understand, you can take a clone from the aero cloner and just plant direct to the medium. Just have to water a few times a day in the beginning till roots are established.

So, 1/4 strength jacks throughout the life cycle? I’ll have to play it by ear with the seedlings and log it so I can make adjustments.

And the next experiment begins!!

look up bubble cloners

pretty painless

1/4 strength is the rate they say to use if you feed at every watering in soil/soil-less

my fourth watering is always plain water with a good run off

just keep an eye on them you can give them more it can be hard to take it back

good luck

Dequilo

2 Likes

Modified my cloner setup! Finly have a reason to use the Clonex :rofl::joy: This way, going to skip the solo cup rooting by the combination and go strait from the cloner, to the verm/perlite.

God Bud 2.0 will be the first hempy bucket setup victim, I mean experiment. :v::peace_symbol::+1::seedling:

10 Likes

I use Fox Farm Happy Frog soil and it sure does make them happy. The first feeding I do is at 3 weeks, and feed every other week after that. I stop feeding 2 weeks before harvest. I also like to add a few shovelfulls of compost and some extra perlite. I also add a few scoops of Jobes Organic 12-12-12 biozome and mix it into the soil. The bacillus in there really does the magic.

1 Like

@dequilo what r your thoughts on a soil cap with the verm/perlite mixture?

don’t reinvent the wheel :slight_smile:

Hempy’s work as designed

Dequilo

5 Likes

I have started seeds/clones in solo cups with just soil and then transplanted into perlite hempys as is . No problem what so ever . I think it even helps because you have a good root mass started .

1 Like

Good point! I’m a soil solo grower at heart, and oddly enough, the GodBud 2.0 I got from @GramTorino was in coco. I threw it into soil and its not dead yet lol. :rofl::joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 gallon lowes bucket, net pot lid and a cheap aquarium pump with airstone. Whole setup costs like $20 to build (build is a strong word, really you just drill a 1/2" hole near the top of the bucket and put your airhose through then attach the stone to the end inside the bucket.

3 Likes

Well here we go, hempy bucket started!

I messed up and filled it prior to putting the plant in a the way, so hopefully the hdroten was still on the bottom, a couple popped up. :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

9 Likes

very nice :slight_smile: love the camo

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

3 Likes

Still alive!

8 Likes

@dequilo can the verm/perlite mixture be recycled for additional uses? Or is it a once and done??

2 Likes

I recycle mine when I do Hempy’s and my soil/soil-less for a couple a grows

after that it goes outside in the Garden

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

Ok, so how will I really be able to tell the roots have hit the bottom reservoir? Assuming its when I need to start adding more water daily?

Started with 1 gallon, then the next day was 1/2 gallon, and today was 1/4 gallon. Is this normal?

3 Likes

Would say, at that size, should hit the “Hempy reservoir pretty fast!!!

1 Like