My first time

Yes cold can also slow growth, but I thought it was always hot where you are? What’s the average temperature lately?

2 Likes

I’m no expert especially not with soil but in hydro we don’t start feeding nutes until 3rd set starts coming in because it burns the crap out of the plant. Plus the cotyledons have enough nutrient in them to get your plants ready to receive ferts. Anyways like i said im no soil expert by any means but seems premature on feeding nutes to the little fella

3 Likes

Hey Shadey, I think you’re right. Probably I should try autoflowers during the dry season. Now it’s raining every other day. I found out that the plant died today in the morning. It died completely the same way as the previous one, just the top fell off.

I will definitely change the nutrient dosage, and will try my best with autos.

Thanks all.

6 Likes

Sounds more like they are damping off with all the humidity and moisture.

It’s caused by a type of fungus and loves wet or moist soil with a more abundant nitrogen source. It blocks the roots from absorbing nutrients and water and the plant just collapses and dies.

6 Likes

Take a picture of the damage on the stem. It will help. Us to identify the exact problem. I have a feeling shadey is right, but pictures can nail it down.

3 Likes

You also might want to consider some kind of indoor micro hydro grow approach.

Check out the Madscientist's 4th Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁 thread to see some amazing things people are doing with DWC in 16oz cups. Throw a few LED bulbs in and you’ve got yourself an indoor grow that won’t take up much space.

If you grow autos then you don’t even need to worry about a light proof area - just put the grow somewhere convenient and tend to the reservoir and wait for it to finish.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about ghat bro. The environment that the plant grows in is the most important thing and I think maybe you’re getting too much of a good thing like moisture.

Really rainy weather is tough on most plants but you can find genetics that suit your environment. Don’t give up. Grow one inside. Doesn’t take much of a light really. It’ll be easier to get it to the one month stage and much stronger in case of stresses. Just get good soil that drains well. peace

1 Like

Hi guys.
I started practicing again. So far planted one cbd auto.

I planted one 2 days ago, today I saw that the first feed leaves have been eaten by some insects.

What can I do to solve this issue?

3 Likes

I have boiled down garlic and hot peppers before, then diluted that into water and sprayed. The bugs don’t like the taste.

Those should be things easily accessible to you.

4 Likes

nor do the rabbits

3 Likes

I used to also soak cigarette butts in the mix. Nicotine can be used as an insecticide from what I understand. That was the oldschool way, I didn’t figure that suggestion would go over well but it works.

Rabbits and deer can be a huge issue when growing guerilla style.

1 Like

That sounds interesting. What’s the ratio of water and mix?

1 Like

This article uses the garlic and peppers separately. I used them together. Use caution when adding the soap, dawn is a detergent that can burn your plants up (been there done that). That is why the article says biodegradable soap.

2 Likes

Day 6, so far so good. Growing some cbd strain, forgot the name.

4 Likes

I have grown it before my friend :slight_smile:

forgive me as I am a bit old I think they call it…weed :wink:

all the best in your grow

Dequilo

3 Likes

Day 8
I found out today that the plant is laying down on the soil. We have a nice wind, idk why it’s not standing. The leaves are damn huge tho. I just put some soil under the plant to make it stand straight. I could see purple color on the very bottom of the plant. I don’t know what that means.

2 Likes

Day 11.
I tested ph of my water with ph drops. It showed 8 - 8.5. I immediately ordered ph down. So far going good, but in the future I don’t think it will grow well because it may not be able to access to nuted.

4 Likes

It looks OK though. Fix the ph and it should keep chugging along for you.

2 Likes

Day 14, I fixed the ph with lemon juice today in the morning. We will see how it will be next two days.

One question for pros @Badger @dequilo @Shadey. Is it ok to put the ph drops in to the water and put the same water (with ph drops in it) into the plant? Or ph drops can coz something to them?

7 Likes

Yes that’s how it works, looking good :+1:

For some reason I stopped getting post notifications on your thread. I have noticed that on a couple of threads now.

3 Likes