My homemade bubble cloner

I’m actually more interested in the pythium. Was it too warm or something? what caused it?

3 Likes

I have never had that problem my self.

1 Like

All I had/have is the 12" stones and that worked decent but I may add a 2nd if I use it again. I still prefer using gel and powder to sprout in screened promix. Never any root problems with that and can use them in DWC too. Real dirt has caused me to get root rot when put into DWC tho. Must be all the bacteria in the soil portion.

:peace:

2 Likes

Yeah it was warm and I left them too long. I should have used them as soon as any roots got started.

2 Likes

hmm…I transplanted into a hempy bucket without knocking off all of the soil on the roots it started with some orange and yellowing leaves I have seen …I added some Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide to a gallon and flushed …seems to be recovering nicely…we will see.

1 Like

I’ve done about 50 DWC grows since 2001 and the only two I got root rot with were ones I had used clones that were rooted in a mix that included potting soil. Never had it when just soilless was used to root and never knocked off the media either. I did use to add 0.5ml/L of 35% peroxide twice a week to prevent rot until I built a DIY chiller out of an old water cooler. Never used peroxide after that for the last 15 tubs or so.

I can’t see why a little soil on the clone would cause orange and yellowing leaves. If it was infected roots the plant just looks like it’s dying of thirst as the rot wipes out the feeder roots and it can’t get nutes or water.

4 Likes

my take was it mimics not being able to take up nutrients because they are slime covered

1 Like

I have another question @Floyd. Your container has about and 140sq in surface area and mine is 300 as I couldn’t find smaller. Should I use more than 2-3.5" stones. I see larger on amazon. They only carry the long stones in bigger than the 3/4" round in the stores here.
This is were I am at.

5 Likes

Well the actual surface area that the cuttings are in, in mine is probably closer to 80 sq. inches. When I lift the lid though the whole underneath is wet. I just looked on Amazon and the stones I’m using they sell as 4" even though the actual stone area is 3.5". You may need more stones or don’t use the spots around the outer edge. You will have to try it and see. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

1 Like

I have a much smaller rig. I didn’t do this on purpose but I bought an air pump that has 4 outlets. It has been useful for getting total coverage because I can use as many or as few air stones as I feel are necessary. I usually use all of them just because but it would allow you to use more or less and space them out in a modular way.

All the best.

3 Likes

Thanks for help guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:seedling: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :wilted_flower: :seedling:

3 Likes

Just wanted to show you I have it working. I wouldn’t have tried without you @Floyd .

:seedling: :hibiscus: :sunflower: :blossom: :seedling:

6 Likes

Thats awesome! Happy cloning. :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

My question is why isn’t everyone using water cultures to clone their plants?

I would say it’s hard to lose a clone, you really have to try hard to finish one off.

9 Likes

That’s a good question. I’ve had 100% success with my cloner. And its so hassle free. :smiley:

3 Likes

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:question, You let the roots grow into the water or not?
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

If you let them go long enough they will end up in the water. Its not really a problem. I usually transplant them by the time they do.

5 Likes

When they grow, they grow fast…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thank You for all your help here and @floyd for letting me use your thread. :green_heart:

:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

3 Likes

Sorry Reagan Republican here ( I know I’m confused, but am loving weed while I figure it out). Anyway I love diy I made my aeroponic cloned with a pickle bucket from Fireman Suba (($3 food grade with lid, looking for better deal) so homemade imho is better than store bought (just had no soul). FYI I can afford store bought just dyi had a beauty that money can’t buy. There is an essence or soul or wtf that cant be reflected from my soul to whoever builds whatever. Can be close stink cigar

5 Likes