My place for preservation seed runs 2022-24

Looks like a shaker table.

3 Likes

For shacking seeds from the plant.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Mining for those gold nuggets.

2 Likes

I cut down and/or lost my last plants working on the Fall '21 & Fall '22 boxes. I worked on these three boxes (Spring '22 was included in the other)

The day after US T-day I will be drowsing seeds. I have been working on cleaning everything up from the last 3 seed runs I did. Two tents down three to go. A couple dozen pots washed. Cloth in my new washer (no washer or dryer for over a month).

Plastic pots and saucers by hand. The last time I put the saucers thru the dish washer they melted so need to buy more if I every take on 3 runs in a year :rofl:

I need to go thru and fix the auto water systems.

So, that is an update on where I am at. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

It’s nice to take a little break. Plan thing out. Reset. I can only grow 3 seasons and in the spring I am itching to get started again.

3 Likes

Oh man I feel this @G-paS ive got stacks of pots that need washing and have been dragging my feet like crazy

5 Likes

I started a new preservation project. When I was given some fussing on the Jillybean Regular run, I was gifted some of the real deal JIlly beans.

I will be documenting it here. I don’t have many of the photos from the start as the start was very ruff.

29 Likes

No worries just do what you gotta do.

2 Likes

I want do a small journal of the Jilly Bean run.
I received about a dozen original seeds from @Bobgrows. I really had a had time germinating. I tried several different methods to germinate.The seeds that did germ failed to thrive.

and ended up with only one male from all the seeds she gave me.

She then was able to source more and she germed them. The next morning when I went to put them in rooters/soil, many had jumped out of their shells.

The great news is we ended up with three females

18 Likes

AND so it begins…
I knew they would be tough, the first ones. I told you they are where older. Good thing we where able to get more.
Looking forward to the progress.

13 Likes

You are the best. Thank You so much. They started hard but sure are plugging along now.

12 Likes

I want to do a small journal here for the Fruit Cup just so I have records.

I started with two seeds from Sebring. Both cracked but only one made it.

The good news is it was sex tested female.

One failed to thrive.

I have kept this one as a Mom to take clones from in the veg/clone tent while the Jillybean Regular is doing it’s thing in the flower tent.

I moved her to a 5 gal pot before taking clones.

these are now in 3 gal being held in veg
I

20 Likes

You’ve been busy!

6 Likes

I am having trouble keeping the fruit cup back. The Jillybean Regular males are gone and destroyed now. I am not sure how long to wait before getting the fruit cup going 12/12

Reversed Jillybean males get a soaking.

The four clones are hopping to get flipped soon.

The Momma

19 Likes

The fruit Cup are really wanting to go.

I have the Jillybean Regular down to the 3 moms. Everything sprayed and washed down in the flower tent.

The original Jilly Bean are plugging along. I am hoping to get pollen from them to freeze. I will be checking in on these tomorrow to see if they are making seeds. I am very excited about these. I want to do the breeder proud. :green_heart: :seedling:

24 Likes

I looked in the window on the Jilly Bean originals today. The pollen is flying. I will cut the male down and bag him tomorrow. I hope to get pollen to freeze from these also.

I may try to reveg these Moms as I didn’t take clones due to space and the strain had male and females from seed. I hope to have seeds for the community after taking care of the breeder “T” and my lovely supplier @Bobgrows .

18 Likes

I was looking at the TGA Jilly Bean plants and found the first mature seed.

The jillybean regular still haven’t shown mature seeds. I have found immature seeds on those.

I have defoliated the Fruit Cup and started the reversal on the Mom and two clones.

14 Likes

On the original Jilly bean photo reg run I actually have a smell update which I never have, sinus/allergies :rofl:

Number four gave me a big whiff of Diesel today. I have heard this but never really smelled it. Today It smell like I left the can of Diesel sitting in the tent. when I tried the stem, nothing. Number three was a gassy/skunking smell and number two neutral.

I smell none of the citrus smell of veg. The three Jillybean original all three smell like number two of the original run. The structure is very similar also.

14 Likes

The first Subcool/TGA Jilly Bean is in the dry room (utility closet under stairs.)

15 Likes