My Vida Loca Bwuahahaha

So You put it in a (Grove bag) for example, and then let it dry out like that? Or a ziplock? I know the grove bags are somewhat permeable so it makes sense with those type of bags because it would let the moisture out right? How do they not get condensation on the inside of the bag that’s the question. Thank you for all the help I really appreciate it! @Emeraldgreen

2 Likes

Groves will make it much easier. Ziplocks are a bit trickier. You need to babysit them more.
Don’t put them in a bag until they feel dry.
Some bud holds more moisture inside than others, cookies for example, kush.
If it goes into the bag and you don’t watch it, it’s possible to get condensation on the inside of the bag.
Freezer is a friend

1 Like

So basically quick dry it dry to the touch then put in the Grove bags with a hygrometer and burp them daily right? Monitoring for moisture

2 Likes

Yes that’s it in a nutshell

2 Likes

Copy thank you so much I’m going to get some 1 gallon bag so that way I don’t have to try to smash them down into the one ounce size that I have.

2 Likes

With Grove Bags the moisture level going in is within 1 or 2 % of where it will STAY. The buds need to be right at 60% when they go in the bag.
Also remember to only fill them to ~75% capacity for an optimal cure.
You may want to look over the thread I started a while back.

There is a lot of great info on there about just how the bags work and how the manufacturer suggests using them.

4 Likes

Thanks @MoBilly :blush::heart:. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll be using the dehumidifier for however many days (hopefully less than 10) to achieve the proper dryness. I’ve spent too much time/money on this harvest of Soma seeds to let it go to ruin now. Same for the next tent of Soma seeds. Too late now baby.

The good news is I’m adjusting my spaces, turning the 2x4 that is adjacent into the dry tent and just keeping it as such and only flowering in the 4x4. Will save time/money in the long run, as well as make me slow down and learn better. I’m always so eager to do to the work, but at times patience and waiting are necessary. I think that’s now. And surely the PGE bill doesn’t protest either of this course.

Lessons are being learned, so it’s well worth the endeavor.

Thanks again friend! :blush::heart::dove::pray::latin_cross:

3 Likes

What clones are you leaning towards?

1 Like

Well, now the #4 is getting grown out, as the friend that they were destined to be delivered to for this season, he passed away this morning.

So, probably all at this point to give them a proper run @Emeraldgreen

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your friend passing. Love and support to you and the family

4 Likes

Thank you, been a rough day but the sun goes down around 6 and hopefully tomorrow won’t be a sad.

4 Likes

Make a list of happy memories with your friend is my suggestion

2 Likes

Lots of good times, he was a great guy. Good thinking, counting all the blessings and good days :heart: thanks for that

2 Likes

Sounds like a long list :grin: that’s awesome

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @nefrella :pray:

2 Likes

My thoughts are with you @nefrella .
:pray:t4:

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

Sending positive vibes your way, friend.

1 Like

Thanks guys, it was a tough day but tomorrow hopefully will be better!

Six is straight hours but I finally finished all of the trimming. So many viable seeds from that Soma lavender they were just popping out of the buds. A little bit more bud rot in some of the larger colas. In fact all of those Soma colas are so dense they’re the diameter of the top of a baseball bat and dense. All in all it was a good experience and I have the other set of Soma that’ll finish in 2 weeks for even more seeds. I am so excited that it worked and that I will have seeds to share with everybody because it’s such a fantastic strain. After handling all four of those phenomes tonight trimming them each one of them is remarkable in their own right and they all have a fruity smell very wonderful plants. The bud structure on three and five is similar four was the beast and two was the short indie and they were all just wonderful plants. You definitely will not regret growing them to be sure.

I was super upset as we all know my dramatic drying tent issue, well it finally came to a close today and I must say I cannot be happier with how it turned out. Now I have a dedicated dry tent and I had forgotten how much simpler it is to wet trim I think that might be my go-to from here on out.

9 Likes

My condolences for the loss of you friend Nefrella :pray: Life is too short.

You sure have grown some huge nuggs! Those SOMA buds look great and their smell sounds intoxicating :yum:, I am glad your dry tent worked out for you… it sucks losing buds you worked so hard to grow and maintain to mold. I keep my dehumidifier on constantly, set to 55% year round “just in case”. The price of electricity in Cali sucks, but I would still rather grow my own than buy cheaper weed in bulk… I love having a hobby, the plants provide me a zen space, and if it costs a little more than commercial grown (which is usually over dried, cut early, and either terpless or “terp fortified” :nauseated_face:), I am still happy that I am getting to smoke the best quality buds around without fear of added pesticides or contamination. I can’t wait to hear a smoke report

Happy Saturday, have a great weekend! :v:

4 Likes

Thanks @herojuana.tom :heart:

And yes, I truly enjoy having this as a hobby, it is peaceful.

In other news I thought I would check on the drying tent and I’m glad that I did because those buds are done. In fact I might have overdrive them down to about 49%, but whatever better than rotted. There was one of the other fruity pebbles that I ended up tossing because it had signs of mold on it but other than that all of the rest came out decently well.

Safe to say that once I clean these out there is going to be a lot of seeds. And this is from the unintentional seated crop lol. Can’t wait to see what the ones that I did on purpose to how many they got.

It is interesting to see the difference in the bud structure from the plants that were pollinated in week 5 versus the plants that were pollinated at the start of week 3 when the males started dropping pollen. It really does go to show that once the plant is seeded, it focuses all the energy on making the seed rather than the bud swelling up. I think like @Foreigner mentioned these might end up being hash and I might just have to go buy a little hash pipe lol. I don’t smoke anymore so I’m not sure how that would work couldn’t I just decarb the hash and make it into edibles? It always makes me wonder how to decarb something like that because once it starts going to the liquefaction stage it’s just like freak out time lol.

This last group of Soma is getting crunchy and I’m not understanding why because I’ve actually been reducing the amount of nutrients when I feed them, which is every time I water and that’s about every four to five days depending upon uptake. They’ve only got about 12 days left before I pulled him out The seeds are already stripey brown and a lot of the buds I am excited to see how many thousands there are lol.

Once I get everything sorted out I will put up a list so those that would like some of these seeds can have some. It is such an amazing strain I would hate for everybody to not get a chance to grow this amazing plant.

After having handled all of these different phenos again tonight as I was putting them away I am amazed at how truly fragrant these flowers are just incredible well worth the grow.

9 Likes