My Vida Loca Bwuahahaha

Definitely use that bud to make oil. Seeded bud is still great and Ive heard, like @alwaysnoob said it’s good for squishing.

I was just wondering the benefits, if you squeezed the oil from the seeds, over just the buds. I know the hempseed is nutritionally valuable.

Shiny is right! I imagine leaning in real close for a look and and seeing my reflection on all the trichome heads. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I like the way you think :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

Tonight I found out how dense that huge #4 was. Good news, suuuuuper dense massive cola.

Bad news, bud rot. And the plant is still massive.

With as wet as it’s been here in the Bay area in the last couple of months I’m not surprised but I caught it early and cut it off. I imagine if it had made it to harvest that top would’ve easily been a half or 3/4 oz. Ah well live and learn and added a fan. Yay summertime soon!

8 Likes

I see your tent and realize I’m completely overgrown :joy:

3 Likes

I have a whole bunch of seed shake and it will become bubble when I get around to it.

3 Likes

Wait, you have more in your tent then mine @Emeraldgreen ??? I, in my mold discovery panic moved 3 of those autos into my new closet are for the next 3 weeks till those others finish out. I do have 5 others that are soaking for the seed closet too :joy::rofl:, just after I’d told myself “enough plants already, this takes hours a week”. Well, no one likes a quitter :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:🫡:dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

The living room, now that’s another story lol. I don’t even bother to veg with a tent anymore. I wonder what the Amazon dude thinks of the smell that it just be, but now LOL I’m nose blind and can barely smell it.

8 Likes

You decide :joy:

7 Likes

Whoa, ok then! I didn’t do any canopy control. Wow, looks GREAT @Emeraldgreen !!!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: there is no canopy control! Just to many plants stuffed in there​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much picked the winning pheno from this first Lavender run, it’s #2. Even making seeds, the trichome output is amazing. It smells fruity, it’s very short compared to the other 3. I have 5 of the #4 clones that have just turned into monsters…I’m trying to get one of my friends to take them to grow outside this year, they would be such an amazing outdoor grow. Tall, nice node spacing, also amazing smell. #3 & #5 they’re like a half-size #4, but the flower structure is different for the main cola. They’re like a rounded dome.

I’ve had an extended veg time for all these now, and the smaller plants is what I’m looking for, so I’ll start working #2 eventually.

The seeds - oh. My. Word. Wow.

15 Likes

Getting there! Furthest along tent is week 9 other week 7. Seeds are starting to harden and brown up! :brown_heart:

13 Likes

Soma Lavender #2 I absolutely love. She’s a short Indy style girl and a faster finisher.

Very fruity smells, all phenos. I don’t dislike the others, but not my bag, very huge plant potential. Dialing back the nutes, which is good, learning how much is enough has proven to be just trial and error (diligence is key, as I usually guesstimate :joy::rofl:).

#2 in the younger tent. Everytime I look at this pheno it’s just amazing :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

The difference between the two tents is remarkable with the week 5 pollination event (furthest along tent) va the natural pollination starting at week 3. Now I get why you start the males earlier than the females. Week 5 seemed to me to be a sweet spot. Shrug, who knows maybe. Still the others are loaded with seeds, #4 is so odd, it’s like a bunch of little flowers all stuck together on one huge bid, so different.

#3 is also very fruity smelling and the cola is rounded, so weird. Same bud structure as #4.

This #5 is shockingly purple, but the other tent #5 is not, very odd. Same bud structure as #4,#3.

11 Likes

So for the first time I have been growing I am encountering the fact that I will have to use a dehumidifier in my grow tent in order to dry this crop of flowers or risk losing it to mold.

Here in the Bay area we have had humidity upwards of 60% and more often like today 90% for the past couple months. Evaluation time because of all the Bud Rot that I’ve had so far. It’s Way too expensive to run the dehumidifier for the entire house so hopeful that just running it in the tent with a wet trim and the buds on drying racks that it will be okay basically works out to be a month straight between the 2 tents of drying. Grateful that I have the dehumidifier just blown away that I actually have to use it lol. I took it out of the package for the first time after having owned it for almost 4 years a few weeks ago.

This really has given me an opportunity to think about how I’m growing because the cost versus just buying it at a dispensary I’m going to be able to evaluate from this run just based on the power usage and see if it’s even worth it for me. Truly the only reason I do this is because I enjoy the time I spend with the hobby but if the cost doesn’t outweigh it I’m going to seriously evaluate if I’m going to continue. Summertime in the bay is a much easier time to grow but I don’t know…

I am definitely now moving into the cloning element of this because I see how much more convenient it really is then starting over repeatedly from seeds.

10 Likes

We’re on the downhill before the weekend tent clean out and triming. I was upset for the fact that I was going to have to use the dehumidifier and I’m not thrilled about the extra cost but it’ll be worth it.

I was initually disappointed with the thought of having that main 4x4 tent down for a month for the drying but now that I think about it I’m grateful.

The Green point seeds that I have the larger plants in the living room and the Charlotte’s Angel I’m going to transplant and put into 5 gallon buckets I think before the weekend and then they’ve two weeks before I throw them into flower. I’ll likely let them veg (in tent) for a week maybe two before flipping them.

Still working on the nutrient adjustment and I’m finding that I’m going less and less and they are still doing just fine… Crazy that these folks that sell these nutrients tell you to use so much and it would just absolutely kill the plant.

Had to turn on my spare room closet for the shift between tents. Yeehaw. The Meph SNxL is also just finishing off her last water before the chop this weekend.

Front Left is the Charlotte’s Angel, 4 are the Greenpoint plants. Back Right is the Gorilla Punch, and wow she’s going to be a monster. There’s a Fleur De Grease (NY Seeds) in there as well. She struggled from the start and topped herself. So odd.

The seeds are quite literally popping out of the Soma tent (1 of 2). She will finish up on Saturday at day 72 from 12/12 flip.

Soma 2 of 2 will be pulled in a couple weeks on day 71. I trimmed these hairy beast last night and between just the Soma 2 and 4 FPOg, was almost 3 hours. Lol, I’m ready for a break. And really it was quite a thing, Soma #3 (far R front) has the most intoxicating smell I’ve ever had the pleasure of while growing weed. She’s intoxicating, fruity, and smells like a delicious bowl of your favorite sugar cereal. Perhaps there’s more to this than just structure (pointing to Soma 2). Was a wonderful discovery, glad I kept one of each for further review.

9 Likes

Looking great. If you take the buds off the stalk you should be able to dry it down to a sweat point in about 3 days

2 Likes

I guess depending on how much your smoking will dictate the cost difference. I know with falling weed prices it wasn’t worth running my 28x32 room 10 lights , c02 , dehumidifier and chemicals .

When a lb of decent weed could be had for 700.00 bucks .

4 Likes

Exactly @ShiskaberrySavior and I am the point now where I sat down and I’ve evaluated All the energy usage and I’m going to be making changes after these two big tents finish up.

Since I won’t be buying any new equipment anytime soon the viable options are presenting. I’ve just come to the point now where yeah you are correct, The prices of weed have come down so much in the dispensary I’m looking at whether or not it’s worth it for me to run as much as I am running now for all the extra work that it is and the return on the investment.

Sure I really like being able to pick what I use for my oil but at some point it’s just throwing good money after bad?

And all of this energy consumption is on top of just the daily stuff which is averaging around 15 kilowatt hours a day. Would top out at 49/50-kwh/day at harvest of the 4x4.

Looking at the math, this just seems insane for how not super great I am at this hobby yet.

Maybe I go down to just the 4x4 and living room veg, might be way easier to improve and save money.

Sadly, math doesn’t lie, and neither do my mediocre results :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

@Emeraldgreen I had planned to wet trim and hang in the tent. After the 3 days, then what do I do? The RH here is almost swimming …more rain today :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Take it off the stem which acts like a big water reservoir. You get it dry really fast this way. When it gets to point that it’s dry, put it in a plastic bag. It’ll let you slow down the final part of the drying. The plastic will let moisture from inside the bud come out.
Bonus is that you can just put it in the freezer if you don’t have time to keep an eye on it. It’s like a pause button

2 Likes

So You put it in a (Grove bag) for example, and then let it dry out like that? Or a ziplock? I know the grove bags are somewhat permeable so it makes sense with those type of bags because it would let the moisture out right? How do they not get condensation on the inside of the bag that’s the question. Thank you for all the help I really appreciate it! @Emeraldgreen

2 Likes