Nature Farm Guy teaches how to callous clones

I must say I am a bit puzzled here.
I always use pool shock in my cloner and my cuts do not typically callus over all the time.
Is there more to this story than just chlorine?
Any real-world results doing this?

2 Likes

Check out slownickel on IG his stuff is legendary! He goes into depth much more on alot of subjects I’ve been following him for years and learned TONS .

5 Likes

LOL exactly Slownickel is the actual expert on this callus tech. A lot of people running around trying to teach people about science that they don’t even fully understand themselves. Slownickel has perfected this method and a lot of other methods that people tend to mimic and try to repeat without the valuable information of “how” or “why” .

This callusing has absolutely nothing to do with the pool shock. Keeping clones sterile is a protocol trickle down from TC. Not allowing pathogens to enter is what prevents dudding in most cases. The callus healing over stops that from happening but you need to keep things sterile while it heals That is why you use a strong surfactant such as H202 or bleach (pool shock) at 2mL/Gal it keeps everything sterile and doesn’t brown off the stem while the plant is trying to heal itself with a callus. There are 2 hormones responsible for cloning 1 is for shooting roots while the other is for forming callus typically these are both found in SOME rooting gels /powders but not all. Clonex was used for the longest but lacks the secondary hormone to push calluses. If you are getting calluses with clonex it is more than Likely you presoaked your cubes with a nutrient solution. With this being said go follow slownickel on IG he’s constantly giving driving lessons

6 Likes

I did check out slow, but never saw the proper info about how to get the cuts to callus over.

What is the secondary hormone you speak of?

I was asking for real world results, I do understand the concept very well.
I just think some info is missing from the formula.
Does anyone have the missing info?

4 Likes

This is what I thought right away too. Does this apply to cloning in substrate, like coco/peat pellets, rw cubes, etc.? You can’t see the cut…

Anybody know where I can get the right pool shock (calcium hypochlorite) in canada? The stuff people use for hydroponics. I found maybe one or two options on amazon.ca, but they’re more expensive (because amazon). And can. tire shows an hth product, just duno if it’s the right one. I don’t want any unwanted extra ingredients.

Edit: What am I looking for on the label, or in the ingredients? And what do I look to avoid?

Which is the correct HTH product (there’s a couple different looking colored bags)?
Is this Azur product right, looks like it maybe is: https://www.azurpool.ca/en/pool-sanitizer/ scroll down to unstabilized shock treatment. Another link: https://www.rona.ca/en/product/azur-450-g-70-ultra-shock-treatment-granules-06-tc45070-37425144

Or these HTH products:
HTH Super https://canadapoolwarehouse.com/product/hth-super-sock-it-shock-treatment-multi-value-packs/?attribute_pa_packs=1-pack
HTH Extra https://canadapoolwarehouse.com/product/hth-extra-super-shock-454g/

?

@Mr.Sparkle maybe?

1 Like

Picked up a faded old 450g bag of the “Azur Pool Ultra Shock 70%”. They managed to find a dusty old package of it at a local store, it still tastes pretty good to me though. Just kidding.
Anyways, I’m having a super hard time getting hold of the manufacturer, or finding an msds that I can actually match to this product.

when i was using it it was the HTH sock it stuff in the 454g bag, its label stated it was composed of 65% calcium hyprochlorite, and the other percentage from some SDS online was epsom salt as the rest of the fill essentially.

2 Likes

Thank you for chiming in!
I’m watching a list of videos right now trying to get some information and such (some about using it to make bleach, or disinfect water, but anyways), one video said to not get the “super” stuff, as it can usuall contain other things like “algicide” in it. This is a video where he’s showing how to use it to disinfect water.

Is this one you got?:

Or this one?:

Or something else?

Thank you.

there the same from my recollection its just they updated there packaging and now look like the latter, and i have gotten both in the past, the algecide stuff dont quote me is maybe the American stuff, but they also have a different version in lower % of calcium hyprochlorite.

Another thing to consider is calcium chloride as an option, as an example thats whats used in athena fade product, the former being more “bleach” chlorine oriented with the later having more calcium, which can be used in substitution for say calcium nitrate when running stuff out and still wanting to keep calcium up

1 Like

A rep at HTH said that the one in the first picture and the one in the second picture differ in concentration/strength of calcium hypochlorite. Which one did you most recently get, or still have on hand? Haha.

I can agree he replies I talked to him for a few hours. :slight_smile: he’s a cool dude and I respect him for that

Well i had both those packaging at different points but they were both 65% concentration of calcium hyprochlorite, saying that again the USA products differ in there concentrations and there could be some confusion there as i know they had a regular and a super that differed to what we have in Canada as i was tracking down the sds specifically a couple times and kept getting the lower concentration American versions. Also there is an Extra Super shock that i think is a canadain version but ive personally never seen it

Like if you walked into CND tire even though they picture the above version im pretty sure its the second version your gonna see on the shelf, been awhile but again ive gotten both versions of the packaging but the listed concentration remain the same on both.

1 Like

Is his information/methodology written provided anywhere other than instagram. I’m not an instagram user, but I just looked around there and it’s a pretty poor platform to use to go through and look for information. Does he have an official website, or a thread on a forum somewhere?

3 Likes