Need help for new Grow ! ( when that time comes )

Hey man, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it🤠 I fucked it up horrendously lol

1 Like

So I went back and looked at your plant and it looks like genetics to me. I don’t think it’s a nutrient issue.

1 Like

Ok, so thats the third or fourth time ive been told this, so Safely, it can be said its for SURE the genetics <3

1 Like

Yeah man and as far as the taking forever to water thing, it’s in full flower and requires a lot of water so the plant will drink it faster. If soil gets too dry on top it’ll become hydrophobic and just kinda bead around on the top layer for a while. I do add chunky perlite to any soil I use just to have that extra drainage but then you gotta water even more often. Using Jacks, it would benefit from more aeration for sure, tho

1 Like

mm, jus curious. Does 89 oz of water anywhere from daily to every couple of days as needed sound like too little? or too much?

It is a 3 gallon fabric pot. that or 5. i cant remember which size it was lol.

Iv’e been using the same soil and adding bags worm casting, epsom salts, dry kelp, micronized sulphur and blocks of coir and perlite to keep it airy. I’ve used the same soil so many times for so long at this point (years) It handles salts really well. I grow six foot tall plants of huge buds if the genetics and temps are right. It seems everyone finds something a little different that works for them.

2 Likes

@Magu @GrowTheAtlas @GrouchyOldMan @Andrexl

Guys , My plant is 100 percent experiencing Nitrogen Toxicity ( would explain the stunted growth and the color of leaves and the leave tips curling down )

, To fix this, or mitigate the damage as much as possible , I should flush ASAP right? ( tomorrow morning when lights come on )

1 Like

It seems like It has N heavy but not toxicity over there.I m not seeing any clawing either

1 Like

Ok fair point maybe its not toxic but its showing signs of it IMO.

I know genetics could be fair play on why shes not ‘’ thicc ‘’

But really the whole grow she shot off HELLA hairs, but for the absolute longest it just did not seem like the calyxes wanted to fill.

Even now. I have a small tester piece sitting in a terploc bag , I tried a vaped bowl of it the other day and really enjoyed the effects so all is not lost <3 ( oh I forgot why I mentioned the piece… its veryyy airy, its almost like theirs no bud at all LOL , but it was a lower piece so I aint saying this is from N toxicity )

I cannot tell you how excited I am to trim that main cola :eyes: , since it is ‘’ thicc ‘’ ;p

I claim she is toxic because the clawing is happening ( its not every leaf but the tips do point down on alot ) and shes shown stunted growth for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Hhhmmmm. :thinking: I would maybe hang loose for a few days. See what happens. Things change slowly in dirt. Usually, when I make a “snap” descision “ is when I screw myself. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I already made a snap decision ( upped nutes and quickly realized that is not the issue after doing some random reading on reddit )

So for here on with all my plants I think I may just do the 2-1-6 blend to keep nitrogen on the lower side, hopefully getting the girlies flushed out some.

At the end of the day , Im just happy to be the Care taker of 5 rather healthy plants :stuck_out_tongue: .

I am learning soooo much this grow, that my next grow might be one of those breakthroughs in my grow journey :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Surely it looks dark green,It Is of course N heav but not toxic,could be this + genetic and P or K absorption rate suffered a Little.
Best thing to do Is give a lighter Nutrient solution in between water only feedings and waiting.
From what I understand you re finishing the flowering stage,so any change now Will take 1 week to show at least in soil.
Also,flushing in soil I did It when was using soil and It helped releasing nutrients for sure,I had hot soil.
Instead you could Just run some water and have some run off,It Will lightly delete the nutrients while the plant used them.
Again if you are in late flowering this Will not help a lot since soil is slow
For reference,this Is perfect leaf colour

2 Likes

Sound advice man thank you, I am late flower for sure.

Oh wow yeah mine are wayyyyyy darker. The only one that looks relatively close to your color is the far back left Syrian V

2 Likes

You re doing a Great job.
I would only suggest you to change your soil mix.
For now,give It only water and a Little molasses if u have some

2 Likes

ahhhhhhhhhh the soils done so much justice for meh though, The legit only issue I can think of it aside from drainage kinda sucking ( not too worried about that because fabric pots ;p )

The soil is easily too hot for autoflowers imo, especially if I feed. BUT, I think its perfectly fine for photos.

My syrian vs were in solo cups, and I transplanted them on day 9 and they exploded like volcano in that soil :stuck_out_tongue: And thats WITH me feeding a teaspoon of jacks every other day ( which slowly built up the N heaviness )

Im bringing up a freakshow in a solo using this soil right now, so I will keep an eye on how it does for seedlings <3

I think an ideal blend would maybe be a blend of the two + extra perlite .

For sure open to any suggestions on how to blend it up. Im not opposed to other soil options… but U really cannot beat Costcos prices ;-; 8.99 for a bag that huge is awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like