Need to know some particulars on fox farm nutes

I’ll run with that recommendation folks. I’ll make a run in the AM… right after coffee and wake & bake!!

1 more question can ya recommend a reliable, relatively easy and economic nutrients to use. I’m not too impressed with the FF Trio.

Thanks again folks it is much appreciated
:v:t2:

If I could buy it easy enough in Canada Jacks is what I’d run .I’m a 12 jug general hydro junkie and when there gone a 2/3 part is what I’m going to be looking at finding salts I think are the answer tired of liquid ferts .

1 Like

I have a couple of question for you… if you dont mind me asking them?

What was the approximate NPK of the nutes you used to grow your plants thus far? Any micronutrients included or added?

Do you water every day or water and feed every day?

Do you water until you get runoff coming out the bottom of the pot? How much runoff?

I’m not disagreeing with anyone about the cal/mag suggestions… both are macro nutrients needed in large quantities by cannabis plants… especially during their transition from veg to flowering.

Along with dosing with cal/mag, try mixing a tablespoon of Epsom salts into a gallon of water and give them a nice drink, on an alternate feeding, to supply them with some much needed sulfur and highly soluble magnesium. Epsom salt is highly soluble in water and may be used as a foliar spray. There’s approximately 10% magnesium and 13% sulfur in Epsom salts.

3 Likes

What I was using up to this grow turn.
Orgagrow Holland.
Root power: npk= 7-0-0 (no micro nutes)
Healthy growth: npk= 4-0-0 (CaO 3.5%, MgO 1.5%)
Abundant flower: npk= 1-5-4
Phosphorus Pentoxide 4.8%
Potassium oxide 4.0%
Sulfur trioxide 2.1%. (Micro nutes include: boron,copper,manganese,molybdenum,zinc. )

1 Like

They sure do. Some plants have no feelings some plants are very fickle. I have a shishkaberry right now and if everything isn’t perfect she lets me know immediately

3 Likes

The reason I asked those questions is this. I’ve had similar circumstances in past grows that had plants in them that acted similar to the plant in your pics.

The questions I asked specifically correlate to salt buildup in the medium… salt buildup, as most know, is a cause of nutrient lockout. A good flush may be in order! It will remove any built up salts/other spent impurities from your medium and allow your plant to perk up and start actively growing again.

Could you just have a finicky plant? Absolutely.
Not all plants use the same amount of nutrients or use the same amount of water to sustain growth, even within the same genetic line. Just as people tend to be picky… plants do too.

However, you previously stated that this issue came about suddenly and is just now affecting the plant.
That pretty much tells me it’s not because it’s a picky plant, otherwise, I think you would have dealt with this plant issue before it grew so large.

I’m still leaning towards nutrient toxicity, due to your daily feedings, as the cause of this issue. Daily waterings seems excessive to me. Giving the plant a flush with properly pH’d water won’t harm the plant in any way, but will allow the medium to release the toxins it is holding, in and around, the plants rhizosphere relieving the plant of the stress it’s experiencing and allowing it to start again.

After the flush, you’ll have to start feeding the plant. Flushing voided the medium of its nutrients along with its impurities. Flushing myco inoculated medium too many times may remove the myco from the medium and may need to be reinoculated afterwards.

Good luck to you brother. Looking forward to seeing this issue remedied quickly.

2 Likes

I do appreciate the info. Mine seem to be a combo of things that started with Fox Farm, there was no C2O nor MgO. Had just enough of the OrgaGrow veg nutes to mix a gallon. Gave em a medium feed. One has turned 180. One is trying and the worst one (Sativa) is gonna take a few days. So the cal mag is one issue, then H2O wasn’t far off but enough to piss off the Tangie. On top of everything it shot the soil Ph to the moon.

Hey folks. Just a brief one to say Thanks to @DesertGrown @Foreigner @DatDamDog @ShiskaberrySavior and @MichiGreen for y’all’s input.
I’ve solved the issues all the way from Proper Nutrition all the way to horrible pH in the water supply. Hopefully I can quit hemorrhaging $$$. Seems the worst problems were #1 my water supply went from a 6.6 or so pH to 8.5 apparently in a 7 - 10 day span, trashed the analog pH meter “an inaccurate turd”. Found DutchPro nutrients and last but not least the girls are back to fine form. Thanks again y’all

5 Likes

Water with a pH of 6.0 to 8.5 is considered the safest drinking water for humans because it is not acidic nor alkaline. It’s also how municipalities keep their public water… water within this pH won’t corrode their pipes or their water storage tanks.

The pH of the public water where I live is at least 7.8 and I use it to grow everything, including cannabis. Everything in my yard gets watered with it, be it in the ground or a container, and I’ve never had any pH problems because of it.

Soils have a buffering capacity, which means that the soil is resistant to pH changes. Hydrogen ions in the soil maintain equilibrium and resist pH increases.

1 Like

Could not agree more! I have not PH’d water in 5 years or so, do not even know(nor care) what my tap water PH or PPM is! Soil will buffer just fine when you use good nutes and a proper draining soil.

3 Likes

I understand a soil will help buffer down the pH but I’m growing in coco. The coco don’t seem to buffer as well Nevertheless I had a couple-three things go sideways in succession the sent the girls into a tail spin. The good thing is that all are back into growth mode.

2 Likes

What’s your run-off pH look like?

I don’t generally get a lot of run off what I did get was 7.2 and can’t be certain it was a good sample. I’ve got my nutrients at 5.1.

1 Like

If you’re inputting 5.1 pH nutrients and getting 7.2 runoff you can be certain the media is too alkaline. Flush with more acidic solution and see if that helps. You’re gonna need things close to 6.0 in coco/promix. Runoff should never exceed 6.5.

I can’t tell from the blurple LED pictures but brown spots/burn-holes on the leaves is a sure sign of high pH issues.

Something to verify; The ppm is important, from first hand experience when i added too much nutrients in the past and the effect of “densifying” the plant, which broke out into vigorous growth when ppm lowered. Check the root colour first and it will rule out overwatering. It reminds me of that because the top leaves looked similar where curled, smaller and dense. Also if there is any burns from nutrients then that is the answer.

Sorry I should have clarified the run off I got a test of was before I started running DutchPro nutes. Currently the soil meter is telling me I’m running at about 6.0 give or take (analog meter).

1 Like

Still a few leaves with some fading. I’ve removed the foliage that was dead or dying. This is current

2 Likes

Hard to say with this pic. Some leaves look splotchy some look like they are yellowing from the node to the leaf tip and some the other way round.

Here’s the girls after 3 weeks of some frustratingly intense recovery

I’m pretty certain it was a multi-leveled series of issues that my dumb-ass brought on. These follies probably kicked it off by not realizing the tent temp was falling critically overbite. When I checked the bag temp it was at about 55 degrees. Then there was the gambit of pH, nutrient lock out, and the RIGHT nutrients for the grow medium. So for the folks who added to my knowledge base thanks again.

8 Likes

They are looking a lot better now man :thumbsup:

3 Likes