Neptune Harvest during veg

A buddy gave me some Neptunes Harvest fish fertilizer that is 2-4-1. I have two clones about two weeks in, just about to top. He swears to just add the fish fertilizer but I’m concerned it is more for flowering than vegging. I do want to use it for the organic and other added proteins, but not sure if I should find a different product for veg since the N is lower. Anyone have insight?

3 Likes

A 2-4-1 NPK is more for veg, yes. And fish fertilizer is pretty good as well! I wouldn’t hesitate to use it, start with 1/2 dose.

4 Likes

I used it all the time, start slow, and if you want to up the N, blended with Alaskan fish to balance. Only increase by 1/4-1/2 dose at a time though. If you mix different liquid fertilizers, Add the fert to the total volume of water and mix well, one at a time. Don’t just put in the different concentrates into the jug and add water, some times there will be reactions or precipitation of the nutrients or chemicals

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the input, really helpful! I ended up watering three clones. I added 1 tsp to half a gallon (bottle said 1 tbsp to 1 gallon). Each ended up taking a cup each because I didn’t want them to be sitting in the solution. Will see how it goes and update!

4 Likes

You’ll see a difference. I bought some to use for making AACT. I had some clones start to yellow on me, so I mixed up a gallon because that was all I had with N in it. They were noticeably healthier the next day, so I started using it regularly. I use 2tsp per gallon, and the plants seem to like it a lot.

There’s a KNF recipe for making your own Fermented Fish nutes. If I can find enough fish scraps, I’m gonna try it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you use it into flowering as well? I’m glad I did not use the recommended amount on the bottle! I tend to err on the side of caution with fertilizers.

1 Like

That’s what I use to use. I had a combo going with Alaskan fish, Neptune, and a kelp extract. The kelp was basically just K, I used one or a combo depending what stage they’re at.

1 Like