Nevil passes and the seed drops start!

This is great info and would love to try and breed with any of these. I have a NL1 and an NL 2. I also have another NL on the way.

I have a very good friend who got an NL from around the Chico/Paradise area in 1984. He has been growing it since then and never shared it nor told anyone he even grew until a few months ago! I have yet to see anything NL quite that old that I know is authentic. What I cannot say is WHICH NL it is until I get it.

10 Likes

Damn, now thatā€™s honorable. And how do we procure some of these NL from ya? PM?

2 Likes

Nope only 3 ladies unfortunately

3 Likes

@Mongobongo isnt that fucking brutal? $50 bones for shipping.
I was eyeballinā€™ Melā€™s Durbans this spring. Right up until I caught the price for out of USA shipping, which indeed was $50 USD for me in Canada.
So, Id be looking at $65+ CAD funds just for shipping. It turned me right off on purchasing thru their website.

4 Likes

My old Frisbee and double-album cover of Cheap Trick - Live at Budokan will both attest to the regularity of seeds in old lids and the necessity to sort them out.

7 Likes

Cheap Trick, yeah, that was a good album cover to use for sorting stems and seeds on. I used Leon Russel and Eric Clapton albums myself. But a friend that was in Nam sent me a nice teak rolling tray and I never went back to album covers.

5 Likes

Cannabis seed legality is an interesting topicā€¦ for lawyers. My lawyer thinks it just needs to be tested in the courts. In most legal mj states, there are limits to the number of mj seeds that you can have. In Oregon its 10 for anyone and 50 for card holders (last I looked). Cannabis laws have changed here so much I cannot keep up. It varies from state to state.

Also there is the case of Idaho. In Idaho, #any# measurable amount of THC and it is considered marijuana (a narcotic) and not hemp. Even with federal standards saying that hemp is anything less than 0.3%. Meaning all cannabis is marijuana in Idaho. I lost track of the cases where Oregon drivers were busted in Idaho for transporting hemp to Colorado from Oregon for processing. They were indicted for transporting massive amounts of marijuana there.

Also in Oregon at least you need a license to legally grow hemp (more than the 4 plant limit, it counts as mj for that) and to sell any hemp seed. It varies from state to state. Now that said, I do not know of anyone on the west coast that has been busted for possession of cannabis seeds. Hell, you can buy them at Discount Grocery by the kilo as food. Those are sterile seeds, but they look the same.

4 Likes

Just from the time I spent working in a criminal courtroom and living with a defense attorney for 12 years, what I remember is this: In Maricopa Co. the guilty pleas always specify that the illegal substance has to be a ā€œusableā€ amount. I never saw in my court or heard of anyone else say that in their court, someone was prosecuted for seeds in 5 years or the 20 years since I left. All my friends knew I smoked weed all the time. I have smoked marijuana in a courtroom where people went to jail for smoking marijuana. I also got a bunch of bjā€™s all over the courthouse, but thatā€™s a different story. Anyhoo, I believe that now the standard of 0.3% THC has been set, that means the cannabis plant doesnā€™t become illegal until it crosses that threshold. That means that I should be able to plant any number of seeds and have them grow up to the point that 0.3 % has been crossed. Before, that point I should be able to eliminate unwanted plants to reach my own legally permissible number. Letā€™s say I can grow 20 medical marijuana plants, well they donā€™t actually become medical marijuana until the THC is there. I want to select 20 females from 100 plants, I can do that because those plants wonā€™t develop the THC in a usable amount until flowering. If the male plant isnā€™t producing THC in a usable amount or form, they should not count either. The only plants that should count towards what you can legally grow are those that produce a usable amount of THC, the other plants are just, plants.

8 Likes

There is still the interstate trafficking, which would fall under Fed law. The USPS Regs, I can promise ya that itā€™s breaking a Fed law somewhere.
Then the townships, communities on the state level who forbid any type of POT, regardless of the Fed or State law.

Old School Breeders Associatation has a warning for U.S customers at the bottom of their adā€™sā€¦Thereā€™s a few more but I donā€™t remember nowā€¦
Not trying to start anything! Just saying is all!

But donā€™t you think itā€™s interesting that no well known breeder will come out and give ya the real story.
Lmao, itā€™s not like they donā€™t know! They all have attorneys and they know what they are doingā€¦

Used to live with lawyers, when I supposed to be in class. One was a ADA and she was the biggest piece of shit Iā€™ve ever met.
She brought home a evidence bag of some swag one day. Called me back to see if I could get into the bag without tearing it!

I said Hummmā€¦Fuck No! Then she goes to work and prosecutes the guy! :triumph:

3 Likes

Been hearing of some that are getting thier seed packs from the UK opened by US customs and the seeds removed, and the packages delivered empty with a note about contraband being removed.

9 Likes

Shit I hope not. Iā€™m waiting on some mr nice

2 Likes

Thats brutal. So far havenā€™t had it happen but Iā€™d be pissed if it did

1 Like

Over the years, Iā€™ve had TWO large (+$300 and +$500) Orders confiscated by Customs/NY. Package opened, seeds removed, note inside, sent on itā€™s way. Both times, quoted Notice of Seizure to Seedsman. BOTH times, they reshipped in a more stealthy manner. Items arrived untouched. Iā€™m sweating a shipment from mrnice.nl. Weā€™ll see. ALL, do stay safe/be well.

10 Likes

What cha get

2 Likes

Last 2 years have been rough for me. I donā€™t order from UK banks much anymore.

9 Likes

I had problems with Sannies seeds getting to me. I got empty mail two times in a row with the customs green tape. He sent it a third time and it made it but that was more stress and attention than I want. The only other place took three months and they sold my original order and sent me stuff I didnā€™t ask for. Gonna stay in the US if I buy again.

Those unsolicited seed packages from China brought more attention to the mail also. And, our postal service is in disarray atm so times arenā€™t optimal for mail. I saw an article and photo of a postal contractor dumping a load of mail in a parking lot and he drove away and left it.

Iā€™m noticing Iā€™m not getting mail like normal. Something is weird.

10 Likes

Same here on the Sannieā€™s. All of my packages Iā€™ve ever had seized (over 5) have all been from there. I tried seeing if he could change the way the mail looks but it was always sent the same way in those weird envelopes. That place definitely went downhill over the years in my opinion Iā€™m glad I was able to get some stuff before I gave up. I appreciate the resends but not worth the risk to me.

6 Likes

Did you all use the stealth shipping or the original breeders packaging. Iā€™m just curious Iā€™ve had good luck in the past but itā€™s been a long time back before dynasty started charging higher price.

Well seeds donā€™t include any thc unless like someone they havenā€™t been cleaned. I lots happened over in states over last ten years. Remember Rez dawg arrested for importing cannabis seeds into USA . Gypsey nirvana was arrested in the Philippines by us authorities think it was connected to Rez dawg. And I think because it was eastern states. And the western states were more tolerant at time.
But if we go way back Neville I think visited Australia around 1991 I think? He was arrested and spent sometime fighting extradition to the us. They arrested him there as the Netherlands had refused extradition. He did claim to have been presented with a file on him allegedly composed by a certain David Watson aka Sam selezney. Neville sold the seed bank to Ben dronkers so he could fight the case and spent many years not being able to leave Australia ether because of fear of arrest or bail conditions. So even though seeds do not contain thc the us government still used its might to make life hell. Whether they made any successful prosecutions Iā€™m unsure? May have just have been cases of we will tie you up into so much legal frameworks that you will spend all your time and money fighting cases and no time for buisiness ?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy, but I have ordered seeds that arrived with their seed casings still on them, but I canā€™t imagine you could even get a 1/200th of a bong hit off of that, so you would have to order thousands of seeds just to get enough seed casings to smoke them to catch one buzz. I think that you could fight that if you had a good enough lawyer, but maybe the courts wouldnt have been as lenient 20 years ago as they might be today

3 Likes