Nevil passes and the seed drops start!

But in a courtroom, there would only be seeds as evidence. The seeds themselves do not have any THC. And they would have to be grown to maturity to prove that they are mj rather than hemp. So…

As I said, this topic is food for lawyers. And as you say, the law is pretty toothless if it is not enforced. I do know that they will intercept seed packs sent from outside the US in the mail. I know a few people that have ordered beans from Europe and when the packages arrived, they were empty with a note from customs that contraband had been removed. No courtroom drama, just confiscation.

7 Likes

Things have changed tremendously from the Twins coming down to now.
Yes they confiscated yes they thru you in jail.

1 Like

Yes, I agree completely. It would be too expensive to grow out confiscated seed to show it’s illicit. They could potentially try to use a THCAS synthase allele test to show they are high-THC cultivar seed, if they can get a court to accept that.

As a seed buyer, I wouldn’t worry about it at all. But they may take that effort for a seller/distributor. Yes, hemp seed is legal, but there is a history of going after seed banks in the past (RC, Gypsy Nirvana, Marc Emory), and a small grow wouldn’t be that much effort to take down a large persona/seed business. Nowadays I see the seed banks acting like the market is officially laissez-faire, open-to-operate, no-worries, and of that I am skeptical.

3 Likes

Depends how hard up they are funding so don’t say never, its a long ass time.

This is true. Mj seed companies here in the states seem to be running wide open and uncaring. Though it is still somewhat underground. Unless it is for in-state sales from legit licensed growers that are also seed (and clone) producers, in which case it is legal to sell seeds in state, like weed is legal at the state level, but not legal at the federal level. Same same… though “they” can easily test mj, but not seeds for THC content. Should someone want to bust you for it. Not likely in the western states, outside of Idaho and Wyoming.

On the hemp side of the cannabis fence, in Oregon you need a special seed producing license to produce and sell hemp seeds. And 99% of hemp seed is feminized here in Oregon, so it is a different process and has completely different legal ramifications. Unlike mj seeds, hemp seeds can be transported across state lines, though you need a permit for that as well. And some states like Idaho still consider hemp as marijuana if it is has ANY trace amounts of THC, which pretty much all hemp has. Even 0.01%. Other states like Oregon and California have passed laws making interstate transport (export and import) of weed legal, but it is still not legal at the federal level. People take weed across state lines all the time, from OR to WA, CA or NV where it is legal. I am sure that people take it into Idaho as well. But the laws remain though in Idaho for any Cannabis products and they will throw you in jail there for any possession of what they even think is Cannabis.

And until very recently it was the same laissez-faire growing and selling seeds in Spain. However they just busted the huge trinity of seed companies in Spain under Pot Sistemak: Humboldt Seed Org, DinaFem and LaMota. In Spain it is illegal to make a profit on Cannabis. Also at several of the grow sites of these seed companies in Spain they were stealing electricity to grow with.

As for how it pans out here? Biden has made it his political career to come down hard on drugs, including marijuana. So has his Veep to be when she was the head prosecutor in SF.

4 Likes

Interesting, I don’t know what Pot Sistemak is. Do they own Dinafem, HSO, and La Mota, or are the licensed to sell their seed in Spain? I thought they were independant companies. Although I have never been clear on how or where HSO operates.

1 Like

I’m not buying that Biden is anti pot. No way. The Democrat house recently passed a law taking cannabis/THC off of the official Schedule 1 Narcotic list.

It likely has no path to passing unless the dems win both Georgia Senate seats. Otherwise, they’re for getting off of the Federal Schedule 1 list.

Trump and Barr were on record saying they wanted to screw with MJ companies since they didn’t agree with states handling it on their on. They were dead set against the movement.

On a lighter note, here’s a pic of the ON Haze made recently by @ToddMcC at around day 85. She smells beautiful and is doing better than any other plant I had going the last few months. It resisted PM and insects while plants next to her had issues. peace

18 Likes

I’m in contact with someone that actually worked with Nevil at the Cannabis Castle while The SeedBank of Holland was running, and he’s calling BS on that story.

1 Like

Here you go , the words straight from nevil himself

|would have been about ’95, but I’m terrible with dates, but I was working at the Castle for Ben and they came to see me. They wanted to enlist my help in delineating the ancestries of the strains that I had put out. Ben still wasn’t selling anything that I hadn’t made (to the best of my knowledge). I found this to be a remarkable request for a number of reasons. I asked them why? What followed rocked my world. They told me that they were cooperating with the Australian Federal Police, who wanted to establish links between growing operation in Australia using genetic fingerprinting and the information I was to provide. This would lead to longer prison sentences. I’d recently done 11 months in maximum security remand in Australia and alarm bells are going off in my head like crazy. But I can be cool under pressure and decided to draw them out. They knew I had children in Australia and couldn’t go and see them. The suggestion was raised that cooperating might help my chances to be able to go back. They thought they had me. I said that I needed time to consider this proposal and needed some kind of documentary proof that they were genuine. No problem, I was told. On a later visit I was provided with documents from the Australian Federal Police demonstrating that this and much more was indeed the case. I said that I wished to show these documents to a legal adviser before making any decisions and was given their permission to do so. I went to Mario Lap, who used to work for the N.I.A.D. (Dutch institute for alcohol and drugs) and was an adviser to the Dutch Labor Party on cannabis affairs. He has a good paralegal mind and is well acquainted with law as it relates to cannabis. He was horrified as to the implications of those documents and didn’t particularly like American spooks operating in his back yard. He made further inquiries with the various Dutch ministries as to who these people were and who they were connected with and how they got their permits for Hortapharm. Mario is on record as to what he concluded and how that lead to their losing the Hortapharm license, My repeating it would only be hearsay. He may still have the original documents. Some time later when Hortapharm had lost their license and the Dutch law had been changed and seed breeding was illegal in Holland, we were all fairly bitter. Sam wanted a showdown which Arjan ended up organizing. Sam, Rob, Arjan and I met in a coffee shop. I don’t think Scott [Shantibaba] was there. They accused me of bringing down Hortapharm and I accused them of destroying the Dutch scene in order to get a monopoly. They came with their rationalizations the end justifying the means etc, but neither of us denied anything much. Nothing was achieved and we never saw each other again.” —Nevil|

3 Likes

Do you have a link to the original quote?

I would like to see meself because at one point there were fake Nevil accounts trolling the fourms.

1 Like

Not sure. I had to find that from within someones quote. But it matches what shantibaba himself says. Thats how it all got exposed on the radio broadcast. I will have a look to try and find the original quote, although someone for some reason has deleted a lot of nevils posts. But nevil did originally post that on the nice forum from his own account. I will try to find the original and link you to it.

3 Likes

Got some info to help verify what im saying rocket boy. Go to the nice and look up something called marco’s apology and you’l find nevil talking about the information above using his official account. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

41 posts were split to a new topic: Intelligence community and cannabis

on what page? why do people call Dave Watson from Hortipharm SAM the Skunkman?

https://pastebin.com/raw/rDUaWDYK

3 Likes

According to court documents posted online the DEA were buying seeds from Nevil since 1987 and Nevil was investigated as early as 1985 according to the grand jury… Before Cogo worked for Nevil in 1988-1989 and then became a witness in 1990 …

According to a international law book in regards to Nevil’s extradition it clearly states that Nevil was not responsible for the seed bank…in the international law book it also clearly states that Nevil went to Thailand first not the Netherlands. In court documents it also states that the Australian police collected both of Nevil’s passports…Nevil had dual citizenship yet he flew to Thailand.It also states that Nevil had a dutch visitor that came to Nevil sisters house , she put her house up for Nevil’s bail. Perhaps this dutch person is where Nevil received a fallacious passport to fly to Thailand ? what is odd isn’t whether he had another passport what is odd is the prosecutor knew he had flown to Thailand.

Ben Dronkers Nevil Schoenmakers Ed Rosenthal and others i wont mention where all working together.
The international law book which contains the extradition of Nevil from Australia to the USA states that Nevil was not responsible for the seed bank of Holland. Ben Dronkers and Nevil Schoenmakers were partners and formed sensi seeds for plausible deniability if something happened to the seed bank. Most of the early breeding’s were done at the seed bank with Watson and others. The only reason that Nevil was able to send seeds and against the USA Netherlands treaty was that he had a deal with dutch police and thru parliament.Ben Dronkers has stated in a recent phone interview that"mistakes were made" .

That’s one version of a story many disagree upon.
I don’t have respect for anybody who turned regardless of when.
Nevil is no longer with us RIP , Dronkers is still doing his thing and Dave aka Sam what ever he decides to go by atm is getting up there in age. Last I read he was part of some failed cbd lawsuit, what has he realy ever brought to the table that somebody else given the same open doors couldn’t.

9 Likes

Lol…Sam’s the biggest liar on the scene…no offense Tom, he’s a decent guy of course, it’s just everything you hear from him is a lie. :sob:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover: