Nevil passes and the seed drops start!

…or went through the time machine & came out 15 years older & wiser!

Thanks a million @deep_rob for sharing your insights & experience-- you’re a credit to the community. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

15 Likes

I agree with the above posts! :point_up:

@deep_rob Your posts have been a pleasure to read. It makes me very happy to see there are still people who care about ethics in the cannabis seed world. Seems far and few between. Your knowledge of breeders and their strains along with the lore, history and provenance truly are a great asset to this community.

19 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I encourage free speech. But a phrase like this has proven to be too much problems on a internet discussion forum. I hope everyone understands we are fast to act on a few issue that may cause problems in our community.

11 Likes

Wow just wow !
Im afraid to ask you what you know about the “Haze bros”, lol. and on a more serious note. Can you help with who actually has REAL Durban Poison?

Its sad that I live in Zimbabwe where Durban, Swazi, Malawi and Transkei, are literally around the corner from where I am and I have to search the globe for the true cultivars that Green Pool Killers “kings of cannabis?,lol”, have bastardised with their seeds. But not before taking the original land race stock.

I am but a humble padawan !

8 Likes

Sad news there aint no real durban poison. It’s all just the same bushweed grown in different areas. The DP that’s online is a strain they worked in Holland. Apart from maybe Malawi, none of those compare to today’s strains anyways. Unless you want a nice upper high while being full blown paranoid. Also outside genetics have muddied the waters so very little chance of finding anything pure here. I know of one Transkei area that has a fairly pure line but it’s remote AF and they bred it to withstand crop dusting basically.

4 Likes

Thats so fucked up, what the “King of Cannabis” Artwat, er, Arjan and Franco did. Wittingly or unwittingly.
If I had 2 guesses, they would both be that “…they came, they saw, the land-race died (laughter/cackle)” ***HIllary Clinton reference. They knew what they were doing by introducing their genetics into purer breeding stock. They knew the outcome at least.
Yup, they came, they picked the best representation of what they could find in that particular area, and left behind their fucking shit garbage ripped-off genetics to pollute the gene pool of almost all the entire worlds most pure cannabis genotypes. Cocksuckers.

15 Likes

RIP Neville.
Silver and NL Haze are still to this day my favorite all time smokes of cannabis.
Todays stuff is super, tasty and great but when I hit that Silver Haze back in late 80’s/90, WOW! The flavor.
Didnt even smell of taste like cannabis. We could smoke pinners of it in bars because it just didnt smell like cannabis.
Incredible.
Call it nostalgia I guess. But gimme a Silver Haze with that leather/candy/ivory soap, sweet floral smell to it, and its on! Id get that mental ball of energy in the forehead from the sativa effects. Super happy cannabis. Was fortunate to be able to buy it way back early on in the late 80s when the cups first come out.

It is sickening when people cash in on other demise. Thus is the human condition. People do your homework if you want to source some Neville genetics. He has touched much of whats available today in some form (esp. Europe). Pease dont pay these goofs $200/pack for it. Make the sit on it. Make them eat it. Source other Dutch companies that carry still Nevilles genetics. Flying Dutchman etc. Good luck.

16 Likes

Yo @zimbogro@Sunvalley posted this earlier:

:v: :mag: :skull_crossbones:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Well I have ordered some DP from Cannabiogen in Spain. Its a 16 weeker so must be close, Ill see end of year when I grow them side by side with Transkei seeds from SA.

6 Likes

hahah, I always give him shit when he posts " look at this beutiful plant blah blah…" I call him King of Mids, lol !

3 Likes

damn, 16 weeks is some commitment!!
Id love to see your end products on anything in your country.
I bet you have some monster plants if allowed to grow there.
Except some African countries dont play when it comes to cannabis too Im sure, even tho I believe its a form of currency really there (could be wrong)
I have 1 “Mozambique Poison” plant… heres the specs: (Seed plant; sex unknown)

Mozambiquen Poison (Malberry Seeds)

Indoor / outdoor
From the Mozambique side of lake Malawi. This trancy strain is well known to have a psychoactive high for hours. Traditional healers pay biannual pilgrimage to this plant.

Genetics: 100% Mozambique Poison
Variety type: Sativa
Yield: 500 - 575g/m2
Height: 2 m plus
Grow difficulty: experience recommended
Ascetics: medium buds, multi branching.

Indoor flowering 10 to 12 weeks

Id be just as happy with a male(well, not really… but). If its the real deal, it should bring the electricity to anything I touch it with (Im hoping).
But obviously Im not expecting the golden male either. its a long shot.
Only 1 way to find out tho, and that is by chucking the pollen and growing out the prodigy
Good luck Zimbogro, keep us informed of how it goes for you.

7 Likes

That puke’s reputation is riding on a lot of other people’s hard life’s work and stolen genetics.
Sure, we all work off of back of giants, this puke needs to bribe and buy cups to become relevant in Europe.
I believe Shanti when he says that Shanti himself has his genetics that were once were the cup winners. He took them with him when he left, and started his own company Mr Nice.
Id never grow Green House shit out, with their 7 Kinds of Arcunts Haze.(whatta joke lol)
Id grow Serious or Flying Dutchman. Fuck, Id buy from NIrvana before Id buy Green House.
I wouldnt give that cunt 1 dime.
“King of the mids… stolen genetics, paid-for cups and all around clown, Arcunt, er Arjan”

4 Likes

Well I have promissed some Overgrow guys some of my local seeds but they ar e25years old, I am waiting for some fresh Northern Malawi and Im getting permission form the governor of Zimbabwe’s only Ganja area, to vist and get seeds, harvest season has started, I m hoping to get there in time to get seeds off the plants pre harvest. Im hopping to donate for preservation, I am so confident no white man has taken the strains we have so Im super excited to see what you guys can do with it. Im not at that level yet.

28 Likes

I have the entire MrNice catalogue, EXCEPT for Nevi’s Haze, but I git Mango Haze IBL, Critical Widow, Widow Grail and some other rare ones, except for Road Kill, never got that one and it hasnt been offered since 2017

4 Likes

wow, no shit eh?
thats crazy!!
That would be incredible @zimbogro
Good luck brother, I wish you the best.

5 Likes

dont get me wrong Im not an experienced guy but very enthused and keen to learn growing and especially the Lore and Legends and history, and the 3 year old addiction to seed collecting lol. But I reached an age in my life where prison is not a barrier to growing for me, the urge is greater than prudence. but I know I love Haze thats all I have smoked but the grow level is more demanding IMO.

4 Likes

THAT is really cool. If you do manage to aquire those and would like someone to have someone reproduce them for OG preservation, I will volunteer!! 20 seeds can become thousands. :grin:

16 Likes

let me see what i can pull off. This has been months in the making, lol.

8 Likes

I hope you have some successful adventures. Sounds like fun!

3 Likes

@zimbogro right now in history over here in America and Canada (to a lesser extent) with cannabis opening up like it is, it’s exploding. Seed breeding in America is exploding too.
Everyone has the same thing though. Everyone has a “Kush”
Your general area is known already for some of its fine cannabis genotypes.
Malawi is supposed to be a beautiful “strain” etc etc
Some of your cannabis is considered “electric” cannabis. That is the sought after traits from out of your area we (I) look for.
I hope you luck out and do well. @lefthandseeds is a trusted member, and likely a good person to know, if u get what I mean.
Good luck @zimbogro

9 Likes