Nevil passes and the seed drops start!

Man you knowledgeable on this breeding history!! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

So, this is getting stupid. Whereā€™s @LemonadeJoe to stop this?
This is a community, and as a community, ownership is pretty well fucked. 'scuse my language, but yea, itā€™ll fuck shit up
Prove to me, you own marijuana.
Prove to me, you own anything that comes of it.
Prove to me, that i canā€™t take your seed, reproduce it a million times, and give it away; Or sell it if i want to and people are stupid enough to swap it for currency.
I thought iā€™d found a place of likeminded individuals. Stupid me

4 Likes

Why, STOP it?

The issue is not wether Todd should be doing this or not, but for us as growers, wether we should be buying it or not.
Why pay $200 for a 10 pack when Shatibabaā€™s ā€œShitā€ is one of the cheapest strains to buy and we all know full well how close to Skunk#1 that strain is.

The question is do we keep level heads or buy into the hype. Nevilā€™s passing could be a coincidence or not, in the timming.

4 Likes

Who is Joe supposed to be stopping from what now???

7 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed joe and a few other members seem to have took a hiatus, hope all is well

1 Like

I would like to cultivate those Africans, good luck with your trip.

1 Like

@Jay pardon my confusion but Iā€™m not sure what or who youā€™re saying is ā€˜fucked upā€™.

Even here at OG opinions vary about the ā€˜ethicsā€™ of how seeds should be treated; some are in the ā€œitā€™s all free & openā€ camp & others think a single F1 cross of othersā€™ breeding is their new creation & proprietary.

Iā€™m pretty sure the debate is open & civil enough here.

Personally, I curse like a motherfucker. A lot. :blush:

:evergreen_tree: not mine-- yours! :joy:

14 Likes

lets see how it goes, cheers.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but when morals and ethics come into play I can see if it was a land race but if you put your hard work sweat and tears into something for use I can see where you would be offended by it slam me if you will but I understand both sides itā€™s a plant and a seed unfortunately weā€™ve all been forced by law into these archaic conditions where we have to pay exorbitant amounts for plants. On the other hand people who put hard work Sweat and Tears into things expect certain things in return. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not a scientist Iā€™m not trying to butt in anyoneā€™s conversation but when Napster came out and it was shut down due to copyright infringement I understood that these people and artists put hard work into the music and should have been paid for it and not stolen. Some people think itā€™s morals and ethics issue in the end itā€™s a plant that bears seed and you can send them all the way around the globe so good luck stopping us. Rage on LOL just kidding I contradicted myself like 20 times in there. Oh yeah fuckety Funk shity fucking efukt I had to get my licks inšŸ˜†

2 Likes

If I throw a pack of DJ shorts blueberry out for breeding is he going to come to my house and double tap me in the head is anyone going to tell me no donā€™t send them please no no stop

2 Likes

Thats not really the topic of discussion. Most GREAT breeders, want growers to pop the whole 15 Reg packs and go on to F2, F3 and so on, they want the the growers that buy their genetics, to play around and discover their own shit.
The topic is about Nevil passing and people coming out and dropping "Nevilā€™s genetics"and not at such nice prices, to add.

6 Likes

I hear you. You know how it is people try to capitalize on whatever they can is sad but when people pass people act crazy. What else is new. Capitalization happens all the time just like when an artist dies and anything they touched sores in price. Is that it? Iā€™m just wondering because weā€™re all guarantee one thing so when that happens to the other guys who are doing it in the same thing happens with their gear is everybody going to freak out. Just a question. Sorry I didnā€™t see what you said it is cool to play around with it I see both sides but it is shameful the way some people Act. Would I want it to happen to me no but such is life. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not trying to be disrespectful obviously the man was well loved and respected by all of us not that I personally knew him or anything but probably everything that Iā€™m smoking right now has some of his genetics in it. I apologize for being abrasive my dad used to always hit me with both sides and then explain it. I didnā€™t realize he was a botanist. Makes me wanna be a better man. More knowledgeable you know

Amusing some of the bizarre statements made here. Like there was no Durban Poison in South Africa. Some odd references have been made about Mel Frank as well. They actually tie together. Mel was the one that took landrace Durban Poison (wild bushweed) and bred it to be more stable stateside. He says that he sent the results to Sam Skunk in Holland where it was bred with skunk. That is where all the other Dutch lines came from. You can read Melā€™s story about it posted on Leafly. It seems plausible. There is (or was) real Durban Poison and a whole raft of related strains from South Africa. Lesotho, KwaZulu, Transkei, etc. There was also Rooibaard. THAT was the strain of strains in South Africa that everyone refers to there. The mythical strain of strains. Meanwhile original Durban Poison in Durban, SA has pretty much been replaced with Swazi genetics.

As for original Haze, likely that was just an early hybrid of Colombian and Mexican going around Northern California that Sam Skunk took to Holland from California and sold to Nevil. Back then there was no internet so there was no way to verify what he had done or not done in Santa Cruz. The stories about Sacred Seeds are all over the place. None of them can be corroborated. There is zero evidence that it existed in Santa Cruz County. There was no Sacred Seeds bust. Dave Watson was never busted there. There was no Sacred Seeds catalog printed or distributed. The only reference to that catalog was a hand written one posted in HT in the mid 1980s after Sam went to Holland. As for all the references to the Haze Brothers? They never existed. Even according Sellout Toddā€™s latest posts. Now the story is that it was some other unnamed dude that bred original Haze. High Times is where a lot of these stories came from. Watson/Sammy Skunk was a writer for them under the name ā€œSelgnijā€ (according to Ed Rosenthal). HT is also where sellout Todd worked. Now he is making a lot of bucks off of published HT fantasy, Nevilā€™s breeding and Watsonā€™s leg work.

The green rushs here. Its all about money now.

15 Likes

This is why dudes like @deep_rob are cool. They lay out experiences they have lived through.

10 Likes

This is the shit I love, INSIGHT. Thanks !

1 Like

From what ive heard or understand, sacred seeds has been around since before cannabis prohibition, so how ā€œteflonā€ Dave T-Watson can claim he started Sacred Seeds (which I understand he did) is simply a joke, if true.
I hear Mr Watson is inline for some big things in cannabis.
Dont be surprised if u see him popping up with some new super-duper cannabis strains.
From what Ive read, T-Watson was made of teflon after sliding out of a drug bust in Cali supposedly. That when he went to Holland etc etc etc

1 Like

Iā€™ve done alot of research into the sacred seeds story and itā€™s all hard to sort out but itā€™s easy to see who came out on top regardless of how much or little truth was behind the story. Iā€™ve posted alot on here about it but all we can do is choose to not support those who profited from selling out the people they got close to.

4 Likes

If you want Nevils gear do your research and Iā€™d suggest getting it from those who have always had it and not the people who all of a sudden have a bunch of crosses to the most currently trendy strains.

5 Likes

Look up the current release of ghash or pick up his haze , Iā€™d pick up the ghash but am finacialy strapped at the moment.

1 Like

thats my feeling exactly. This guy comes out of nowhere with all these crosses. As tempting as it maybe, Im happy having Shantiā€™s Shit, that counts as skunk #1 in my book

2 Likes