New Cannabis Growing Business

If my business partner and I want to start a legal commercial growing business to grow cannabis that is high in THC even over 20% of delta-9 (NOT just Hemp capped at 0.3%), which states are the easiest to get a license in for cultivating?

What I hope the focus of this post will be is discussions about hurdles/obstacles and barriers to entry that the state will require us to overcome…for example;

Florida is bad because it requires that you have had a nursery license that has been active for 30 years or longer
Florida is also bad because it requires that your nursery have at least 400,000 plants in cultivation
Florida is bad because there is a very small list of approved seeds/genetics
Some states have reached their cap on licenses so you have to get in line which could take many years before they call your number due to limits on the number of commercial grower licenses allowed in those states
How much does the commercial grow license cost in that state...Fees paid to the state can be too high (we will have a reasonable amount of money from investors but not unlimited)
no need to discuss start up costs of setting up the operation in this post because the startup costs have very little to do with state laws. For example, the cost of lights, the cost of temperature control systems, the cost of fixtures, the cost of watering systems, the cost of CO2 systems, fans, greenhouses, etcetera. Besides, the startup costs will be close to the same in any state.

Thank you so much for your help !

Oregon is one of the best states to start a business I guess.

easier it is to get a license the lower the prices youll get at market will be. the only people really making money out here are few big corps and the guys who just serve the medical market and get top dollar for top quality.

How is your business going? Would you open it today?