New Fluence lights!

I received half of my shipment the other day. So far I have a SPYDR 2i without a power supply and dimmer. As soon as the rest of the order comes in I’ll send some pics. Can’t wait to see this light shining like a neutron star in my tent!

5 Likes

8 Likes

Pretty cool how it folds for easy storage, eh?

3 Likes

@nube I like the comfortable feeling I get knowing that Fluence will be there for customer support…and the 10 year warranty isn’t too bad either

4 Likes

no power supply? What a tease! it’s a thing of beauty…I hope you have good sunglasses :smile:

with these you also get a fixture designed for commercial horticulture - certified for wet environments, full UL listings & all that stuff

3 Likes

Mine came split up too. Dumb shipping.

3 Likes

This should be a standard “Mark 7” dimming input. It has been carried over from the days of dimmable fluorescent ballasts.

150K linear pot does it. these have a roughly 2mA current-limited power supply. Short them, and it goes dim (voltage is sunk), open them and it goes bright. There are also a number of 0-10v commercial dimmers. Leviton IP710-LFZ/DS710 are neat because you do not need line voltage to run them, just connect grey and purple. Could also use the button/rocker as override.

EDIT: unless they messed with it and made it weird…

4 Likes

If you say so boss.

:smile:

3 Likes

LOL I think you are confusing me with Mrs. Happy :wink:

3 Likes

@99PerCent no shit? Fluence customer service is good but…why the hell did we both get our shipments split up? Did you order a dimmer and the prong to fit it as well?

2 Likes

Just like yourself.

I don’t think it is Fluence. I think it was FedEx. I called them and they told me they always ship everything together unless specified otherwise. The 2nd package showed like 2 days later.

Not sure what this would be.

1 Like

I had to call Fluence to figure out what the hell was going on. All I received was a frame with and a quick connect power cable. No power supply, 15’ cable to go to the dimmer (pig tail) or hanging apparatus. But it’s all good I’m getting the rest of the package early next week.

2 Likes

3 Likes

prices are up on the new Vypr plus, $1300 for the 630 watter…more than the old one but still $200 less than the comparable Spyder fixture

4 Likes