New grower and in need of some input on my plant

Its only been on 12/12 for only 5 days…instead of me lowering the light I’d rather wait for the plant to stretch closer up to the light…I have a saying, if your shoes shine why buff them…

2 Likes

I see… makes sense… it looks good!!

I tried twice to use the sphagnum moss and I got a seedling :seedling: and then it would fail so I switched to soil and I just wish I had a couple phototrons to do some experiments with the setup but I am considering constructing one and use mine as a template to go off of

1 Like

Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

1 Like

All you need is a 4x8 plywood cut 2x4 and get 4 led shop lights for each corners and a led light on top, all the parts are available at Menards except maybe mylar…line the inside with mylar or paint it white…instant home made Phototron…cost wise under $100…I was thinking of making one this summer for my farmer buddy.

2 Likes

Today is the start of flowering and I’m so anxious and excited about it, anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to manage the stretch with height restrictions in my phototron and I am really a curious!

4 Likes

So I’m on day 12 of flower and I am just getting nervous about the amount of height and it’s because it’s in a phototron and I am looking for some input on what you all think

2 Likes

Looks good so far, I would expect you to have plenty of room for the rest of stretch. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Ok, I thought you were on the 1st. wk. of flower…it looks like you should have enough room…if not just bend it 6" from the top, that part of the stalk shouldn’t be that woody…you should try and put one of those 6,000 lumens light from Menards above your whole plant.

Here’s a picture of my stalk where it was bent, the whole plant won’t die, it will grow like the plant was topped.

I also have a reflective plastic above my plant unlike you do which makes my Tron more height restricted than yours…you should have plenty of room for the stretch.

3 Likes

LoL I just got back from Walmart and I picked up a garage led with 3 panels and 6000 lumens like yours

I am still cracking up u mentioned that because I’ve been waiting for today cause I got paid! And it was 20 bucks

1 Like

And I also forgot to mention that 2 days ago I took one of my lowest flower nodes are bent the stem over to get it towards the light and it worked out and already recovered…so I was kinda worried about it at first but am just more n more amazed at how a healthy plant is able to recover from the stress and thrive but it’s easier on the mind to do it with small scale and I am excited to utilize it for sure during the next grow but first I will focus on this big girl!

2 Likes

The plant will try and right itself a couple of hours after you bend it…as you can see I bent the hell outa my main stalk and it’s still doing great, I also bent all my side branches.
Glad you got that LED light & should be easy to install…the more you grow in your Tron the more you’ll become a pro growing inside/outside of the Phototrons.
Maybe someday you’ll grow SWC/TRON, veg will only be 2wks. max…I’m gonna probably end up chopping my Vietnam Thunder Fuck at 69 days or so it all depends on my trichs.

2 Likes

Yup that’s the goal for me and I’m not as reluctant about bending now that I have done it to the lowest side branch and I have noticed exactly what you said about it trying to right itself right away and it has been so helpful since joining this awesome growing community thanks OG!..and u as well PhilCuisine with the advice and knowledge of the almighty phototron…LoL

here’s what it looks like now! :+1:t2:

2 Likes