Chocomint OG seedlings

8 days old choco mint og from Humboldt are they healthy??

19 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, @Tee100!

Yes, it looks healthy!

9 Likes

Hi , yes she’s healthy
Remember to water for the size of the plant , not the size of the pot : )

12 Likes

Thanks guys I germinated 3 at the same time the other 2 are smaller than this one is that normal??

2 Likes

Absolutely normal.

8 Likes

Looking good👍

3 Likes

Looks good. Plants are always going to be different in size. Enjoy the grow, there are plenty of good people to help you here.

4 Likes

Hello guys this is my first grow ever wanted to know if my temp and humidity is good for my plants. Thanks.

4 Likes

It’s ok for seedlings atm.

Your high and low humidity may cause problems when you’re flowering. The RH is dependent on temps, the closer together you can keep your day and night temps, the less big fluctuations will occur. Try to keep the day and night temps within a 10F degree difference. To do this you need a little heater to raise your night temps or run your extraction fan or air-conditioning to keep your day temps lower.

You really want the humidity under 50% in flower or you may get bud rot or powdery mildew.

8 Likes

Thanks for the advice mate I best get myself a dehumidifier lol

1 Like

A dehumidifier is good, a good exhaust fan with Heat and humidity controllers is good as well or both if you can afford it.

Every grow is different with lots of variables but keep this VPN chart for reference, try to keep in the green areas as close to a 10 as possible, but dont worry too much if you cant get it perfect. So your 70% is good for your temp of 78F in veg You also need good air circulation with fans inside the tent to stop PM from starting, when in flower try and keep it below 50% or there is a possibility of mould.

RH VPD Chart

What you need to be careful with is after lights out, that’s when the humidity will start to rise, reaching its highest point at the coldest part of the night. Thats why you need to keep the gap close between night and day temps.

Reducing the amount of water you put in your pot will also help, just water a couple of hundred mill at a time around the seedling no need to soak the whole pot.

Whats the rest of your set up equipment wise?

5 Likes

Top man thank you and tbh I’ve only got led lights a fan an a thermometer in the tent lmao and feeding plants with general hydroponics nutrients keeping ph between 5.5 an 6.1

1 Like

When you say fan do you mean an exhaust fan or a fan to move air around in your tent?

OK what are you using for soil it looks good, does it have Lime or calcium in it for PH buffers?

For soil you need your water to be at a PH of 6 - 6.2 going into the soil the PH will creep up within 24 hours and your plant can access what it needs as the PH climbs up to 7.

2 Likes

No just a normal fan to move air around tent and I’m using coco perlite mix 70/30 and mixing Cal mag with nutrients bro

1 Like

OK how are you PH ing everything?

You would be better investing in an exhaust fan than a de humidifier first, that will cool and dehumidify to a point, depending on ambient temps and RH. Do you have to worry about the smell or are you out in the country among the peat bogs lol. If you do have to worry about the smell a carbon filter would be a good idea.

2 Likes

Got a ph meter an ph up and down an I live in apartment so smell is abit of a issue but I’ve put the tent in like a box room no window nothing so I don’t where I would stick the carbon filter out

1 Like

If you didn’t have to worry about smell you could forget the carbon filter. The filter will kill any smell so it might be a good idea to get an exhaust fan and filter when you can, they will get stinky when they flower, and the hotter it is the stinkier they get lol.

Ok that’s good you got a PH meter, and as you are doing coco stay with the PH you are using, I think most coco users aim for about PH 5.8, never used it myself though.

2 Likes

The carbon filter sits up high in tent and an exhaust inline fan is attached to it and it just pumps the filtered air into the box room , creating no smell to worry about , deffo get one or you will stink the place out : )

3 Likes

Peat bogs ? @Shadey

2 Likes

Itrs an Irish / Scottish thing lol, bogs in the lowlands and there are also peat hags up in the mountains. Where the best peat in the world comes from :slight_smile: and what colours the whisky when the water runs through it.

9 Likes