New Growers Easiest Strains

I agree as hell. But it’s like that now : “I want it now” spirit, on the paper only. The paradox is than you will see these “ultra faster than light” strains flowered like dutch hazes in grow logs with an average of 70 days. A specialized forum on ruderalis hybrids is very interresting to lurk for that.

Better to stay in fast strains this way i think, even if they miss incredible classics. It enter more in their dimension on the paper than the true 60-70 days strains.

1 Like

I recieved my Dutch Treat as a clone in Oregon. It’s possible it has been misnamed, but its description jibes with this one:

There must be at least 2 versions going by this name. A phenotypically indica strain being sold by the seed companies (Jordan of the Islands and East Island) as well as a very sativa clone. Maybe that explains why all the descriptions list it as 80% indica, but it won the “2012 Southern California Cannabis Cup” as 3rd best sativa.

2 Likes

What were your expierances with Black Widow?

That’s another thay was unwieldy and disappointing to me. Not at all like its description. Extremely stretchy and airy buds. People who recieved finished buds loved it, but I have a bad taste in my mouth from growing it. I grew out a full pack from Mr. Nice. I have a bunch of F2 seed.

Was from Mr Nice also, seeds got in 2007 in direct. They vegged with short internodes with dark leafs, eating everything i gave to them. In fact the seedlings quickly ate the same food than the motherplants running at this time lol

The stretch was decent but for sure not the one of an afghani, buds was compact considering fluffy sativas and the plants was entirely covered with trichomes at middle of flowering stage, without any particular help. I’ve run them only with the AB base, no boosters at all. Not specially hungry when you flower them but not bitchy also. Hard to burn.

Not trained, pruned or whatever … they was enough bushy and short to don’t do anything and let it grow. I’ve harvested them like a skunk, after ~twos months and in average with three natural main colas. Easy to rince the last week and answer very well to good enzyms.

The smoke is not from a candyshop for sure, it’s pretty dry and “green hashy” with a good and strong musky taste of weed than last in mouth. The stone was pleasant because regular and progressive, and pretty potent. Cumulated cones was not a neverending quest for the final couchlock.

1 Like

I bought my seeds in 2013 from the Conscious Collective in Hopland California in original Mr. Nice packaging. The scent was spot on for what I know as Widow. Green-hashy works. Bright fresh herb smell. It stretched about 5-7 times in height after I flipped it. I cut it at 10 weeks because the seed was done and I was annoyed, but it could have gone another 2 at least. Resin wasn’t particularly impressive. It tolerated heavy feeding.

5-7 times stretch (like the pure sativas and hazes of my seedstash !?!) , and 10 weeks (~like the longer pheno of Jack Herer i have), no satin … something was wrong with these seeds for sure man.

That’s what I thought. I even asked on icmag at the time about their packaging to see if it was legit. It seemed to be, but who knows. It was hot during that grow, which may have brought out the stretch and airy buds. I should test the F2s but I haven’t gotten around to it. For better or worse I am now biased against it.

And yes, flowered at ~1ft and they were all over 5 and past the light at the end.

2 Likes

I think @Fuel mentioned it already but i often recommend Chronic to new growers too cos it’s so easy to grow and clone, the stretch is reasonable, it has quite high mold resistance and it’s potent.

White Widow usually behaves quite well too for beginners.

I’d avoid strains that stretch massively, take ages to finish and that are nute sensitive cos these types usually present the biggest challenge to ALL growers.

My latest recommendation for new growers is Sugar Black Rose btw :thumbsup:

3 Likes

My easiest ever grow was c99 grown in soil. She took some stick from me and took as much nutrients as I could throw at her. Was a long arsed bloom period though as she went an extra month longer than what the breeder stated she would. :+1:

2 Likes

@Fuel

Interesting comments. I would have to say we are not novices to growing. Certainly understood NPK and pH balancing before investing in a decent grow set-up.

We implemented a lot of training on our HP and NL plants. But that also just seemed like the thing to do to ensure the plants filled the grow space.

And for us, feeding really wasn’t a problem. But perhaps we were lucky not to run into nutrient imbalances.

2 Likes

Yep, super lucky. My haze is putting up all sorts of roadblocks, not the least of which is a persistent, albeit light, magnesium deficiency. That shit will make you not want to grow… I have a feeling, 3 weeks into veg, that this is the last time I’m running this particular haze.

WW, and a diesel have no issues. Here’s to hoping that the haze is some amazing smoke.

1 Like

NL been my 1st grow, back in 2000 and even if I tried hard to kill them doing all sorts of mistakes, they resisted very well and got to end of flowering quite good…
never seen another strain so easy to grow…
Ds

4 Likes

I never found the Jack Herer particulary hard to grow also, but in another hand i will never qualify it as “easiest strain for today beginners” with the pure forms than remain available today. My opinion stay relative with what i see in the grow logs but also with what is available in seeds today.

There is the best compromise for beginners i’ve grown on this blood :

WW x NL of 2005, under 1K MH ^^

5 Likes

I am a new grower and grew all blue dream this year. It has been ridiculously forgiving and easy to grow imho and a few of my plants were an extreme learning curve for me. Learning how to water properly and how to give the right amount of nutrients. I screwed up on my first plants in an epic way and ended up with some pretty large healthy plants and fat buds at the end. I will agree with Leafly on this strain. It’s pretty hard to Eff up. lol

5 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Do i need more light

Thank you. Will be looking for stains and do little research on them.

I’m surprised that a few people have put White Widow on the easy list. I saw on leafly that it is for expert growers as well as being told to go with another strand by my friend who has been growing a while. He said he tried growing some and had some issues so that scared me away from it. Maybe he just got some bad seeds?
I have Gorilla Glue growing pretty nice for my first try and my Blue Dream is suppose to be easy as well, I just had issues with mine but don’t think it’s the norm. Will be trying it again as I have a couple seeds left. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The widows I’ve seen have always been hardy, easy to grow, take just about any nutes you throw at them plants. They can run a bit longer 9-10 weeks though…

The problem is there’s about 8 million ‘white widows’ out there no so it’s hard to know what you’re getting.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what the easiest thc strain would be, but the Charlotte’s Angel CBD 1:1 was the easiest plant that I’ve grown so far. Nice dense buds, early finisher, mold resistant, average water requirements and wasn’t finicky about soil or nutrients. Just a joy to grow. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

4 Likes

I’m sure this has been said 39 times above, but you can’t go wrong with Northern lights. Very beginner friendly.

4 Likes