New guy here. Hello and a few q's

You can just post a thread in the Seeds for everyone thread or the Free seeds and clones thread. If you want to ask trivia questions or just say the next 5 people to say dibs can have them or ask a level 3 member for help creating a Wiki post for people to sign up for and then pick as many random numbers as you like to decide the winner. Nice color on that cola! Welcome to Overgrow!!

15 Likes

Welcome and thank you for being here @Going2fast :+1:

8 Likes

Welcome to OG @Going2fast . So for the giveaways you can just go to the free seeds and free clones thread and offer them up. The rules are up to you. The only protocol is “free”, otherwise you can choose USA only, World Wide, been on the site a certain amount of time or whatever you fell you want. I will link that thread below.

As for sending seeds, there are many ways to save them from being crushed by the postal system rollers. Coin flips with hose washer, corrugated plastic with supports, 3d printed seed pucks. All are easily searched here. If you have specific questions feel free to tag me or pm me, I send out a fair number of seeds so know a bit about getting them there safe.

19 Likes

Welcome @Going2fast . you couldn’t have landed in a better platform… Question 1 that’s for more senior members… But question 2… I received lots of beans in those plastic cone viles From Belgium. Ukraine… France… They all arrived safe and sound. All sprouted… So. They all came IN A 5INCH X 7-8 INCH PADDED ENVELOPE… Inside had those little air bubbles in the inside of envelope … Ive even reused the envelope when i mail beans to buddies…

5 Likes

That must be Purple Kush? A friend sent me a few dried buds a while back and it looks identical. It was a great smoke, too! Welcome and I’ll enter any giveaway to get a few of those beans, lol. :grin:

Enjoy the site, we have a great community.

4 Likes

Hey bud, good to see ya hanging around. :slightly_smiling_face:
Giveaways/raffles - do em however you want. But @DougDawson has pointed you in the right direction.:+1:
As for shipping, yeah coin flips and hose washer haven’t failed me yet. Some have experienced some breakage on occasion. A regular envelope and one forever stamp will work for anything under 1/4" in thickness and 1oz in weight.
@Bobgrows is who you wanna talk to about 3D printed pucks. I think they’re only .15-.25 cents each. Don’t quote me on that, lol. Here’s a link.

Oh yeah, for your auto projects, I’d get hooked up with @LoveDaAutos. I bet the two of y’all would have some fun exchanges. :wink:

Gonna throw in this pic I found while getting you that link about pucks. This awsome picture is both fun and sad at the same time. I hope it can bring a smile to some faces. RIP @DJSF

18 Likes

Big smile and miss him already :cry: .

Welcome to OG @Going2fast !!!

And @blowdout2269 is right, @Bobgrows makes great pucks for seed and will do custom jobs within reason… such as these custom “gold coins” with matching caps made for my Jew Gold 1974 preservation run!

Oh and hell yeah they’re shiny!

22 Likes

Howdy.

They are your seeds and you can give them away any way you like. For anti crushing I, and many/most, like washers and coin flips although pucks are catching up.

I like to give away seeds in my own thread rather than the free seeds thread because it’s a bit less chaotic but that’s me. I’ll also sometimes maybe post Canadians only in the Canadian thread because I only have Canadian stamps.

Nice purple bud, bud.

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @Going2fast !
Beautiful bud ya got there.
I’ve answered your questions in a DM you sent.
Hope that helps and you enjoy OG!
Overgrow the world! :v::green_heart::herb:

4 Likes

Welcome to OG, couldn’t have found a better place

3 Likes

Welcome I believe you have found the right place. Enjoy

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums man I’ve only been here a few months I don’t know four or five maybe myself, great group of people.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Didn’t want to break protocol. Ilike the hose washer idea but I have to ask what is a coin flip? @GMan that is lsd 25 from Fastbuds. Here’s a few of mine. Scarlet grapes, scarlet runtz, scarlet galaxy and the pollen doner scarlet sunset.image_160836 IMG_20230227_161947086 image_160838 IMG_20230222_184137989_HDR IMG_20230222_183952963 image_160840

10 Likes

This is a hose washer and a coin flip:

10 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Also dont forget to add a small wad of cotton or paper towel to your seeds when but in a flip. It prevents them from rattling around and calling attention to the envelope.

It also is a buffer in case of “surprise moisture”.

5 Likes

Coin flips are used for collecting coins. You can likely find at any local coin shop or hobby store. Or of course the big A, lol.
You probably want half dollar flips. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey there @Going2fast welcome. You have located the only place to be. Happy 420

2 Likes

Nice buds bud😎

1 Like

Hey now! Welcome to this good place!
Here’s some more info on coin flips.

Lacons® 120300 Round Hinged-Lid Plastic Container 1,000/Box-

2 Likes