New Light selection

The new MarsHydro FC4800 and FC6500 look hella tempting

2 Likes

I grabbed this for 50$ off amazon. What you guys think.

1 Like

Hard to say, the price says $100 so if you got it for $50 it could be a decent deal. Itā€™s 150 watts. I donā€™t trust them though. The claim that you will reach more than 2.5 grams per watt sounds ridiculous to me. I am always concerned when companies make such outlandish claims.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s where I am. I donā€™t know enough about lights and specs myself. My neighborly sensei does thou and has built his own bridgelux successfully. So Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll go that route have him put it together! All Iā€™ll have to do is hang and adjust after a walk thru!

1 Like

For what its worth :, I started growing again(been more than 20yrs since inside grow)indoors this year and was trying to figure out my best bang for my bucks , In the past I used MH and watched my electric bill go right up n up ,like eye brow raising right up man!

I really didnt want that happening again. So after some research and talking to a few of the Grow Shops in my area. I went with Sun Systems LEC ( CMH) 315 watt . I bought the USA made one it has the vertical mounted bulbā€¦was told it will do a 4x4 nicely so bought a Mars Hydro 4x4 ( was thicker than most of the other ones available)
Let me tell you I was really skeptical about laying out the bread for this stuff .

I flushed all my doubt right down the toilet . A single 315 w CMH in a 4x4 tent!!!. Totally blown away at the results and amazed at how little my electric bill is tooā€¦ I am only growing feminized auto flowers indoors with light schedule 20 hrs on 4 off ā€¦
I havent grown indoors in a very long time and back then a 1000 w MH was the only way to go to get good results.Im amazed at all the stuff out there on the market now. Never had ā€œ auto flowering ā€œ genetics way back then or ā€œfeminized ā€œ seed either for that matterā€¦,and all the friggin different strains they have now is totally endless !!!
Back then all you could get in my area was 4 kinds of reefer,
commercial (heavily seeded )brick dope from Mexico or lightly seeded Columbian gold ā€¦ sometimes we could score seeded reddish brown weed from Panama. We would go out of our way to get the best above all the rest and that was the unseeded Ghani Skunk bud! If you where lucky you would score a few seeds in a half oz and that is all I would grow back then outdoors. We have really short grow season and that stuff would mature fast man .

STAY HAPPY ,STAY GROWING ā€¦ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

i think you will be happy with the cmh

Well I pulled the trigger and copped the TSW2000 Mars Hydro, I figured Iā€™m already running the ts1000 so stick with that line a little longer before jumping to the FC series.
Plus it arrives 5 days fasterā€¦
thanks for all the great info growmies

Later
Cannabisius

1 Like

I actually have one of those in my 2x2 short tent. Iā€™ve gotten decent results with it so far. The clones have been under it on 18/6 since they were cut. The conditions in the tent arenā€™t ideal however. I didnā€™t have the same issue under my sf1000 or my ts1000. The issue is RH%. Under this light it seems to be very low. I have a 4ā€ cheap extraction fan outside the tent set in the middle on the inline controller. I hover around 80-82F but the humidity is in the 30-40ā€™s. They still look ok.

I am thinking of using it all the way thru flowerā€¦ but I have a new sp6500 that Iā€™m dying to set upā€¦ whatā€™s stopping me is space. I have 2 tents running now. New one is a 3x5.

2 Likes

Niceā€¦
I have been fighting low humidity all winter too. lol I just got in from walgreens grabbing another humidifier.

1 Like

yea another good investment was a AC Infinity T4 inline fan w/controller.
once I set the Auto humidity and temperature trips. It was worth the extra bux

3 Likes

I have one of those connected to my mars hydro tent. I keep them outside of the tent to give me more vertical space inside.

1 Like