New property, new finds!

Would love a place to stretch out like that.
Beautiful property

4 Likes

Beautiful place man, congrats. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

That’s living!

2 Likes

I’ve never tried Chaga before. I see it everywhere on the trees where I am at. I will have to look into it!

4 Likes

It tastes pretty good, earthy with a hint of natural vanilla flavor. I add a small bit of vanilla extract it really boosts the flavor.

3 Likes

Do you really see health benefits from it?

1 Like

I’m pretty healthy already, so I dont see anything crazy from it. In all honesty i just like it as a bit of a “preventative maintenance” type thing. It’s really hard to find 100% conclusive scientific research on it. Theres a lot of random claims online that it cures cancer and all this stuff. I think it’s just a strong anti oxidant that is a good addition to a healthy lifestyle.

6 Likes

Its worth collecting if you see it.

The black sclerotium has been shown to contain large concentrations of melanin.[11][12] Chaga has been reported to contain extremely high concentrations of oxalate, 2800–11200 mg total oxalates/100 g sclerotium, one of the highest reported levels of any organism.[13]

2 Likes

That’s wild. I’ve heard of it but never really knew what it was and just googled it and there are things that look like that here. Is there any impersonator I should watch out for?

2 Likes