Not been around alot for 3 weeks

3 weeks ago today… i was on the second day of new medicine for ms… pill form… tecfidera… friday evening I took my night dose went upstairs to bed… within 15 minutes I started to feel hot… and prickly over my body… fast forward to me tossing everything I ate since I was 2 yo … barely able to stand let alone move… and sweating so much I had rivulets going down my arms I had mom start my shower in case I was able to move enough to get in to cool my skin off… mom wanted to call the ambulance… it was that bad… all I could think off… is there is no way in hell they were getting upstairs to bring me down. narrow staircase 140yo house. well I started to feel better after the poison was out… mom took my temperature… it was super low… i was able to get to sleep… but… woke up feeling dizzy… the stress and insult on my body pushed me into a MS relapse… last Saturday… i started to lose vision in my left eye… thankfully perifial closer to the nose… but my loss of vision is about 1/4 dark grey/black with the rest of the eye seeing foggy what I would call in photography noise… i called m y neuro… had a MRI… with contrast… as they were putting the iv in my right arm the plastic tube hit a valve… i was not worried… or anything… thankfully I was sitting in a wheelchair… all of a sudden I started to get prickly on the scalp… light headed… and nauseaus… it was bad… i started to sweat… and I was according to them white as a sheet… now I have farmer tan 24/7 365 days a year… my arm was lighter than my belly skin… 15 min later it passed and I was fine. we continued on the other arm… got that in… they shoved me into the too small of a MRI machine… (I am not claustrophobic lol I used to do spelunking) literally arms tight to my side lost feeling in hands after 30 min lol… that tight… well it was all done and good and I went home… i can see the results on my patient portal… but… my doc has not called me with a decipher…etc whatever it is to make it in English lol anyhow… my eyesight seems to be semi stable its gotten a little worse on the left… but my balance is a little better… I’m not falling over in the bathroom like I was… but I still have balance issues and the loss of sight does not help… ugh… ty for letting me vent… btw I’m a tough ol beotch lol and I don’t always complain about my issues like this…i don’t feel all here either … lol

34 Likes

loss of vision can be terrifying. i’ve had blind spots from migraines before and it sure is scary.

10 Likes

Glad to have you back!!! Sincerely hope the medication will, indeed, afford you favorable relief. My Wife’s God Daughter has MS. You, also, will be in my most private of thoughts. Stay positive, safe, and be as well as possible…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

This is all totally vent worthy. I hope you’re feeling tip-top again soon.

15 Likes

So sorry you’re going through all this.
I was just wondering where you had been! :thinking:
I hope things turn around for you and they find the right meds to give you relief.
The tomato varieties are doing fabulous ! The melons, too! So excited for harvest!:yum:

Hope things g get better soon !:two_hearts::v:

13 Likes

vent away ¡ feel our support back at you.
hopefully your dr will get in touch soon to let you know what all that means and can help you get better¡

9 Likes

I hope your health improvements continue, sorry you are going through all that. Sending you much positive vibes and strength.

9 Likes

I am so sorry to hear you have been going through this @BeeLady, thank you for giving us an update on your condition, I had been worried about you after your post three weeks ago. I hope you get stabilized and back to feeling as normal as possible as soon as possible. :v:

9 Likes

I was wondering what was up, hadn’t seen you around.

I’m sorry that you had to experience this, I’ll be thinking of you @BeeLady, hope you feel better soon!

4 Likes

Hey @BeeLady sorry to hear what you’ve been through! Thanks for the update though! We tend to worry about our fellow OGs after breaks/an absence. Hope you are feeling better and getting back to yourself! :green_heart:
Love & Light
☆DJSF

8 Likes

I hope you are getting your legs under you better now. I, too, will keep you in my prayers. :pray:

8 Likes

Sounds like a scary situation. Positive vibes to you and the universe. Hope things come back around for ya.

6 Likes

Well I’m doing better today. Still have blind spot in my left eye. Thank god for grocery carts. Lol. Went shopping. Balance still a bit wonky. Got my truck back. Runs great now. I can drive with no issues it’s the walking lol. Can’t work in garden just yet. But some of my perennial plants came up. I love these flowers

22 Likes

Lovely flowers!!

3 Likes

Thank you. Started them from seed 3 years ago. They come back every year

18 Likes

Did they keep you on the same medicine? Payers and vibes sent your way. Getting old is not for sissies. Thanks for letting us know! peace

6 Likes

no i took myself off it i literally could have died… ugh… I’m going on a 2 times a year infusion… ocrevus… really hate to take any meds but you know… ugh…

8 Likes

it does not help that the company the neuro works for changed to a new format so apparently he was no getting my messages… so the steroids I could have been taking… would h ave made this go away much faster… . not to mention… i am feeling better… but my left eye still has issues… will keep ya all updated…

9 Likes

Good luck with your recovery sister…

4 Likes

Take care :pray: .
The mint is doing great BTW. :slight_smile:

2 Likes