Next Octopot run: OHGA , Gorilla Glue 4 JW cut, getting set up

Do not have a Mom of OHGA nor taken any cuts of her. Need to do that today.

See my OHGA seeds have given others problems with germ rates. So figured I would do a test run of 10 more here. When I did the one I have now, I threw down 8 or 10 seeds, the DAY I took the plant down, lol, no cure on the seeds. 1/2 came up and the one running now in my Octo is a female from that seed run.
I always soak seeds for 18 hours in water before planting, see most here do not SO

This time, 10 OHGA’s down, NO SOAK, then my normal germ method, coco in the seed starter kit, with a heat mat under them .

See if I have a low rate now, a good month after taking them from the buds. Hate to sen out seeds with poor rates, but they ones I got up were all 100% and the female in the Octopot now is kicking some ass !!!

5 Likes

Mine are all healthy little ones

I find fresh seeds don’t need to be soaked

They usually crack just by looking at them lol
That being said I soaked mine for 24 hours lol

5 Likes

So you had a good germ rate on them then???

3 Likes

10 OHGA’s ready to go into the coco, no soak. I picked the lightest ones too, for a REAL TEST run.

12 Likes

I only cracked 4 all came up but 1 died

4 Likes

So, 10 OHGA’s placed in here, NO SOAK this time, 1st time I have done no soak in 20 years!!! lol

12/11 seeds placed

Pulled 2 cuts off of OHGA in the Octopot for a MOM

GG4 in Octo:

OHGA in Octo:

Orange Goji Pheno 2 (still F1) in Octo :

Amnesia Haze in Octo:

The 3 GG4’s to be pollinated :slight_smile:

Cuts placed 12/11 :

When my last big run was going, Orange Goji(Razor) broke a branch off about week 7 or so. Took it inot my upstairs wet bar, left it on the counter…forgot all about it. Been 6 weeks maybe??? Found it today:

May have to change up my dry/cure routine!! This lil bud REEKS of ORANGE 7 UP!!! WOW!!!

@50State

Note to self:: 2 seeds were planted way too deep. Was too lazy to dig them up and start over, so not expecting them to show. When the others show, if they have not, I will dig down into the coco and help them a bit.

18 Likes

Died because it was weak, or had an accident, or you caused it??? lol

4 Likes

My next plan is OMG.

Space Monkey male X Orange Glue female( GG4 JW cut X 50states Orange Goji male pollen )

Got the S.M. Gonna make the Orange Glue this run right here.

Then hit the Orange Glue with Space Monkey

Gonna call the 3 way cross…Orange Monkey Glue…or OMG!

I like it, think it will have a chance of kicking some ass. 50 says the S.M is all that, I trust his judgement 110%.

10 Likes

Well we can say a bit of each or just chalk it up to shit happens

3 Likes

OMG love the name lol sounds like :fire:

3 Likes

quote=“Jetdro, post:308, topic:24695”]
My next plan is OMG.

Space Monkey male X Orange Glue female( GG4 JW cut X 50states Orange Goji male pollen )

Got the S.M. Gonna make the Orange Glue this run right here.

Then hit the Orange Glue with Space Monkey

Gonna call the 3 way cross…Orange Monkey Glue…or OMG!
[/quote]

This is going to fkn AWESOME haha…

It sounds…

Beautiful…

K.

6 Likes

I think so too. That is the plan anyways. I will know soon. Orange Goji kills, same basic Dad was used in my OHGA .
IF OHGA kills it(looking like she will) then it tells me the male OG was a great stud.

GG4 has power and looks, OG will add in size and vigor, SM shall bring the FUNK!!!

I HOPE…lMAO!!!

6 Likes

Jet… there is a direct correlation between seed color and seed hardness. The darker the seed the harder the coating is.
Dark colored seeds are quite viable and may need their hulls scarred up w/some fine sandpaper to rub off some of the germination inhibitor layer that can cause seeds to NOT germinate, then soaked to allow the seed to absorb water to aid in their germination.

Light brown/tan seeds will be viable and may not need to be scarred and but most lighter colored seeds may not germinate due to being immature.

9 Likes

I’m late to this party as usual but glad I found it. Fantastic growing @Jetdro!!!

3 Likes

What do you think of the 10 I posted…they were the lightest, none really DARK DARK.
They went a full 7 weeks in the plant!!!
@DesertGrown

5 Likes

Those seeds look fine to me, Jet.

The “lighter” colored ones I was actually talking about that may be too immature are almost white or green. Because they are so light colored, they normally have a softer hull and may not be viable. However, that does not necessarily mean that some won’t germinate and grow to be productive plants.

I’m not knocking your seeds bro… just giving out some seed info regarding what you guys were talking about earlier today.

8 Likes

@50State Orange Goji, courtesy of @Jetdro

Won’t be long before I start seeing some real leaves forming :slight_smile:

13 Likes

6/6 all healthy ? Any OHGA’s put down ?
With 6 OG’s you will find a winner! Gonna make F2’s or just run the ladies???
Where is your thread with these, looked today, did not see it???
@Howard.Crane

4 Likes

OHGA update 4 up out of 10

6 Likes

Bummer, but I do not think it was your fault. We will see in a few days how mine germ. 4 will give you a run at her however, gonna run em??

2 Likes