Next Octopot run: OHGA , Gorilla Glue 4 JW cut, getting set up

Grow is lookin fookin great. :peace:

I have a couple laptops is sad shape.

It is a cheap 42 inch TV set…Heisense …bet it just blew out .

Your run looks great too man!

1 Like

Do you think this run is finishing quicker , than the last ???
With the 1/2/5

2 Likes

Yes, it absolutely is finishing faster @ifish

2 Likes

Nice fade and frosty looking budz… glad to hear the Jacks is working out for you.

Yes i think it is time for you to get a new monitor bro lol… that blue is out of control.

Gonna be some tasty treats!

2 Likes

I love when the leaves start getting that gradient from tip to base and outside in during the fade. Nicely done :smile:

2 Likes

New Mom cuts doing well

Random from day 60 of flower :

14 Likes

I don’t see anything in your grow as random, Jet… it’s much more intentional than that!

Damn dude, your plants are glistening, even in low light, I’ll bet!
You’re on your way to professor status!

5 Likes

Took off 2 little buds of GG4 a few days ago, to see if they had seeds, and to test the smoke.

NO SEEDS seen in these 2 little Buds!!! ARGH!!!

I have never grown GG4 before, but have had it at 3 or 4 disp’s, and have had some gifted to me. This sample, even only 3 or 4 days on a shelf, has the unmistakable Gorilla Glue taste. Although I cannot describe it, I never can very well, it is certainly a strong flavor, to me, and I realize I am in the minority, but I actually like it. Hint of green in it still, but for 4 day shelf Bud, you probably would not peg it as such! Leaves a lingering taste in my mouth and a smell in my nose.

Going to be stupid stupid strong with a cure. Huge head rush on 3rd hit from my little Protopipe, really good BUZZ going now after 5 -6 good hits, I need no more. Going to be just crushed if there are no seeds in the 2 plants I hit!!! Looks like the pollen was not good. Strange cause pistils wilted hours after hitting, plants look prego! These 2 buds, one from each of the 2 plants I painted, had no seeds , and nothing had ever started. So, looking like I’m gonna need to be super lucky to find the GG4/OG seeds in these 2 plants I dusted.

The GG4, can see in my last pics, is beautiful, dense, hard, covered, but the plant never stacked, never made a running Bud, only made mid sized Buds all over. They are like I say, hard n dense, and beautiful, but do not think the weight is there. Certainly not in the realm of OHGA behind her or Amnesia Haze to her right. She rolls buds just like Amnesia Haze, VERY similiar, but the AH’s, when grown well, will stack and become nice sized colas , quite larger than the 4’s. The 4’s are ROCK HARD n dense however, more dense than the AH gets. Super stupid sticky, also nothing to trim, will be snap off buds, snip snip, done.

12 Likes

Thanks S! Hard by myself to get good shots of them. They are so well covered the flash on the cam makes it just glow, shots taken under the HPS, even with my filter do not show it correctly. Here, I turned off the HPS, but then room is dark, lol, trying with a hand held flashlight and camera flash, still hard to get good shots. Under the HPS I can see no color, when it is off, and any light brought to them, the colors pop out. They actually are quite colored up, saw that today when I flipped the HPS off.

My game got better with my good clean soil mix. Then G.A. turns me on to TVF/TTF for veg nutes. The Octopot was another huge step up, and allows me to just watch the plant, not worry about all the other shit, octo’s got it. Then Fish makes friends, 'splains NPK to me in a NEW way , and got me going on a slightly different path. Start to experiment, cause I got the soil down, got the Veg nutes down, but didn’t feel I had my best product some how.

With known killer soil mix, killer veg nutes, Gavita DE HPS, and the Octopots shaming any soft pot, I started to play with flower nutes. Saw/see way too many GREEN leafy harvests. Mine were same, looked great to the average eye, but to a well trained eye(ifish) they were like 80 percent of the grows I saw. Too green, little fade if any, Buds not as dense as could be, taste/smell good but not over the top. When fish laid out the forward growing concept to me, and I started to listen, and let it sink in, it made some sense. I had all the bases covered, knew what I had been growing for 4 decades, figured WTF not…since all my parameters are well covered, I would be able to see the changes it made real easy…real easy! Dove in. Saw results, we talked about it, I tried tweaking this, then that…watching the plant and having a mentor on forward growing from @ifish made it much easier .

To save a long boring story…as it turns out…WHERE I LIVE…on my street…WITH MY SOIL , my Octopots, under a Gavita DE HPS light system…SLOW N STEADY PPM, slow and steady forward momentum, plant never having big ups n downs, and using the proper RATIO’s of NPK at the proper time during flowering upped my game 5 fold !!! I learned to read the plant, not nutrient ad’s , watch the grow instead of worry about other shit, and let the plants SHOW ME what they really want. I owe it to Fishy for the 150 % great advise he gave me , and the hours and hours of talks working it all out.

For the geeks…LMAO…Turns out, at least in the set up I run right now, with my conditions, I can sort of control the plant and how I want them to perform. You know, to a degree. With KNOWN to me genetics, I appear maybe(shall see for sure next run of these ladies) to be able to speed up or slow down the flowering process. This run now, as compared to my last run, is finishing much much faster. Same plants, same conditions, only NPK ratio and timing changed. Seems by altering the P and K ratios, not PPM amounts, we can influence when they want to get serious on making buds, and when they want to finish. Cannot call it yet, cause 2 runs does not make science, lol, but watching it happen is really really cool. Will take maybe 2 or 3 runs more to really nail it down, but as of right now, I feel, at least for these 3 strains (not counting GG4, she did not grow right for whatever reason, or did and Im jaded ) I am getting real close.

7 Likes

Your a good friend jetdro : )

4 Likes

6OHGA

Looks female to me 2 males out of 34 don’t think there will be any more at least a Lui male to

10 Likes

Yeah @ifish … he’s pretty cool for a Texan!

4 Likes

Nice leaf shape there, more to the Amnesia Haze side for sure !!! Got a better pic ???

I’ll try later when I’m out there was that the one you were hoping to find ? They’ve been shuffled and lost track of it .

YES…certainly an Amnesia Haze leaner…you shall be very happy !!!

1 Like

She’s been a bit finicky not liking the menu but starting to get used to it now .

1 Like

Here she is very strong, roots quick, seems to like everything…

Got a really nice orange sunshine monster growth .

7 Likes

14 Likes