Nextlight veg 8 in my new vivosun 4'x2'x5'

Ooops i didn’t get the memo. Ha! Ha! I believe it depends on your intentions and goals. :grin:

2 Likes

Are you growing something else in the soil?

I used a flushing additive to hopefully clean my soil out and haven’t watered them near as much. Hopefully that additive does the trick and I can get a normal feeding schedule for them. I was just feeding them with every water I didn’t realize that wasn’t a good thing to do until I had problems. Any suggestions on a feeding schedule for the 3 part emerald harvest nutrients?

I cleaned all the leaf that I had trimmed not for any particular reason. Just like to keep my area somewhat clean. I cleaned it up after I took pics.

There are beans and mallow growing in the pot. I would advise following the directions for the nutrients until you know your strain and the nutrients well.

1 Like

These amounts are per week not per watering.

1 Like

I don’t dislike anything about it just not sure what strain it is. A buddy gave me a bag seed. He said it could be WIFI OG or gg#4. Hopefully I can get enough information to know about how long to flower. This is the same plant now.

1 Like

That’s the problem it’s hard for me to tell if they need fed or not. The only signs that I’ve seen were signs I was feeding and watering too much. Any help on what to look for if they need fed would be appreciated.

1 Like

Do you see the dark green on the fan leaves and the emerald on the new growth? When the emerald green turns dark i back off feeding nitrogen. (grow formula)

The more often you grow the more clues you will see the plant giving you. It just takes time and repetition.

3 Likes

Ok thanks I think I can follow that better than just guessing. lol I will have some new pics tonight I’m hoping I that I am back on track.

1 Like

Here are the 5 week pics for the photos and 5 days for the auto Candy Cane.

4 Likes

Quick update they are looking better with each day.

4 Likes

Update week 7 vegging the regular girls. And 3 weeks for the Auto candycanes. They are coming along great I have been LST the regular girls so I can keep them under control while I am waiting for the autos to be harvested. The autos are in the big pots. I figured by the time they are ready to harvest I will have some decent sized regular girls. Then I’ll 12/12 them and see how things go.

3 Likes

I am not sure if this is a bad thing but the inner leaves are a lighter green than the rest of them. Should I give them something for that? You can see a couple of them in the pic above there are more under the canopy

I believe the ones under the canopy naturally fade due to lack of light nothing to worry about in my opinion, keep an eye out if it spreads up the plant though it could be a N,P,K,Mg, ZN ( mobile nutrients) deficiency

1 Like

Try looking again with the LEDs off and see if you can still notice. Often times I would notice the blue/red tends to accent the lighter stuff making it look more yellow than it actually is. Even my COBs (3500K) make my plants look more yellow than they are.

you can try using stakes ties etc to spread open the plant or selectively remove some fan leaves that are blocking spots so they can get some light and grow

Am I just paranoid or are the leaves under the canopy off color?

3 Likes

While I was LST I had a limb break off. I took N Foliar spray along with emerald harvest’s root wizard sprayed the soil and the “clone” and stuck in in the soil. It has been almost a week and it has new growth. Is there a chance it will take root without any rooting agent?

The fems are 8.5 weeks old and the autos are 30 days. I mess up and forgot to set the timer on my heater which made one main limb completely dry up and die. So I removed all the dead which was close to 90% of it. As far as I know all I can do is wait and see. Either way I think I might have gotten a cutting to take from it with out any rooting hormones. It’s been in the ground for 5 days and has countined to show new growth so I’m hoping for the best. One of the girls looks pretty bare since I had to do some defoliation. The third pic is of the cutting that I’m hoping makes it.

1 Like