Nextlight veg 8 in my new vivosun 4'x2'x5'

sounds like you just might have been successful. do you like the nextlight veg 8 ? are you going to be flowering with it?

I swapped the nextlight for a 600watt bloomspect full spectrum at about 4 weeks. The next was at 1600 at 18” where the bloomspect is about 700. I kinda wish I would have kept it now since I have fem vegging next to Autos. I decided it’s probably best to keep the 18/6 until the autos are done then switch to 12/12 for the giant fem plants. I am really happy with the bloomspect though it did what it was advertised.

1 Like

I’m at 11 days into flowering so far only one is showing flowers. Idk what’s going on hopefully I get some flowers soon though.

4 Likes

If you aren’t seeing flowers, check for light leaks in your tent. Even the tiniest bit of light, like an LED on a fan can delay flowering. Spoken from experience here. Those tents usually aren’t 100% light tight and that could be an issue.

4 Likes

If there is any light, it bounces around the inside of a tin foil forest. :fearful:

I have a vertical fan with a pair of nasty blue led lights on the front. A business card flap covers them just fine.

2 Likes

There is some interesting show’s go’n on :mega: Nice pics n setup! :smiley:
Keep that way posting :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

I’m at day 36 of flowering and the only one that has decent sized buds is the auto Candycane. The other 3 that we’re supposed to be autos didn’t auto flower. They started showing flowers around the same time as the only photo in the tent.

2 Likes

that’s 190w fixture in a 4x2 gives you 23.75 watts per sqf. it’s a little on the low side but still should produce some decent buds!! here are PAR ratings at 12" and 24" - they seem decent for veg but a little low for flowering - only 365 right in the middle. i’d probably have that lamp as close as i could get - like 6" away if possible for flowering

I switched to a bloomspect 600 watt. Thanks though

1 Like

oh sorry now i feel dumb :joy:

I am terrible at being able to tell if the tricombs look clear of what.
Day 39 the only auto flowering girl that flowered by herself is looking pretty good. The othe 3 that were supposed to be autos have started putting the weight on the past couple days. The gorilla glue is about the same as them

2 Likes

How did you come up with those figures on the nextlight wattage? I’d like to figure out what the bloomspect is giving.

i took them off the nextlight website. i’ll try to find bloomspect stats

Cool I hope the bloomspect gives me some good quality nugs.

I found this image showing PAR probably directly under the light. doesn’t show numbers for a 4x4 area or anything

1 Like

actual power draw is 268 watts so i guess you’d get around 268 grams give or take an ounce or 2, obviously strain dependent. the manufacturer suggests it will cover a 2x2 area @ 24" hanging height

That’s good I have been looking around and I think I want to try to build one. Have you ever tried?

tried what? i built a PCB fixture with quantum boards but it’s not difficult at all, it’s basically like ordering a disassembled grow light and you just screw it together and run a couple wires, it’s all very simple and straightforward and all you need is a screw driver (wire strippers help but not necessary)

COB fixtures are a little more intensive to build but it’s all the same principle, there’s just more components to assemble, but they also sell complete kits for COBs which include all components. it’s like building something from ikea, you just follow the steps.

1 Like

Building a led light my bad.

If you flash a small led flashlight onto the trichomes, they glisten, and after a while they don’t glisten so brightly.

2 Likes