Nigerian Haze ~f1 isolation/preservation Project

The Outback haze of Dwight’s are in the top 5 I have ever had. I know Nevil sent him a large breeder pack and he selected it down to 6 I think.

I am fairly sure Nevil selected to the male A as he knew it. There is no comparison that can be drawn between those selections and the A5t that is in so much.

We can only quess at what exactly is in most of these, but if they are the same males used, they are selected very different by Nevil then by others.

If you have the opportunity to get anything from him I would. He mostly makes various outcrosses using the Outback females, but it is certainly worth reaching out…very unique to the other hazes out there and the final make from the guy who got it all started. Dwight is a really good guy too.

7 Likes

How’s it going over where you’re at, @StoneGuru ?

I F2d JJs African Silk (AH#11 x Nigerian Haze F2). Going through a bunch of them now in veg and a couple in flower. I’m sure you’ve had Bronson AH cut as well as the NHz breeders from piffcon. Great potency on the moms used, tho one had a longer high. The other was a bit heavier but carried incense terps like no other.

The plan is to find progeny that brings out the soapy, meaty/savory, and incense traits the parents had. Also hope to tap into some grandparents (malawi Gold, 5hz, and silk). Any suggestions?

Great thread.

13 Likes

African Silk F2s about 1 week ago.

18 Likes

African Silk moms used for the F2.

1 mom looked like the NHz (shorter, well branches, more NLD, purple traits, incense, musk…“Piff”, more head and body effects)

1 mom looked like the AH#11 (tall, green, savory/soapy, more heady)

16 Likes

the way you describe those traits is really SE asian with the soapy meaty savory. always wonder if it the thai is in there somehow making all this stuff above and beyond. Thanks for sharing your findings.

4 Likes

African Silk F2 at 65 days. Day 68/69 today, almost there. Expecting this to run 75-80 days.

Purple traits throughout, smells like savory liver and soapy Piff. Can’t wait to try this one. Will let her reveg for round 2.

20 Likes

I haven’t updated for awhile, but this project is going outstanding!! The Original Nigerian Haze are very high quality and part of a larger haze project finishing by July 4th.

It will include recombination of all of my best finds over the years from thousands total along with other legends.

I have never grow a more intoxicating tent in my 30 years growing. All I do is hunt so some keepers have never even been rerun, just held over in the library. Now almost all of them at once!.

The first original Nigerian Haze f2 seed was pulled yesterday, but this project has become even more exciting!

A friend actually had an original pack of JJ’s Nigerian F1. The make that came right from Nevil’s pre- 90 seed release of 5haze. This would be the earliest verified make of The Seed Bank original release. The one that made it all. Right back to the trunk.

Technically is was a Sensi Seed pack JJ found the male in, but it was the original pack which was repacked Nevil’s TSB seed when he was being held on bail.

These are very old seed from very old seed so we will see…

The Nigerian haze in this project is JJ’s selection of JJ’s Nigerian to original haze. The same cut everything else is based off as far as I know.

If these germinate they will be siblings to that cut at open up whole knew potentials.:crossed_fingers::pray::v:3405 3406

The

26 Likes

GLG just dropped some Nigerian Haze crosses including to stardawg and black haze and a5. Too much money for me when I already have the big sur nigerian.

7 Likes

Those are all significantly different lines and origins. How is the Big Sur though?

4 Likes

I haven’t started growing it yet but it is next up very soon.

1 Like

Pardon my correction

But i believe its spelled Dwight Diotte

3 Likes

Definitely interested in these. Thanks for the update

3 Likes

Good to see you around, glad you and J. are working together.

4 Likes

Hey Fellas! Thanks for the interest and support. I am very very excited about these as well. It’s the culmination of everything so far. Many years. There are only a couple combinations I didn’t make and it was just a timing thing.

Also thank you for the correction on Dwight’s name. Not many of the Outback Haze #8 x Silk S were made, but it is an honor to have my lifes work toward Nevil’s original release meet up with Dwights selection of Nevil’s final make.

I will run them, but it’ll be his show on where the seed and or selections become available.:pray::v:

12 Likes

Yeah my buddy got some outback haze crosses, or maybe just one, I have no idea how you guys meet Dwight lol but he seems like a cool dude. Sent a postcard of Saint Mary in front of a haloed weed leaf

4 Likes

Very cool, man.
Looking forward to your work.

1 Like

Def need to be up on this. DD speaks highly of the Owlhead Haze and the Outback. Curious to see where a cross with the Nigerian Silk goes.

2 Likes

I have grown the f2 of his NL x Outback. It was phenomenal. D will have the right of way on the availability of Silk S x Outback used in breeding projects, but I will be growing the testers on a thread to document.

His Outback haze selection is incredibly potent. Him and Nevil went back and forth a lot in the selection of his 40-50 hunt.

Every recombination of the 4-5 keepers was made for preservation, but I think the #8 used here is D’s personal favorite.

The Male selected for this Nigerian haze preservation was definitely Nevil’s dominant and only once removed from the pre-90 TSB pack.

The 2 females were 2 different synergistic combinations of Nigerian Silk and Original haze with some Nevil’s still present.

Both were stable which is an important factor since Nigerian Silk can be somewhat unstable in late flower.

13 Likes