Ninja Creami?

Ok, so I got a cool new toy for Christmas, a Ninja Creami! Two days ago I didn’t know this thing existed (I’ve heard of the Ninja Foodi though). Anyway, my girl knows I love my chocolate milk and ice cream. So when they went on sale at her work, she snagged one.

NEVER made ice cream in my life, much less infuse it. (of course, that was the first thought I had, Cannabis Infused Ice Cream!!).

So… Does anyone here have a Ninja Creami? Perhaps some recipes for using infused products / what to infuse for use in it? I have a nice jar of coconut oil thats been infused here, but NONE of the recipes call for coconut oil (or butter or any other oils) that I have read so far. I’ve briefly read about infusing heavy cream (its in some recipes), many recipes call for cream cheese as the base.

Who’s got my next favorite recipe???

6 Likes

One thing that jumps out at me is that most of the recipes call for flavored extracts like vanilla, mint, rum etc… those are just tinctures with the flavors infused into the alcohol. I’m not sure how many milligrams of THC you can actually get into a teaspoon or so of alcohol, though. :wink: Might not be practical. If you’re going to try infusing the cream cheese, heavy cream or whole milk that they call for in the base recipe it should be possible to mix in some cannabis extract, whether you call that hash or RSO or Ishmael… though I expect lecithin would be necessary to get it to blend evenly. A tablespoon of cream cheese probably isn’t enough to work with any more than a teaspoon of alcohol, so the 1 3/4 cups cream/whole milk seem like the way to go. Maybe mix them together, heat up your hash just enough to get it slightly liquid again and add that with two tablespoons of lecithin? I prefer sunflower since it’s milder-tasting and doesn’t smell; soy will work too, but it’s not like you need to add preservatives to your infused ice cream. It’ll be gone pretty soon anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve done it by simmering in milk but not cream. It’s probably worth a try.

3 Likes

I had a feeling I would hear from you on this topic :rofl:

They all call for extracts, lol pretty much every one you listed I saw… Didn’t think of that. What if you were to infuse the extracts with straight RSO or hash (preferably the RSO, as its got no solids). Hmm… Don’t make me buy a whole dang chemistry kit to start distilling! I have bad memories of fireballs and green dragon!

I do have sunflower lecithin here, bought it when I borrowed the magic butter from a neighbor to make coconut oil, so YAY! finally have an oddball ingredient actually ON hand!

Gonna have to research more on infusing it into milk / cream products. I would think the extra fats in cream might help with the infusion vs milk, or 2%… But I digress, I am no cook, well not unless it involves a grill… I’d rather not experiment as much as use known techniques (lord knows how experiments go for us uninitiated!)…

I’ve seen canna infused ice cream too, but if they are making bigger batches, I guess infusion into the extracts they use is easier as well at their scale…

2 Likes

Even with RSO, I’m just not sure how much you could actually dissolve into the alcohol. Either way, it’s going to end up binding with the fats in the cream and milk, it’s just about how you get it there… RSO liquefies pretty nicely when you heat it up again, and as @Foreigner said I’ve seen recipes for infused milk that just involved simmering bud in milk rather than in butter. The lecithin helps but probably wouldn’t even be necessary, just makes it blend a bit more smoothly. Since there isn’t much else in the final product other than milk and cream, I wouldn’t think you’d want to push the limits on how much you could actually infuse into it. Personally I’d be ready to just give it a try and see what happens, if I had a little spare RSO and an ice cream maker… but research certainly won’t hurt you either. I do have some poisonous isopropyl tincture sitting in my closet waiting for me to turn into RSO, I guess I could get off my ass and get that done… though my distillation kit is giving me agita lately, all the reclaimed alcohol that comes out is faintly greenish-yellow as if the chlorophyll is somehow boiling off with the alcohol. Pretty sure I’m not getting the solution to 1100C or whatever the boiling point of chlorophyll is, though, so I’m not sure what’s going wrong.

1 Like

If it were me I would use Green Dragon tincture to infuse it. :wink:

1 Like

You would be better off making Cannabis caramel sauce and just drizzle the stuff onto your ice cream. It will stiffen up when it’s cooler on the ice-cream

Otherwise the cold & fats will bind with the Cannabis and likely not be amazing end result. @Nagel420

Recipe: https://www.cannadish.net/weed-infused-salted-caramel-sauce/

3 Likes

Can you add food flavoring to the GD?

I don’t see why not, I use them in my hard candies.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!!