Nirvana seeds reviews

www.nirvanashop.com for good brands !

1 Like

They are and always have been a mid-rate f2 knock-off shop.

-b420

3 Likes

I’ve heard pretty bad things about Nirvana, specially in the original OG, nobody liked Gypsy back then, they could probably have improved or something, but this thread was specially for @Baudelaire’s genetics. Please go to the other thread “Seedbanks who can we trust” thanks @shroomgod, i know you didn’t mean anything by it.

HppHrvst

1 Like

Nirvana and Gypsy Nirvana two different entities. Neither worth spending much time on IMO.

Plenty of folks have grown good bud on Nirvana seeds. But they and Dutch Passion were the original knock-off seed mongers, providing nothing but mass-produced knock-offs of other original breeders’ work, with little selection and even less concern for integrity of results. These days there are legions of knock-off seed makers doing the same, but Nirvana and DP “pioneered” the idea. Growers are free to choose where to source their genetics, but buying open-room pollinated f2 seed of F1 hybrids is the same as buying a Volkswagen, slapping a mercedes ornament on it and calling it a Mercedes. They will likely be disappointed in the result.

-b420

6 Likes

I grew out a Nirvana Papaya, feminized, this year when I was getting back into growing and my choices were, shall we say, limited. Guess I’ll review it :slight_smile:

The plant was extremely easy to grow, traditional indica structure, not at all fussy with feeding. I spent most of flowering waiting for the buds to chunk up, but they never really did. Furthermore, the plant – fortunately towards the very end of flowering – put out some nanners: hooray, my very first hermaphrodite! I culled its clones soon after harvest. Oh, also a nightmare to trim.

Smoke is actually pretty okay, albeit a bit harsh. It’s silly fun followed by wanting to take a nap.

I ordered some other Nirvana beans at the start of the year, too, primarily because they’ve been around for many moons and I didn’t know what vendors I could trust. They’re also the first beans I grew as a youngster, if I remember correctly, and I was amazed at the results!

… until I got some better seeds. I got some of BOG’s Bogglegum, and loved it. Kali Mist from Serious Seeds? Blew my mind. Split a pack of Hash Plant from Sensi, and although I could never get the buds to chunk up, my trimming scissors are still sticky from the resin of that plant, and that was in 2004!

I’m not trying to poop-talk them entirely: they offer fairly good seeds at fairly good prices, and if that’s what someone can afford, then I’m still going to give a tip of my hat to a fellow grower and wish them the best of luck. There are, on the other hand, breeders out there who slave over their prize plants, cull hundreds of others looking for that glimmer of magic, and spend decades refining a strain until it is a thing of legend. Beans like that are going to be more expensive, but (usually) you get what you pay for.

(edit: no idea why this was at the top of my feed, did not mean to bump a month-old thread :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

That’s because they split the subject into two different threads… LOL

1 Like