NL#5 sources worth mentioning?

So what about the NL#5, any of you guys sources worth mentioning?

2 Likes

Doesn’t Peak Seeds sell that one? Or maybe rob at Deep Ellum seeds. I can’t remember for sure now.

4 Likes

@GMan yes deep ellum seed co is a great source for the NL5. I also know rob and Dr.Dank are cooking up some new things in there lab also, and they are looking perfect :ok_hand:t3: @deep_rob May have more of the low down than I at the moment. Have a blessed evening my friends

8 Likes

Deep Ellium, for sure. I won some on one of Rob’s Giveaways. Dumb me, traded them away!!! Karma will bring it back someday. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Good to know, info that is very good to know. Though I’m not sure why I haven’t just asked @anon5325009 this months ago :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

AKBB has an NL5 and several crosses:

Empyrean seems to have spent a good amount of time selecting for NL5:

8 Likes

The thing here and i think the question is more based at what is the actual nl#5 that made the mark? Where did it come from. All these breeders are using different cuts off of completely different bred strains being called nl#5. So what is the original nl#5 ? Who was its breeder? Not who has bought a random nl#5 labeled seed from any number of sources available now. Im talking too much.

Dont mean to stir anything but someone here has to know what nl#5 is the one that made the name? Got recognized
I see a lot of circle spinning on google and no solid info on what actual nl is the nl we potheads seek.

3 Likes

I do see a lot of stay away from this one its trash or not the real deal. But i dont see what cut to actually look for. Like i said theres 1000 spinoffs and recreations available none ive seen with a solid review.

NL5 is ancient, relatively. Remembering, finding, and verifying traceability to the original is a challenge.

Here’s some more info on Empyrean.
https://www.instagram.com/empyreanseeds/

Some talk on the 89 NL5:

4 Likes

Todd McCormick at Ag Seed Co. is doing a F2 run of original Northern Lights #5 seed that he got directly from Greg McAllister. It is supposed to be ready to ship in April. I pre-ordered some… I think Todd is on here, so I’ll let him chime in.

5 Likes

Yeah i agree hard to trace. Like now we run what we get we keep track of cuts and know which cuts we use in any breeding its hard to find someone using the cut even crossing it out if theres no actual known marked cut.

Im trying my first nl #5 cross i bought. Cant say i ever even had nl. But after i bought it i tried looking up the cuts used and big blanks. Tried looking up what the good cuts are. Big blanks.

Probably AK would be a source to ask. I think he’s had all of his stock over 30 years. He may know more about the source. And Todd of course.

4 Likes

There’s two “NL5”

The absolute original is Greg McAlister’s, him and his friends or fellow growers in the PNW created all 11 of the original Northern Lights lines. “US5” would be the original NL5.

Then you have Nevil’s Northern Lights lines, from The Seed Bank that nevil created by taking the clones and/or seeds from Greg and breeding/backcrossing. This is usually the one people think of when they think of NL5 and this stuff is hard to come by. Most the originals were lost in raid’s, if anyone has cuts from back then they’re keeping them close.

There are some cuts of Nevil’s NL5Haze, like Cough, but I haven’t heard of one from the other NL lines.

I’m also in on the pre-order for F2’s of Greg’s NL5 from Todd, that should be circa ~late 70’s NL5 if I remember his story correctly. I don’t know of anyone else with a closer line but if someone does, please share it :joy::+1:

8 Likes

I also am serching for Nl5, I am thinking of maybe getting as many different as i can and crossing them all to each other lol

I know this doesn’t help, but The one I just got as a clone was just labeled northern lights, no number :man_shrugging:t2:. I’m thinking It likely came from JOTI since the store I went to had several of their strains. Jordan’s describes theirs as a line they’ve worked for 20 generations, but not what it started from.
https://jordanoftheislands.ca/product/northern-lights/

2 Likes

my names on that lol part of the plan

Hoping Rob chimes in here with more depth, @deep_rob and dr.dank used seed bank of holland gear and created IBL’s. They are as close to we will get from @ToddMcC nl5 from Greg. IMO

1 Like

Pulling up a :chair: for this one

2 Likes

Not spilling any beans?

Edit: I totally meant that as secret :joy: