No more cheap seeds for me

I agree anything by Bodhi is a slam dunk, but GPS and joti have some really good strains that are reasonably priced. I think it’s all about the skill of the breeder and quality of their stock.

7 Likes

Yep, ive learned the same lesson enough to invest in quality - because honestly, this is an investment in your medicine!!!

3 Likes

My experience has led to me to learn to invest in the time to research who your getting it from and what they can do.

In today’s market there’s too many pollen chuckers just selfing and crossing elites with no selections or testing what so ever. Even worse is they find one photogenic plant and use that to sell the seeds for stupid high prices

4 Likes

What is GLG?

2 Likes

Nevermind, I looked it up…Great lakes genetics. I’ve heard of them, out of Michigan…I’ll definitely check’em out…thanks yo!

4 Likes

Also make sure to check out BOGs gear, he’s a sponsor and you can order direct through him. We just had a group buy through him.

7 Likes

Amazing seed company. You will not regret ANY purchase.

On time and tracked. :+1:

3 Likes

I think you summed it up with your post. You absolutely read my mind about all the new hype strains.

3 Likes

Its all breeder not price.s Soak n beans is mostly cost friendly and if you include freebies your price per seed is pretty darn low. Even jordan of the island. 2 packs for 60 maple bucks. I would put either of these two places in a bang for your buck grow contest any day. Just have to find that breeder.

*I’m not against expensive packs. I own a few. Free market rules

5 Likes

You plan to veg them in those 2 gallon fabric pots for 2 to 3 months? It looks like you’re training for a SCROG, so I’m guessing that plant height won’t be an issue, but do you plan to up-pot them into larger containers? Transplanting from a fabric pot is a major PITA unless you plan to cut it away. I’m too cheap to cut them off, so I wait for the final up-pot / transplant to put them into fabric pots.

Also - are these femenized?

2 Likes

Cheap seeds its an issue well iv paid 100 tor 10 and they had poor germ ratios and some time poor quality and then again iv had winners with 100 plus breeders Ok that being said Some on the best weed I’ve ever grown was from 30 to 50 a pack of 10
So it all about the breeder and there commitment to the plant and there craft
People like Sannies, and our own @santero, Mota greenrebelfarms, indy sinister seeds, Escobar, whatz up and as of now that I’ve been here a while I’ve seen some of our own members and I can’t wait to grow out there work Like @lefthandseeds, baked beans, and many more that I’ve now got in the vault
Hell @Bigun , and the recently band for 1000 years jedtho all made some killer crosses

Point being if you can afford to spend big money on seeds well its like buying a fine bottle of wine we don’t do it all the time , but don’t pass by gems that are right under your nose
Paps

5 Likes

The $2 fems from Oaseeds in Spain are mostly outstanding. Sure, I have had a few duds, but the germ rate is over 90% and the genetics have been great so far. They are mentioned in the thread…“seedbanks, who can we trust” here on OG.

My biggest dissapointment was a batch from Northwest Pacific Roots. Got them for $75 a pk which was 50% off, and only had a 50% germination rate.+ 2 of the seedlings fell over and died when they broke ground. The remaining seedling was a girl and flowered…the finished product was just meh imo.

6 Likes

I actually veg my plants in 1 gal fabrics for 8 weeks before I flower…only reason I’m vegging these in 2 gals for longer because the I like big healthy roots to not make me waste nutrients. My plan is to veg them for clones…take two from each and flower to choose a keeper. My moms be in 5 gallon fabric pots for over a year before I get bored and move on to something else, I never have root bound issues. To answer your question yes I hybrid scrog not a true scrog. I have no height issues either way, but my buds are bigger in ScrOG, which is why I chose it. Yes feminized.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Soaknbeanz is another great seed supplier.Lots of great genetics at 50 a pack and tons of freebies to.

6 Likes

Another HUGE recommendation from me for soaknbeans. GLG and DCSE are also good reliable companies but I prefer soaknbeans for quality and value and service. Also, @Kakalak and @SamwellBB from soaknbeans are both active members here on overgrow, and they have their own great forum as well.

7 Likes

IDK, seed buying can be a shit show. Most of my best grows were with cheap seeds, that did not get over hyped.
I love working with unknown bean bangers, like picking a piece of candy from a box of unlabeled chocolats, it’s either, OMG!!! Or WTF is that!
I grow for me and mine, and I dont give shit about fancy art work on a seed packet.
I do not need to see your upclose bud shots dripping in LED enhanced photo op’s.
Nor do I need a fan boy/girl, with over the top, proclamations of pounds per square inch results.
I guess I’m so sick of the over hype of breeding, er, selling of beans.

13 Likes

I have literally not even heard of runtz untill like 2 months ago. I agree, seems like a cash grab with untested single crosses.

1 Like

I’ve gotten great results from $5 seeds. A lot goes into the pricing and cost certainly doesn’t correlate 1:1 with quality

1 Like

Exactly if it getd me high I don’t care if its called dog shit

Lol

3 Likes