No-Till & Organics Q&A's

Yup!

I’ve made a few compost teas, added LABS, and modern microbes

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’m starting to thins it’s genetics. Although all my plants have small buds like that

1 Like

The large intermodal spacing could be due to the fact I vegged under the same lights , 3K spectrum. I just got a 4k veg light to hopefully tighten it up

1 Like

Not enough blue in 3000K for veg really. That would definitely cause stretch.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got a 5k veg light now!

But am still wondering what’s causing the “lack of buds” on the plants I haw now. Just genetics?

2 Likes

I would think so, do you have anymore of that strain to try?

Have you checked for any light leaks? That can make plants do strange stuff.

2 Likes

The other plants in the tent also have small buds, but I started them late and didn’t veg them as long.

I blacked out the window in the room and would say the tent it pretty light proof. The only thing that emits light in the tent is the humidifier. I covered up the lights with a piece of cardboard

Could it be the low co2?

2 Likes

I would put several layers of tape over the light, it may not look bright to your eyes but in infra red range to a plant its like a huge flood light.

I saw the bag hanging up and wondered if that was a CO2 generating bag, Do your plants get an air exchange often or do you rely on the mushroom bag for it. Do you know how much CO2 its producing, lack of CO2 will definitely inhibit growth.

I will double check everything in the tent tonight to make sure no light in the tent

I have any exhaust and active intake to exchange air. The exhaust is hooked up to a humidity controller and only cycles on when rh is too high right now. The mushroom bag is producing co2 but not much above 730ppm with lights on

1 Like

The Co2 should be enough for the plants you have, especially if the air is not re cycling often. Must be just the genetics, the plants look healthy for sure other than stretch and lack of leaves and buds.

I think I might have gotten a little bit carried away with defoliating of the leaves in veg and also in flower during the first week or two. Next round, should I leave a bit more of the elite was on during flower in?

I dont take leaves of unless they are causing an issue like blocking airflow in veg or light from bud sites in flower up until they finish there stretch, then leave alone they need leaves to make the energy to grow and pump the nutrients up out of the ground and make buds. So that is more likely part of the cause.

1 Like

Got a question for you guys, is it any good to use Peat moss as a mulching? I’ll have 50 l left and I rather use it instead of bark or straw

Thanks in advance

1 Like

You can use anything for mulch but it’s better, to use something that has nutrients it can release. If you don’t have worms in your pots, then it’s not so bad, as they rely on a good mulch for food.

3 Likes

I’ll actually add a handful of worms to my bed, I think i can score some bark or wood chips in a near park also i was thinking to top dress with coffee grounds some banana and avocado peels and vegetable trims

What us the best mulching among clover crop you like to use guys?

Thanks all

2 Likes

Be careful using mulch from a park, you never know if they sprayed it with weed killer. It could kill your plants if they did. I use rice hulls or straw as a mulch layer. Usually I combine that with a clover blend from build a soil.

6 Likes

SNAP that’s what is missing. I blender an aloe leaf and dilute it adding a 1/4 cup to a couple gallons of water occasionally…last time I did cuttings I used aloe treated water and the cuttings took off quick! This time I didn’t get the same root response and was trying to figure out why.

6 Likes

So im running out of dirt and im sick of buying it. I buy happy frog. Doo i decided to try and build my own. Here’s what i did (don’t be too hard, i can still go to the store and get things)

I went in the woods and got amout a cubic foot of dead leaves, organic matter. About a cubic foot of nice black dirt after pulling anything growing out of it. It was from under the leaves. Then about 3 cubic feet of my used happy frog, half a foot of charcoal from my fire pit (i only burn wood there), about a cubic foot of composted pig manure. Mixed it and watered it. I need to go dig a bunch of worms up to ad. I want to buy some fish emulsion. anything else, or is it completely wrong?

2 Likes

The only issue I see is no aeration. Add some perlite, rice hulls, pumice, etc. About 3-4 cubic feet should do for the amount of soil you are mixing. Cannabis likes a fast draining soil mix.

I also see a lack of minerals. Something like glacial rock dust at about 2-4 cups per cubic foot. Equal parts basalt, glacial rock dust, gypsum, and oyster shell flour will help provide micro nutrients and keep the pH levels in check.

5 Likes

Sounds good Jdem, you should use the ash from the fire, and put the charcoal in the fish emulsion for a while and turn it into a slow release bio char. You should also add some gypsum for sulphur and calcium, also rock dust for minerals, basalt is good, or glacial rock dust, basalt is more cost effective as it has higher concentrations of minerals. Crab meal is a good slow release calcium as well. Seaweed or kelp meal provides lots on minerals as well as growth hormones. With the worms get red wigglers, they cost money, to getting them from your garden, but work much better than regular worms. Pumice or larva rock works well for aeration,

Beaten by Reikio lol, just as I posted.

6 Likes

great minds think alike

3 Likes