Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

Maybe that’s where the term comes from “Don’t blow smoke up my ass” or “are you blowing smoke up my ass.”

3 Likes

:v:

7 Likes

we could have learned a lot from natives had we not been so busy killing them and stealing their land…

6 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

HYPERION - World’s Tallest Known Living Tree, Rising Above the Rest The largest patch of old-growth redwood forest, located in Humboldt Redwoods State Park, California, United States :us:
Hyperion is a coast redwood (Sequoia sempervirens) that was measured at 115.92 m (380.3 ft), which ranks it as the world’s tallest known living tree.
Hyperion was discovered on August 25, 2006, by naturalists Chris Atkins and Michael Taylor. It was found in a remote area of Redwood National Park that was part of the original 1968 park boundaries.
It is estimated to be 600 to 800 years old and contain 530 m3 (18,600 cu ft) of wood.
The exact location of Hyperion is nominally secret. However, In July 2022, the Redwood Park superintendent closed the entire area around the tree, citing “devastation of the habitat surrounding Hyperion" caused by visitors, and now anyone who gets too close could face up to six months in jail and a $5,000 fine. (Researchers have said that woodpecker activity at the top may have prevented the tree from growing taller.)

10 Likes

I challenge this…

Maybe 2.5 months to go. Hasn’t started flowering yet.

10 Likes

It seems to me I’ve read about “smokey notes” in smoke reports here at OG. :rofl:

1 Like

Heh Heh, nice little plant ya got there!

19 Likes

OMFG! 67891

Yes, it’s a fucking complete sentence.

7 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

My kids go nuts when they get a green bill :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeeeaaah…about that…
I’m old.
When I was a kid, you could take a weekend trip with your kids on $100…
Fill the back of the station wagon with groceries and still have enough left over for McDonalds…
It WAS and SHOULD BE a lot of money, considering how many hours of labor you have to do to get it!.

4 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes