Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

6 Likes

5 Likes

This is the entire article that accompanies the photo.

"A photographer has been disqualified from a picture competition after his real photograph won in the AI image category.

"Miles Astray entered a real, albeit surreal photo of a flamingo into the AI category of the 1839 Color Photography Awards which the judges not only placed third but it also won the People’s Vote Award.

“"I wanted to show that nature can still beat the machine and that there is still merit in real work from real creatives,” Astray tells PetaPixel over email.

““After seeing recent instances of AI-generated imagery beating actual photos in competitions, I started thinking about turning the story and its implications around by submitting a real photo into an AI competition.””

6 Likes

What person who grew up writing cursive, well or not, doesn’t know this?!

5 Likes

In school I would scribble notes as fast as I could and I found the act of writing them down would solidify them in my memory and I would never look at my notes again.

8 Likes

I forget EVERYTHING I don’t write down.
It’s almost like a superpower.

4 Likes

5 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

nah, that’s just me being a smart-ass…

2 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

good thing because you can’t read them anyway. i did that too. kinda like my own shorthand. too bad i couldn’t decipher it most of the time.

2 Likes

This is 100% true :joy: I can barely read my own writing most of the time I feel bad for others trying to read it.

3 Likes

Perhaps you missed your calling as a doctor.

2 Likes