Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

that’s not a proper rant. i mean i agree completely but come on. surely you can do better than that…

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely. But it’s not the right place for this lol

1 Like

Looks like the bubble is getting close to bursting on the AI boondoggle. Seems it’s not even coming close to living up the the hype and is costing corporations a fortune after AI projects fail miserably.Looks like a lot of corporations who let people go to replace them with AI are going to have to bring people back on, costing even more money.

3 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

10 Likes

Hey @Foreigner you will want to see this! :rofl:

4 Likes

9 Likes

“Through macro photography, high-resolution images of our irises (the colored circle around our pupils) are transformed into otherworldly deserts and galaxies.” That’s kind of no shit. There’s a short and very interesting narrative at the beginning of the article followed by a lot more photos.

5 Likes

I’ll bet you can’t make a miniature golf shot like this kid! It’s difficult to follow the ball, at least for my old eyes, but it’s one hell of a shot!

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this is in no way meant to be political even though the two individuals are most definitely politicians. Gotta love their faces!

7 Likes

16 Likes

Those are pretty cool! And I’ll say, from many of your posts on the food thread, you do appear to have a hearty appetite! HA! My guess is it wouldn’t replace your air fryer. :thinking:

3 Likes

Is that photo shopped or a mutation?

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.ade2537

2 Likes

A lot of ppl don’t realize that the West chipped in to build a shield over Chernobyl. It’s construction and movement into place was an engineering marvel.

Here’s a very much sped up version of the shield being moved into place (they had to move it incredibly slowly).

2 Likes

Maybe something good will come from Chernobyl. Scientists are studying the radiation protection capabilities of a mutated mould they found these on the ISS. This could enable long endurance space missions and settlements on Mars.

3 Likes

I zoomed and it seems to be a pinecone in that dog’s mouth.

Very interesting article links! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

8 Likes

as long as it’s not political it can be. i like hearing when folks air out gripes sometimes. not too often but occasionally.

1 Like

was he from wv? i have a buddy that did that after a case…

he won with the cow too, well, didn’t get killed and the cow ran away so it was a w.

1 Like