Nooobie cloning

gonna start cloning is there a perticular cloning gel that is preferred ?

5 Likes

I use CloneX or tap water. I hear aloe works as well and will be my future go-to.

2 Likes

I’ve messed around with just leaving a cutting in a glass of water, took roughly 2 weeks to start showing root-nubs. Did the same thing with a few drops of Clonex in the water, and it was more like 8 days or so, and more roots in that time.

5 Likes

so far clonex is getting the nod thanks all for the timely response

2 Likes

Ive always used rootech rooting gel
Made by technaflora. Its the only gel ive ever used and it works every time. Used bunches of the little 7g tiny containers. I haven’t tried anything else though so I’m sure there are better or more preferable kinds. I heard a bunch of good things about clonex.

1 Like

Yep, clonex works well for me, is widely known and you will find it anywhere.

3 Likes

I’ve already used both and compared to clonex rootech tecnaflora is better in my opinion the components of the formula make the difference.

“This formulation is among the strongest cloning gels on the market, with a concentration of 0.55% (5.5 g/l) IBA. It’s so thick it can be applied to cuttings during watering sessions.”

Actually, nowadays I use nothing and it works the same way, but I’ve also used aloe vera with great success but the real darling is still rotech because of the IBA.

if it were easily accessible in my country I would certainly buy rootech to make my cuts nowadays.

4 Likes

I’m trying aloe Vera next … they all seem to work IME

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Seems like it is difficult to find in Canada these days.

what’s your plan for propogation? cloner machine, like plastic spray box? red party cups? only taking a couple and transplanting?

I’ve never made a cut but thinkin about it on my next tent run, tryin to do a little propogation. Will be following along :pray:

1 Like

im planning on clones from plants that i grow no ryme or reason going to use plastic trays w/ humid dome heat mat rockwool

1 Like

Everyone definitely has their ways of going about it. I’m no expert, but I tried building my own bubble cloner and went 1/6. I realize now I probably needed more bubbles and also didn’t realize the stem base shouldn’t touch the water.

That being said, I’ve had the most success with one of those clear, drawer like containers you can get from Walmart with the lid. I use those small plastic containers for seedlings and add soil previously used in other grows. I do this because hot soil(too much nutrients) fuck my clones up. I spray the container every day, and spray the plants when I first cut

2 Likes

Clonex seems to work great for me. However, the difference between clonex and no clonex isn’t that big. The last batch of clones I did I skipped the clonex all together cause I was being lazy and everything was just fine. I would agree with @RookieBuds that they do start to grow roots faster with clonex. Not sure it’s half the time in my case but not too far off.

Purple lid rooting powder from Lowe’s(the label is gone), Clone King, tap water, 1 aspirin, 10 days

5 Likes

love seein those fishbones, hell yeah

I have tried all kinds of ways to clone and had good success with every method. I had a thing for slapping a cut in soil inside a solo and letting em rip for awhile there…

With that said I have been using root plugs with the Grodan smart tray with great success. This has been my preferred method for awhile now. Have been getting roots fairly quickly and pretty low maintenance.

Recently I have was noticing @DJSF was killing it with his cloner. Cuts are looking super healthy. :arrow_down: (DJSF’s pic)

20220826_092705

Ok, Really I have been checking out the Cloners for a few years now but the Root plugs and Grodan trays have been producing such great results why change?

So in my travels through the OGverse I have been seeing more and more cloners. So I decided to build a cheap arse little one as I had a few cuts on there way.

Yes… the pic is just after I placed the cuts I received in the mail. That is why they look a bit unhappy.

Anyway, All I did was place some cuts in the ol bubble cloner and I had roots on two of the cuttings in 5 days.

So yes! I did the ol dive into cloners on the OG.

This is the same basic design concept :arrow_down: with an addiction for some

Atomizers.

So with all :arrow_up: said. Bubble cloner it is…

As no dome is needed I can place all kinds of cuttings in this I would imagine. Once all the parts get here on Thursday the Cloning extravaganza will commence. Fruit trees, Flowering trees… No plant will be safe.

Anyway that’s my .02 and I can say I wish I would have made the switch sooner… :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I don’t use hormone

Me neither, straight tap water.

1 Like

Glad you’ve joined the bubble cloner side. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Started with clonex because of Mel and Jorge. IMO it’s no better than alternatives. This has been my go to for awhile and I’ve never had a failure.

1 Like