Northeastern Growers' Corner

We were by Quechee Gorge the other week, gorgeous view.

4 Likes

Yeah walking on that bridge is pretty crazy . I’ve only been 2 or 3 times in the summer.
I bet it looks amazing in the winter as well.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar with the area. It sounds beautiful

2 Likes

How’s everyone doing this morning? We lost power just before 7 and have lost a couple trees and hour since then.

9 Likes

So far so good Downeast, medium winds and sleet.

8 Likes

So far so good. Rained like crazy last night. Still have power thankfully.

3 Likes

It’s better than a foot or two of snow :wink: so, we will take it. Too many winters we have been completely buried and/or frozen, I like this much better. I hope it lasts the entire winter, a repeat of 2010ish would be great, good fishing on 4/1 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As long as my blueberries get enough cold time to flower this spring, I agree.

6 Likes

Checking in wet waterlogged and unusually warm in CT.

4 Likes

I am with you there. We planted 80 bushes last year, hope they look good in the spring :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot! You’ll be able to make some decent coin once those get established. I only have 4 bushes, and it is more than enough for a family of 2.

What varieties did you plant?

3 Likes

Yes, it shud be good for us, real soon. They were 2 gallon pots, so goodly plants, and they are producers already. Deer and birds are very happy with our work :wink:

If memory serves, we got Bluejay, Blue crop, Blue ray, and jersey, 20 pcs each.

2 Likes

Nice! They’re more productive if they cross pollinate too, so I bet those are gonna do really well for you. Especially with all this rain, they’ll have had a good opportunity to get established. I don’t think it’s possible to give a blueberry bush too much water, or food, or sun for that matter haha. And you can’t beat them for early spring bee food.

2 Likes

@bevestaldo here is one

1 Like

Hey guys, Upstate NY indoor/outdoor grower here. Loving this site and forum sections. Just saying what’s up!! Let’s Grow!

7 Likes

Somehow I missed this topic. Another NYer here. Growing and pollen chuckin’ in Brooklyn.

13 Likes

Your here now. That’s all that matters. There’s a New York thread also

5 Likes

We still have no power, so we drove south until we found it. Wooooo

4 Likes

I’m not liking that :disappointed:. 2 years ago we lost power in February for like 5-6 day. It was a nightmare, especially with electric heat :flushed:

7 Likes

Lucky for us we have a wood stove so it’s no biggy. We didn’t feel like cooking by candle light tonight so a bag of fat it is.

7 Likes