Northern Light and so much she shines <3

Yellowing in lower leaves is something normal, not to worry about. Have you got a TDS meter? Overfeeding is something more problematic than keeping them hungry … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No, no TDS meter, I don’t even know what it is tbh. I have no high tech, or gear of any kind.
I plant the seeds and take good care of them, that’s it… :baby:

TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) checks the ppm (parts per million) of nutrients your water has. That way you can avoid nutrient burns and you know how you’re feeding your plant.

You cannot trust the doses that comes in the nutrients bottles, here is something recommended:

Now I can prepare my plants feeding bottle mixing different nutrients without having the risk of nutrient burn. Gives you more comfidence and relief, a must have for beguinners … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello OG
So after posting pic’s in https://overgrow.com/t/ready-to-harvest-post-your-pics-and-get-advise-cherry-blossom/10859/344 I decided to harvest.
As I’m not much of a couch-lock person, I figured I’d take her a bit sooner then most of you would.
Pre harvest trimming:

I don’t think she yelded as much as I hoped, but I’m quite happy. I havn’t done any weighing, asI got so depressed after the drying last time :smiley:
I will upload further pic’s but I have to downscale the size, as they are above 7mb :frowning:
I have tried her though, a very small amount, that was dry, and omg… 25mins body locked, and now after 2 hours I’m still buzzing ;o)

4 Likes

I hear you and feei your pain lol. It’s sometimes very dissapointing when they shrink away to a 1/4 of their size, especially the fluffy sativas.

3 Likes

New pic’s taken ;o)

The Two Top’s

20-25 degrees Celsius and humidity of 58% in the dark…

5 Likes

Are you not giving these much lights or/and feed. Like that thing went insane but their pretty small buds and I don’t see why as they look ready.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing… So next grow, I’ll get the right gear…
What is the most important thing to get ?

2 Likes

Everything is important, its a complex balancing act, change one thing and everything else changes as well. You need to look at your most limiting factor, to decide what to improve. Whether that is, better climate control, food or light.

If your climate control is good atm, then it will be food or light, if you have good food as well, but not giving them enough, up the food amount, and then see how they do, if the light is not very powerful, then add more light, and be prepared to adjust your climate control. You have to be patient with plants unfortunately lol.

Do the easy cheaper stuff first to confirm that the more expensive stuff needs an upgrade. I find as I perfect my grow, things change and get adapted and improved, I dont have lots of cash, its more of a process of time for me.

I have grown CBD candida that grows like that, doesn’t matter how much nutrients or light they get, they end up like that, all airy and fluffy its the genetics of the plant. Have you grown these before with different results?

3 Likes

Everything :blush: probably be best telling us what you’ve already got to narrow the list down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: everything @Shadey said is bang on as well mate.

2 Likes

Just had a look through the rest of your thread, you seem to have the climate pretty good atm, the light is OK for the cabinet size, so it comes down to food. I dont use bottled nutrients, so I know nothing about HY-PRO Terra.

I think I read you had her under 12/12 lights, as its an auto that is going to affect its bud size as you can give autos a 20/4 light schedule for max growth. Topping her gave you some great vegative growth but I think the lack of time you have with an auto, doesn’t allow for a good root development, to support the nutrients needed for all those bud sites, and short changed you, before they could develop properly.

3 Likes

No I’ve grown another kind of Northern lights. This is a hyper auto, so my disappointment might be a combination of to little light’s and a new strain. My first two grows yielded much more, and they have had worse conditions then this single plant.

I’m considering getting a Bloom light, that should only compliment the Mars Hydro I have now. I have noticed that the new range has “veg” & “Bloom” switches. (No money makes me consider this option)
And I have found EC and PH meters as well.

Next plant will be a medical CBD strain again, and then a green gelato :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay didn’t know that auto’s could handle that much light… (I forget faster then I learn) and with the new knowledge, I’m thinking that with all the time I have on hand, I should maybe not go for an auto ?
Or do you think that more light and better nutrition would “take care of that” if I keep doing autos ?

3 Likes

I personally don’t think autos are good for new growers, as it only takes one mistake, and the plant stalls for a couple of weeks, and your left with not much lol.You really have to have your grow dialed in to maximize the growth.

Photos are easier, if you have a problem, you sort it out, and give them longer in veg to pick up the slack, and you get to choose when you want it to flower but yes a bigger light and the right amount of food will help. Yours didn’t actually look bad health wise. The leaves were a nice dark green, I couldn’t see any deficiencies really.

Just looking at your nutrient ingredients and it looks like its just a base that needs other stuff adding to it. You might of been able to give the plant a higher does but if you burn it with too much your waiting for recovery again.

Terra by Hy-Pro is a fertilizer that contains all of the basic nutrients so that your plants can grow as healthy as possible, both during the growth and flowering period. All you need to do is increase the dosage in small amounts as your plants grow, and use some Root Stimulator by Hy-Pro.

5 Likes