Too much or too little Nitrogen?

Hello OG.
I have spend a lot of time trying to figure out what “sickness” my dear Medical Mass have :’( (I’ve checked the categori about them, but I have no idea what to look for)
She’s had a rough time in the beginning, where I had to move her from one pot to another, in that process I destroied ½ of her roots, and I was sure she would die. She is now 13 weeks from first time she saw light.
She was purple at a earlier stage, but now she’s just lost her “glair”… She is the most importent for me, as she is the vital engridience in the oil I hope to produce

6 Likes

What are you feeding her? Seems hungry but could also be locked out due to ph or leftover salt build ups from feedings

7 Likes

Rainwater where the PH is dropped down by using tapwater
And then ½ a lid to 1l water of this

1 Like

Well it’s definitely not overdosed, N overdose would be very dark green , N def. is a mobile nutrient meaning always starts at the bottom of the plant with yellowing and moves upwards taking N from the lower leaves and transports it to the top of the plant as a last resort, N is easily depleted out with successive waterings however with previous statement above it could be ph related , excessives Of one nutrient can show as deficiency of another or host of other things more info needed

8 Likes

That’s severe Nitrogen deficiency. What’s your runoff pH? As @toastyjakes mentioned it could be lockout too. I’m not familiar with your nutes but 2-5-5 is very low on the N side for veg, seems more like a bloom nute.

5 Likes

You could maybe add some more details regarding the lighting ,feeding/watering schedule what n when you’re feeding etc. Looking like a lockout thingy or not enough LITFA .!?
More details will help someone help you better mate.
Good luck with this one.
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

Edit : maybe a cal/mag issue - are you using Led lighting or .?? Did you switch your timer for 12/12 as you seem to NOT know if she’s in flower, ?!
Can you show the top/full plant too bud ?, as it’ll show us the bigger pic.& help you.

1 Like

Thanks to both of you. I noticed when I took the last pic earlier, that the timer for the intake went, wasn’t properly in the socket. So she and Black Domino I have might have been without fresh air for some time… :’( :’( :cry:
But normally they get 10 mins of fresh air every hour, and there is a fan. that just circulates the air.
They get 12 hours of light atm 600W mars Hydro. ( But as I’m grees as a newborn it might be me who’s not used to looking at the plant, and have misjudget if she is flowering yet :/)
Humidity is between 50-55% and the temp is 20C
I only water when the soil is dry’ish

2 Likes

Much too little! Fertilize

1 Like

@BrotherBulldozer Humidity is fine, temps could go up. If you could get them around 25 it would be better. But seriously, check your runoff pH. What is your pH going in? You have something going on that it’s either not getting enough Nitro or it can’t feed. Either it’s out of the pH range to uptake or you have a lockout as @toastyjakes mentioned. Thats some bad damage dude you need to get on it now. It would not hurt to do a good flush with a pH 6.5 water and then feed it… You need to keep your pH under 7. When I grew in soil I always used dolomite lime as a buffer, it keeps it in the needed range for the majority of all it’s needs.

11 Likes

I like your advise @Undead-Toker … Knowing of the damage roots Just finish the plant and see what happens.

5 Likes

that’s basically a good rule to follow but in this case it’s a tough call, imo. i would water with extra-acidity (are you measuring pH in any way?), a water-wetting agent/surfactant, and a good dose of available nitrogen, maintain the pH correction & that’s it. it’s underfed & the pH is too high, possibly from soil drying or just poor.

i say with confidence because i did that plenty in the previous few years.

:four_leaf_clover: :alembic:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

What is the ph of the water you are using after adding nutes? Are you growing in soil? What nutes are you using?

It need more Nitrogen

A little update, now she looks like this. Fed her plenty of everything, and she seams to like it :slight_smile:
How much light does she need ? She has been on 12/12 for a while, but that was due to the mistake of having different strains, with different floweringtimes in same tent… lesson learned :frowning:

5 Likes

I’d say maintain your feeding until 2 weeks prior to harvest, from then on use molasses at 1tsp/gal to increase microbe feeding, eating up the excess/leftover “nutes”.

Not sure what you mean by “how much” light…power or time or what.

More is better in flower :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia it was amount of light (sry for the purw formulation)
I’ve set the time to 16 hours (should it have more?) and I gave the thermostat a nudge, so low it’s 27Celcius…
And she’s looking more and more alive ;o)

1 Like

If you want to continue vegatative growth then yes; if you want it to flower then reduce it to 12 on / 12 off.

I’m in no rush, so I think she should have a chance to grow as much as she can <3

1 Like