First indoor grow

My first attempt at indoor growing… Super og kush under “600 watt” mars hydro lights.

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

lookin good. whats your soil? and whatcha feeding them?

2 Likes

Miracle grow garden soil and miracle grow because i had them on hand and was being lazy. Gonna go organic on my next grow.

3 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your first grow.

3 Likes

ok that makes senseXD i see a nitrogen toxicity id stop feeding them in a week prob. or cut down on the amount:) organics is soo forgiving. microorganisms in my soil make it so i cant get too much N to the plants

5 Likes

What’s the symptoms of n toxicity?

1 Like

those top leaves clawing like that. dead giveaway

4 Likes

I thought that meant they needed water. Thanks for the info. :slight_smile: Fungus is second nature at this point…this is a whole new learning curve…

4 Likes

Nah they only need water when you lift the pot and its light. Big learning curve indeed.

3 Likes

Welcome to the very greatest hobby in the known universe!

Miracle Gro garden soil has fertilizer in it.
You should not have to feed any additional nutrients for a couple of months with indoor ganja plants.
Be aware of the mistake of overwatering🙄

After a while you will “get to know” your plants… intuiting their needs will come as second nature to you.

Good luck, and have tons of fun​:sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

… and get to know that what makes one plant happy will make another plant miserable :laughing:

Anyway, welcome to the smokable garden club. Definitely an enjoyable, rewarding hobby, and there’s always something new to learn. So keep reading, try new things, ask questions, and enjoy.

… and to repeat what everyone else said, you’ll want to move away from MiracleGro soil and fertilizer: these are pretty okay for Generic Plant Growing, and it looks like you’ll get some pretty good buds off of that plant. That said, there are many businesses making nutrients specifically for out happy little plant-friend, and if you have the time/space, you can mix up some soil that will blow MiracleGro out of the water.

2 Likes

Aint no shame in using what you got. The point is to understand the soil and the fertilizer you are using especially if using soil that has added nutrition you have to read the label.

MG organic soil, the majority of the Nitrogen comes from poultry litter. So this soil has plenty of nitrogen. IF this is the soil you are using.

This is the normal stuff, however its the coated release formula and formula will vary according to region.

Either formula has more than enough nitrogen. The problem is its out of spec during flower stages.

Especially if you use MG all purpose formula.
24-8-16 + .21-.11.16

I dont think MG All purpose was intended for indoor use, Its high nitrogen profile is for for soils with low organic matter, like your typical sandy loam soil. Simply said you are using a fertilizer with alot of nitrogen. IF you are using AP.

At this stage you’ll need to use a feed that isn’t hot in N an focuses more on PK. And you sure cant wash the N out if using the polymer time release coated formula.

Good luck!.. and I think it looks good for a 1st grow :grin:

6 Likes

Be carefuly with heavy metals levels…

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I am using the ap soil, How would i add pk?

That is a large question. To help everyone, what are you willing to do. Tea’s, top dressing, PK boosters, bloom specific organic formula, or bloom specific chelated salt formulas.

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of free time so whatever is easiest lol.

2 Likes

That would be a bloom specific bottled nutrient. You are learning so a one part bloom nutrient would be the easiest. I would recommend something like Botanicare, or Humbolts Own but it just needs to be something you can afford. Just follow directions for the rest of the grow while you learn some more. If you like whatever bloom you have, pick up the veg formula when you start your next run. If you want to try notill or hydro then you can read up on it while you build a stash and save some money for supplies. You have to learn to walk before you run. I use Bio Thrive but am disappointed Monsanto bought them out.

4 Likes

you can go pick nettle plants. put them in water for a day or two. then water with that. best all around nutrient forsho. and cheap. for flowering use nettle and flowers of clover or whatever else. dandelion greens and flowers is amazing

5 Likes