Northern Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

they always know more than we think…

7 Likes

Got the 2x4 tent setup in the 4x4 veg room, that was a bit tricky to get setup. It’s got a 4" fan and filter and a 250-watt Cree CXB3590 light. Since only three of the autos popped, I put three 5-gallon pots in there.

The RQS NL Auto on the left is doing some odd leaf twisting, but otherwise they are doing well. I suspect they will take off under the bigger lights.

18 Likes

The RQS NL on the left isn’t doing too well. Not sure if it is a runt, or simply got too dry, the cups are pretty dry in 24 hours. The Forgotten Cookies (purple cup) finally dried out enough to water again. Still no action on the last Female Seeds (green) cup, I’ll give it a few more days then dig it up.

Got some lettuce, strawberries, and rosemary plants last time I went to the grocery store. The green beans have sprouted. The “carrots” never made it. :joy:

Remember to “Stay the Fuck at Home”

20 Likes

I was looking for a green cup for enough time to look as an idiot icon_e_confused|nullxnull , weird tagging indeed :smile:, following your good progress … Arriba|nullxnull

10 Likes

These were drying out too much in the light mix, so I pulled the bottom cups and transplanted them. It worked pretty well, all had a tap roots circling the bottom. I dug up the missing Female Seeds and it looks like it had trouble with the seed husk and membrane. I tried surgery, but doubt she will make it.

13 Likes

The NL plants are still a bit unhappy, but are pulling out of their funk. Not sure if the fan is too high, the lights are too bright, or the pots are getting too dry. Either way, I lowered the light level a bit, put the fan on low, and watered them all with some coconut water, aloe, fulvic, and silica.

15 Likes

Eh I think they look fine ^^
Maybe some fert issues some way but I think they’ll pull through for sure. I’m no expert but it doesn’t look like light or fan issues to me.

Why the coconut water and aloe exactly? Not seen or heard that before, genuinely interested :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Aloe Powder - Adds saponins, rooting hormones, and salicylic acids.
Coconut Water Powder - Adds enzymes, auxins, and micronutrients,
Fulvic Acid - Fulvic acid (Ful-power) enhances nutrient uptake, cell division and elongation, and enzyme activity.
Silica - Adds pest and disease control, strengthens stems

11 Likes

Looking a bit better today. The one on the right is a bit yellow, but they will pull out of it, today they got plain water.

10 Likes

The girls in the tent are looking much better today. New growth is lush and green, and the clover is taking over. Royal Queen Seeds NL on the left and right, Female Seeds NL in the middle. I made a tea with 1.25 gallons of water, 1/4 cup neem, and 2 tablespoons kelp. I added a 1/4 teaspoon of aloe powder and a teaspoon of silica.

10 Likes

Dont you love it when you dont look at your plants for a couple days, then BAM huge growth spurt. Guess they liked the neem/kelp tea I gave them.

17 Likes

These NL Autos sure have started to hit their stride. At just over three weeks, the Female Seeds plant (middle) is showing signs of flowering, and maybe a touch of nutrient burn on the tips. The Royal Queens Seeds plants (left and right) are showing no signs of flowering yet. The cover crop is having trouble keeping up with the plants now. I gave them all a feed of EWC extract and a bit of pumpkin FPJ.

17 Likes

Lmao I thought it was just me. I try to not look for a couple days but it’s almost impossible

9 Likes

Had to chop and drop the cover crop today. Gave them plain water today.

10 Likes

Not trying to sound stupid but what’s the benefit of cover crop besides moisture control?

3 Likes

Besides moisture control, the clover will produce nitrogen from the air.

6 Likes

The Northern Lights autos are growing bigger by the day. The Female Seeds NL auto (middle) is flowering now, buds are forming. The Royal Queens Seeds NL autos are showing no signs of sex yet, let alone flowering. They all got plain water again today.

16 Likes

When you say it produces nitrogen - is it put into the soil by the roots exudates, or some other process, or is it stored in the clover, or?

5 Likes

Clover, or more precisely, legumes in general form a symbiotic relationship with nitrogen fixing bacteria in the rhizome. These bacteria pull nitrogen from the atmosphere and make it available to the legumes. To make nitrogen available to the plants, you compost the legumes. By chopping it and placing it on top of the soil, nitrogen will slowly be released back to the soil.

16 Likes

Thanks for filling in some of the blanks in my education! :smiley:

4 Likes