Northern lights from seeds, my first indoor grow

I have had a pretty successful summer with my first outdoor grow. A friend of mine upgraded his indoor grow and sold me his old set up for a great price so I am now trying my hand at indoor!

First trial run is 3 northern lights from seeds. Germinated and popped up really fast. The growth rate of these plants inside is much quicker than my outdoor plants.

I topped one, and it worked and is currently growing 2 new main top stems! The other two I tried fimming but I didnt do it properly, so I decided to give them some LST instead!

These are short bushy girls, should I be trimming them yet? Or just let them be bushy for a while?

11 Likes

Let them grow out. NL is know for its straight structure with little branching. You can spread out the branches as they grow, or bend the tops down till the lower branches catch up to form a more even canopy. Or wait for the main tops to get big enough and take them as cuttings, making the rest of the branches even height.

1 Like

There are many ways to do it. I would tie down the main stem and allow the lowers to catch up to create a canopy.

All the best

1 Like

nice pics ,plants look good, who 's nl did you use if you know? @Rukus

1 Like

Canuck seeds

2 Likes

I’ve grown out the Canuk fem NL a few times now. Very nice smoke, ready in 50 days. Pretty dank. Here’s a crappy pic on harvest day:

I think you will like her. Around a QP at this size.

She really likes the cal/mag

All the best. I have more pics if you’re interested.

Edit: I’d say the pic on the canuk website is very similar/the same as my experience.

3 Likes

Ready for harvest in 50 days? Wow really, when should I be switching light. I’m currently at 18/6

This one was either 6 or 8 weeks of veg (I can’t recall). How big is your tent?

Either one would give you good results. Just
Make sure you’ve got the space. She gets really top heavy and tends to fall over/need to be staked up.

My tent is fairly small. 3 x 5.

I forgot to keep track of when it started veg. I’d say shes in about week 4

1 Like

I ran 3 plants in a 2x4 tent with a 6-8 week veg time which would give plants the size I showed you. Space was very tight. Make sure you have good airflow.

Are you showing any sign of preflowers yet?

Here’s another pic for fun:

Edit: I’m always guilty of vegging too long. If I were you I’d tie them down, wait until they’re about 12” tall with a few growing tops and flip from there.

2 Likes

Nah I dont think any preflower yet. I’ll go take some more pics and show you.

1 Like

thanks! they look good, will have to see though in the states and the border thing.

thanks for that input, very useful to me!

Its night time in my tent, I’ll take some good pics at “sunrise” ha ha

Veg till it’s 1/3-1/2 the height you want it to finish at. Don’t forget to count the height of the container and for your lights! They stretch 1.5-2x in height, 3x for the sativas.

Theres some more pics Foreigner

4 Likes

They look like they’re doing very well. I’d tie them down flat for a few weeks yet and then flip.

She doesn’t stretch that much but be aware of your ceiling height.

All the best

1 Like