Northern lights, the kind in the sky

Last night was wild. Smokin’ killer weed while watching this show was awesome.
Supposed to be even better tonight.

10 Likes

Did anyone smoke Northern Lights while watching the Northern Lights? It has a certain symmetry to it.

3 Likes

If only I had known, I would have popped some NL#2 seeds a few months ago and been prepared for the occasion.

3 Likes

I’m in Ohio, Cleveland suburbs. Second time in my life I’ve seen them, first time was 20 years ago but they weren’t as brilliant as last night. I’m hoping they happen again tonight.

2 Likes

I saw them once back in the 80’s, but last nights show was way better than what I saw back then.

1 Like

Not my pics, few I found on book of faces. Cades Cove Jeep Outpost outside GSMNP.

8 Likes

Totally bad ace. I have been to Cades Cove multiple times.
Gatlinburg is about 6 hours from me.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It was to cloudy here. I just saw a slight purple haze. :pensive: My daughter on the other side of the state saw and got some awesome photos.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

It all looks amazing! I’m too far north to see that. 24 hours of daylight puts a damper on events like that. Thanks for sharing the pics everyone!

2 Likes

From my front yard

7 Likes

Thanks for the info! I had a girlfriend from Cleveland many years ago. I hope to see the lights like you seen last night. Incredibly beautiful, my oh my. :star_struck:
You are in my view, a lucky person.
:v:

3 Likes

Heading down late Oct for a week vacation, I’ll have to hit you up for some input as we get closer.

Hopefully we get a glimpse tonight, my girls have never had the pleasure.

2 Likes

You, my friend, need the full Purple Haze experience.

Beautiful pictures! Please post more if you have them. It was raining where I live last night.

2 Likes

I just woke up from a righteous nap. I am ready for another late night.
Hopefully I will have even better pictures tonight.

2 Likes

I’m going to a star party tonight. Crossing my fingers for clear skys.

2 Likes

I hope this thread gets blown up with pictures tonight.

2 Likes

Here’s one taken by and for the entire planet. Aurora Borealis from the International Space Station:

7 Likes

Wondering how those aboard dealt with the extra radiation.
I know I could find out in a few clicks…perhaps when I’m more caffeinated.

2 Likes