Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Probably terpenes which are commonly found in the strain “wedding cake”.

Honestly no idea this existed.
Thanks!!!

1 Like

Hey great advice on tincture. I’ve been making it for a year now and do it just like you except I leave in freezer for five days and filter in freezer then evap down to 2 ounces with a fan blowing over it. The guy who taught me this says he likes the five days instead of quick wash version,so that’s the only one I do and works wonders. I was wondering why sometimes I get this black molasses looking stuff on bottom after evap. I even tried filter but drips through. Was wondering after I use up the tincture that black stuff add a little grain and melt to a liquid and use?

3 Likes

I just take with a tiny sip of something and let sit in mouth for 10 seconds or so no burn and actually tastes great. Tasty strains come through if don’t burn during decarboxylation.

1 Like

Brilliant, many thanks for the comment and picture…i will try as well to evaporate as mich as possible… Or almost to drink.

Do you consider the effects as narcotic or energetic?

1 Like

Not sure i understood this.

1 Like

I just mean when you use cheese cloth to filter all the big stuff, I put a coffee filter on a mason jar with lid without middle to hold filter and leave in freezer to filter all small stuff and plant waxes.

1 Like

I make one out of sativa and one indica. Indica one for sleeping will knock ya out half of dropper. Sativa gives crazy energy all depends on strains to. I tried making with sativa for sleep all I had to make and kept me up for hours like 2 in the morning :laughing:

1 Like

I believe it’s leftover water.
I get the same thing in our tincture bottles.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Took me a few years of piecemeal reading but I finally made it through all 2049 posts! Excellent stuff everyone!! Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I have a question for those with experience with this; Can you use a still to reclaim alcohol from a tincture?

I would also like to contribute by sharing this method that I learned from Slymer (@slymer2078) on IG.

• extract using your favourite method with buds, trim, pressed pucks, etc. and high proof alcohol (winterize or not, up to you)
  • Strain twice using favourite method (coffee filter, Büchner funnel, whatever works best for you but Büchner funnel is the preferred method)
  • reclaim or evaporate alcohol
  • If reclaiming using source turbo, use a vacuum chamber to purge residual alcohol (Vevor has a few very inexpensive models that I have my eye on)
  • If using a vacuum chamber, place oil in a mason jar without the lid on top of a heating pad set to 92-95 degrees, run until the bubbles stop and you will have your final oil material

From here you have many options but the one he shared seems like a solid method; Mix the finished material with MCT oil and lecithin then place in caps or syringes for appropriate dosing.

• His recommended ratio is to use 1 cup of MCT oil for every 28 grams of finished material and 1 tbsp of liquid lecithin
  • Place in a magic butter machine and run on 160 at 1hr oil

I do not have a magic butter machine but I bet you could just as easily use the crockpot method for this application. I believe it’s something as simple as placing the mixture in the pot on low for 4-8 hrs. I personally would use my immersion circulator (sous vide) for this infusion. Pick the method that works best for you.

I personally will try this method and will experiment with keeping the final infused MCT oil in a tincture dropper bottle, I love the stems with measurement readings for accurate dosing.

3 Likes

If you want a shortcut. Simply decarb at 240 or so for 40 mins. Fill mason jar with material top off with carrier oil cook at 167-200 for 3-3.5 hrs. Cooking at 167 in oil without the decarb will fully extract acidic cannabinoids with minimal decarboxylation. I got this info I think it was Ardent. I forget honestly but one of the companies that makes a little decarb machines did the research.

1 Like

If your gonna post that experiment i’d love to watch. Im supposed to be trying almost the same thing this year but havent put my vacuum distiller together(still need some parts, and lazy lol). This thread is what actually brought me to OG. Its nice to see this thing still rockin.

1 Like

You building one like “Ichiban Crafter”?

Yeah trying to. my parts are all missmatched, but I feel like I’ll get something working at somepoint in my life lol.

1 Like

Nice! Been interested in that for a while - I gave up on it, but super interested, haha. I posted a thread here discussing it a little bit. Are you a member of his facebook group. Supposedly good information there (I don’t have facebook).
Following you now in case there’s updates, at some point in our lives, haha. (Is that a new feature of the site upgrade… @Northern_Loki?)

2 Likes

yeah, im in the facebook group. There is a good amount to read through there with him trying to help people figure it out. I stalled out big time because I wanted to make my own coil and trying to fing the fittings and tubeing. I stumbled onto a guy doing hvac stuff with 1/4 inch copper tube and fittings(think) and got inspired again. Im ready to make some FECO now, so here’s hoping I can get around to it soon lol

1 Like

I believe it is, more information on that feature can be found here.

1 Like