Not Just Another Tincture Thread

**So how’s Earl these days? **

I have heard nothing but good stuff about the Source. I would have liked to have had that instead of the ISO-3. The Source is really expensive and has a ton of add-ons that add up to expense. It’s not an extractor like the ISO. You’d use it to make concentrates and reclaim alcohol but it doesn’t do a very large volume.

3 Likes

Thank You, that is what I was leaning towards myself (alcohol recovery and removing it from the product)
So a Thumbs up from you and others Thanks Much
You doing OK?

3 Likes

Here is a short review of the extractor by Nebula Haze.

She thinks it is a worthwhile purchase.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Two huge thumbs up from me. :+1::+1:
Mines about paid for itself by recovering alcohol. It works well with up to about 8oz. of alcohol. I’ve used it to distill alcohol from used weed and filters, distill higher proof alcohol from cheap lower proof alcohol, and of course, reduce my Green Dragon to oil.

6 Likes

Geez Stiggy…
You change your profile picture more often that some people change their clothes!!
And I was just getting used to seeing ol’ Popcorn Sutton… :wink:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Still trying to find myself I guess

3 Likes

Used some RSO oil I made a few years ago that has been sitting in my freezer . The infusion level, if I remember correctly, was as high as i could make it, silly strong. Broke out my molds and the pour thing, used it all up .

15 Likes

What flavor brother?

1 Like

I cannot remember. When I made my last batch of candies, I used all my RSO oil (a lot) but had so much candy I did not need more at the time. I poured what was left into a large saucer and let it harden into a disk, then placed in a ziplock in the freezer. Today I just melted it and poured it into these molds.

Thinking it was 50/50 Strawberry / watermelon . @OleReynard

8 Likes

Looks tasty just eat the last of my medicated peanut butter love edibles

2 Likes

Hey buddy, quick question, I froze my trim before drying it and I wanted your opinion on the best way to dry it quickly? Also curious about how you setup the rice cooker to be a double broiler?

Phew that was quite a read, took me nearly 3 days of quarantine-at-home-workin’ to get here.
My 96% grain alcohol should be on the way, and I have plenty of material for when it arrives.

I’ll check back in with some pictures!

Edit: well it just arrived! I know what I’ll be doing tomorow

9 Likes

Alright then! Just finished with the run, and it looks sweet. Lime looking joy-juice in a jar.
My run was embarrassingly low tech, even though the stuff required is already very household…

The starting material, larfy buds

Before and after removing some unwanted acid stuff:

Hup, Holland, hup! Grain liqour from the motherland.

And here are the first and second wash… Did not have no coffeefilters, so I got my dangle on…

14 Likes

Nice color so far! Looks great. :yum:

3 Likes

Is there by chance a idiots guide to extraction for vape juice?

Thinking I better order up supplies before anything else gets deemed non-essential :slight_smile:

Recommended Canadians sources would be good too. After a little online shopping, I think I’ll be making some nicotine e-juice too since - it sure looks like I can make a litre for what I’m paying for 50ml at the local shop…

Any recipes that do a half decent job at masking THC odors?

1 Like

I can’t speak to extraction.

But for a good CDN supplier of nic juice I’ve used ecigsupply for years now.

I’ve got about a Gallon of VG/PG lying around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going to order some lollipop moulds to try your hard candy recipe next…

1 Like

Not really, I just suggest getting a tank specifically for oil. Something like the Molecule RDA.

Fry up some bacon, that shit will cover anything. :yum:

5 Likes

Hey Reiko, man, I wish I had found this earlier. Now, I’m going for some alcohol and make some tincture. I was doing oil but it’s more hassle and I don’t have a syringe anymore and don’t want to buy 100.

Forgive me if I ask or mention something already covered… I’ll try and get through that 800+ pages sometime, lol…

Have you used that alcohol made here in Colorado called 42o Extractor? It’s filtered more and has less water in it.

Another thing I noticed in your intro was the chlorophyll. I tried doing an extraction with no shaking and just a few mild swirls and for less than 5 min. It produces the golden color and seemed to be no less potent. I read it somewhere and was making wax to smoke. Maybe a second wash would help get anything not taken from shaking.

Anyway, I’m glad I came across this. I need a new project for WuFlu days at home. I’ve never done any decarbing yet, but I do have a lot of older pot I was going to use for hash and oils. Having some decarbed pot on hand will be great. Do you think it keeps okay in a jar without losing any potency? Or, is it better to use all you make each time?

Thanks bro! Time to go back and start browsing 818 posts! peace

1 Like

My needs are more on the microdose range than most. I put 2 drops of Edison CBD/thc balanced extract in my 3ml tank and I can control my migraines. A big hit like that will put me down for days…